Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

What did you do in your Disco3 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 49 of 260 <123 ... 484950 ... 258259260>
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Took some Poms through the Kowmung Fire Trail. Made sure I had the snorkel fitted after the last time I almost drowned the intake and engine went into safe mode. Shocked

The crossing has been graded with a large dozer, I think as the rock shelf on the north side has dissapeared so no deep pool. They also repositioned the log and graded the bed so you could drive a Subaru Outback across now even with the high flow. Rolling Eyes
No problems with water but a suspenson fault came up. Message only; as suspension still worked dissapeared on switching off and on again.
Very muddy put a split in one of the mud flaps in deep mud hole, it's fixable though.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #25786510th Feb 2008 11:57 pm
Big Fish

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Sat in the D3 drivers seat today for the first time in two months and pretended to do an emergency stop, again and again..... Foot is now out of plaster, but have to prove to the hospital tomorrow morning, that I can do an emergency stop before they will let me drive again.

Hell they should realise, I have had SWMBO driving me around for the past two months, my right foot is plenty strong enough from all the emergency braking I have been doing on her behalf!!!!!!

Here's hopping, ney -hoping that I don't have to ride passenger in my own car again!!

Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down

Big Fish
 It's silver, enough said!

Live life by one rule - He who dies with the most toys - Wins!! 

Post #25787611th Feb 2008 12:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hollywood LR3

United States 2006 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

Drove my Disco 3 From Los Angeles Ca to Jamesport NY ..... 3000 + miles towing a trailer about 2k lbs non stop except for gas ..... drove on black ice snow mud and rain it was flawless except for wrapped rotors Mr. Green

Cheers J.T.
 2006 SE V6 / 2002 MB G-500  
Post #25789111th Feb 2008 6:12 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Big Fish wrote:
but have to prove to the hospital tomorrow morning, that I can do an emergency stop before they will let me drive again.
Seeing as you only need one finger to pull the EPB that shouldn't be an issue Wink The End  
Post #25790611th Feb 2008 9:53 am
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Took mine back to the sealers today and showed the service manager what a mess one of his monkeys has made of my door trim.

Back next Tuesday to have it changed

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #25824111th Feb 2008 10:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Hollywood LR3 wrote:
Drove my Disco 3 From Los Angeles Ca to Jamesport NY ..... 3000 + miles towing a trailer about 2k lbs non stop except for gas ..... drove on black ice snow mud and rain it was flawless except for wrapped rotors Mr. Green

Cheers J.T.

Shew that's a haul! Glad you made it safe & sound J.T. Hope you stopped for the toilet too Wink
 I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #25824811th Feb 2008 10:48 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Big Fish wrote:
Foot is now out of plaster, but have to prove to the hospital that I can do an emergency stop before they will let me drive again.

So how did it go? The suspenders is killing me!
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #25826711th Feb 2008 11:03 pm
Hollywood LR3

United States 2006 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Stornoway GreyLR3

sideview wrote:
Hollywood LR3 wrote:

Cheers J.T.

Shew that's a haul! Glad you made it safe & sound J.T. Hope you stopped for the toilet too Wink

Made a few pit stops Whistle Just a bit stumped on how land rover wants me to foot the bill for the rotors Crying or Very sad
 2006 SE V6 / 2002 MB G-500  
Post #25829312th Feb 2008 12:27 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Yesterday I spent the day playing at the Rockingham LRE centre. Following CraigS, he was doing his level 2 in a 110.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #25891913th Feb 2008 12:24 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Today I have mostly been practising my left foot braking launches at busy roundabouts. Much more satisfying and feels like a faster move off the line than sand mode Thumbs Up
My heartfelt thanks to the Audi TT driver for the look on his face when he found that actually he didn't have the option of turning left round the front of me from the right hand lane next to me when that gap in the traffic finally appeared Rolling with laughter

It took the avg MPG down from 28 to 24.5 though Sad
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #26009216th Feb 2008 12:13 am
Skippy Blue

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I did a 'detour' through the Yorkshire Dales [I was travelling from Darlington to Reading !] and drove Kidstones Fell byway from Wensleydale to Wharfedale - tried Rock Crawl in anger for the first time on the final steep descent. Wow - this is real clever control, just awesome compared to the clunks and crashes over the boulders I used to get in my Defender - and then back to high range for a fast 200 mile jog down the M1.

Post #26107818th Feb 2008 10:00 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Spent the day driving through the back roads of Pembrokeshire in the most glorious sunshine 8) The lanes are deserted this time of the year....the experience has reinvigorated my love of the D3 as a driving machine Bow down Bow down Big Cry
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #26109118th Feb 2008 10:18 pm
innominate

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Nice one, Skippy Thumbs Up That looks like a glorious route, and it looks like it has just escaped being subjected to a TRO: http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/access17j...outes.pdf. The Yorkshire Dales Green Lanes Advisory Group has recommended that the National Park Authority:

(a) Continue to monitor the route
(b) carry out minor repairs at the Kidstones end
(c) continue to carry out regular maintenance along its length
(d) In addition suggest signage to inform users about possible presence of motor vehicles, and to tell motor vehicle users that leaving the track could result in restrictions.

Post #26109318th Feb 2008 10:21 pm
Maverick

Scotland 

Went up to the Culloden battle field today, anyway the car performed brilliantly accelerating past slow traffic (everything else Thumbs Up )

They've completely re-done the place and is worth a look! My dad mangaed to pi$$ them off a bit! They have a 'revised' edition of the guide book and he, being english, asked them if they had changed the outcome! Rolling with laughter

Spotted around 5 D3's, but NO STICKERS, WAVES OR FLASHES!!

Tomorrow is going to be good, going to Lossiemouth to watch the planes (yes, we are that sad!!)!
 Ben

1996 Defender 90 300 TDi 

Post #26109618th Feb 2008 10:23 pm
SN

Yesterday drove down to Fords of Winsford (via some nice Cheshire windy roads) to price up 1 year old Fezza's and similar sized motors for SWMBO

Had a quiet chuckle to myself as we walked past the only D3 in the lot - a 55 Reg Base 7 Seater for £18K - there was a family of four giving it a close inspection - rather the blokey was - he was like a dog with 2 d***s crawling over it (Permagrin had set in just with him just sitting in it Laughing ) - whereas Mrs Dog-with-2-D***s was looking less than impressed hoding onto a pushchair. Mr DW2D's was having none of it though as he was lifting junior into the back seat "to see how great daddy's new car would be" - at this point SWMBO tutted and told me to move on, just as I was about to intervene and tell this guy JUST HOW GOOD his potential purchase would be Whistle
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #26112718th Feb 2008 10:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 49 of 260 <123 ... 484950 ... 258259260>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >