Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Performance Upgrades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 10 <12345678910>
Pelyma

England 

I notice he doesn't come over here!! Who wants a box that wipes out your warranty Confused
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #156552nd Sep 2005 4:08 pm
BN

England 

Pelyma wrote:
I notice he doesn't come over here!! Who wants a box that wipes out your warranty Confused

Ah, but I have been over there and asked Dastek my favourite question, what happens to the car in low range. RRS guys, don't know what that is apart from Neilr and Biggles.

Re warranty, good one, possibly Dastek less of a problem than a remap as it can easily be removed for service etc. Bit like a add in Ipod, does that invalidate the warranty, who knows with LR now a days.

Post #156602nd Sep 2005 4:27 pm
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Who wants to try and remove a plug-in box before land rover assist arrives in the pouring rain on the side of a motorway????...lets hope all 'plug in' box users are suitably equipped to remove said items quickly and before every service or piece of warranty work (and there is plenty of that on DISCO 3's at the moment)!!!

Again, I'll remind forum members that the Turbochip upgrade is undetectable and cannot be detected by any of LR's diagnostic equipped.....we fit it and you can forget about it Wink

Post #156652nd Sep 2005 5:01 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

turbochip wrote:
Who wants to try and remove a plug-in box before land rover assist arrives in the pouring rain on the side of a motorway????...lets hope all 'plug in' box users are suitably equipped to remove said items quickly and before every service or piece of warranty work (and there is plenty of that on DISCO 3's at the moment)!!!

Again, I'll remind forum members that the Turbochip upgrade is undetectable and cannot be detected by any of LR's diagnostic equipped.....we fit it and you can forget about it Wink

Chris, can you fix the damned software though for LR first?

Post #156662nd Sep 2005 5:03 pm
LRtuning

The software LR is basically a combination of 4 engine management manufacturers; Lucas,Bosch, Siemens and Denso.....and therefore when you try to run all these systems togethers bugs will invariably appear.

The latest 'WDS' or 'Testbook' system whilst very comprehensive is not at all user friendly (and yes I have used it) which means that many of the so called communication errors or failures are the combination of poor training and user error.

The system is not 'failsafe' and can (unintentionally I would presume) allow users to input 'bad' or the wrong data into a controller on the car and 'hey presto' the car wont start or a systems shuts down with no hope of recovery without replacement.

I hope that enlightens some of you

ps LR couldnt afford me to sort out their problems Wink

Post #156732nd Sep 2005 5:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

They won't be able to afford me soon, if a fix is not imminet. Just been working out the cost just to travel to a fro to the dealers to get the car 'fixed' and that was without adding my wasted days, which run into about 6 days now.

Post #156742nd Sep 2005 5:55 pm
LRtuning

Can anyone give me a location and time for meeting at Rockingham on Sunday 18th?

Shocked

Post #1663311th Sep 2005 8:06 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

turbochip wrote:
Can anyone give me a location and time for meeting at Rockingham on Sunday 18th?

Shocked

Turbochip, see this this thread

Si
 The End  
Post #1663511th Sep 2005 8:15 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

N 52deg 50.900
W 00deg 43.608

LE16 8TH

Post #1663711th Sep 2005 8:45 pm
TC

United Kingdom 

I have made enquires with Turbochip here up 'norf' and am still (as by the sounds of it most people are) on the fence and more than a tad concerned about the waranty on such a new car - price quoted was £570 all in for 250bhp conversion - felt that this was a little steep though. Question
I actually asked the question of my local dealer service department (spoke with the service manager) he obviously said that the offical line was that no, LR do not sanction any unoffical 'maintenance' of the ECU. He then however went onto say that his personal TD5 was chipped and all of his previous car's were chipped, he recomended the 'plug and play' option as you can physicaly remove this prior to servicing - recomeneded a company called Dantech (haven't been able to track them down but they do apparently have a website - not even sure if this is correct spelling)

He talked about engine reliability and said that this was the one area where you shouldn't have any problems with the 3, the Renault / Ford developed unit was proving to be all but bomb proof - stay within reasonable distance of the original spec and there shouldn't be an issue.......

Has anyone invested in Plug and Play or has anyone had the Turbochip work done that can relay any negative post dealer experiences???

Post #2494726th Oct 2005 1:27 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I presume he means Dastek
 The End  
Post #2495326th Oct 2005 2:12 pm
LRtuning

I think he means Ford/Peugeot development.

With regard to the price structure...we know we are not the cheapest but we do honestly believe that our TC product is the most comprehensively developed product available. Our nearest competitor will only give 36 bhp extra on a 2.7 tonne car....which simply isnt enough to see a decent perormance improvement.

As for the plug in box market......again, the performance gains are anything from 20-40 bhp and this is only achieved through common rail fuel pressure increases....it is not something I would like on my own disco3

There is no other company in th UK that can claim to supply the biggest LR dealer group in the country with it's 'in house' tuning solutions.

If our TC product did cause dealers issues then the we have heard about them by now.

Within this particular LR dealer group we have carried out well over 200 conversions on TD4,TD5, TD6 and TDV6 engines.
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last! 

Last edited by LRtuning on 26th Oct 2005 2:43 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #2495926th Oct 2005 2:30 pm
TC

United Kingdom 

Thanks - I guess it could have been, I could have miss-heard.

Post #2496226th Oct 2005 2:41 pm
TC

United Kingdom 

Are you able to say who the LR Group are that you are refering too? My car is from a very well known /established national dealer group also (Service Manager hadn't heard of Turbochip??)

Post #2497526th Oct 2005 3:03 pm
LRtuning

I'm afraid I cant say but they have 19 dealerships.........thats your starter for 10 Wink
 Money talks.Sex sells.Mud sticks.Time flys. Censored happens.People talk.Impressions last!  
Post #2497826th Oct 2005 3:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 9 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >