Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

What did you do in your Disco3 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 259 <123 456 ... 257258259>
BrianX

Location: Bolton UK - it may be 'grim up north' but at least you get gravy on yer' chips.

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Mossy wrote:
BrianX wrote:
So you now have a freelander for three days? You lucky chap!!!

Interestingly (well, it's a slow afternoon), does it annoy you that you have to hang around for half an hour, whilst they ring your insurance company, pass the phone back and forth so you can confirm its you - so they can add the Freelander to your insurance?

Also, my insurance company informed me today that they only allow five courtesy cars during a policy's' duration (I'm guessing this means 12 months) and that they would not be able to insure any more courtesy cars for me, for free under my existing policy. Next time it willcost me.

Do you reckon LRCS or the Dealership will pick up the tab?

I was told to phone the day before to get details of the courtesy shed, so it saved me the time there. Don't know about any limit on my insurers, only had the replacement once, but if it came to the point where they wanted to charge me, I would throw the ball in LRs court. I'd probably spit my dummy out and quote 'sale of goods act' to LR and 'goods not suitable for the purpose they were supplied' - why should I incur further cost etc. (maybe a long shot). I'm sure they can do something, after all, who insures the vehicles which are taken out on test drives?
 '
'
'05 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'06 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'08 Freelander 2 - gone
'98 P38 V8/LPG - gone
'02 L322 V8 - gone
'02 Freelander 1 - gone
'05 Disco 3 TDV6 - SWMBO
'06 L322 V8 - current

Post #4324220th Feb 2006 5:23 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

BrianX wrote:
Mossy wrote:
BrianX wrote:
So you now have a freelander for three days? You lucky chap!!!

Interestingly (well, it's a slow afternoon), does it annoy you that you have to hang around for half an hour, whilst they ring your insurance company, pass the phone back and forth so you can confirm its you - so they can add the Freelander to your insurance?

Also, my insurance company informed me today that they only allow five courtesy cars during a policy's' duration (I'm guessing this means 12 months) and that they would not be able to insure any more courtesy cars for me, for free under my existing policy. Next time it willcost me.

Do you reckon LRCS or the Dealership will pick up the tab?

I was told to phone the day before to get details of the courtesy shed, so it saved me the time there. Don't know about any limit on my insurers, only had the replacement once, but if it came to the point where they wanted to charge me, I would throw the ball in LRs court. I'd probably spit my dummy out and quote 'sale of goods act' to LR and 'goods not suitable for the purpose they were supplied' - why should I incur further cost etc. (maybe a long shot). I'm sure they can do something, after all, who insures the vehicles which are taken out on test drives?

Oh and another thing that gets me goat.. why is the little amber fuel light always on when you pick the car up? "Here's your courtesy car sir, and the local garage is just over there - I'd recommend this garage as I doubt if you'll get to another before you're empty."

Car today has the previous owners' lunch smeared over the passenger seat too.... nice!
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4324320th Feb 2006 5:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BrianX

Location: Bolton UK - it may be 'grim up north' but at least you get gravy on yer' chips.

you're not a happy bunny are you? The one they gave me was mingin' too. When yo take it back, get yourself a free coffee, spill sugar everywhere, and put a handfull of unused milk cartons straigt into the bin - it will make you feel much better.
 '
'
'05 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'06 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'08 Freelander 2 - gone
'98 P38 V8/LPG - gone
'02 L322 V8 - gone
'02 Freelander 1 - gone
'05 Disco 3 TDV6 - SWMBO
'06 L322 V8 - current

Post #4325120th Feb 2006 5:57 pm
Mossy

BrianX wrote:
you're not a happy bunny are you?

Sorry all... is it that obvious? Embarassed

Think I've just about had my fill of LRCS and 'a' LR Dealership recently and losing the D3 today... well ..... I'm sure I'll be fine with a G & T inside me...

I know, I'll take it out on the Freelander... any suggestions?
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4325620th Feb 2006 6:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BrianX

See if the Freelander can do the Rhuallt hill (A55) over 70mph in first gear!
 '
'
'05 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'06 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'08 Freelander 2 - gone
'98 P38 V8/LPG - gone
'02 L322 V8 - gone
'02 Freelander 1 - gone
'05 Disco 3 TDV6 - SWMBO
'06 L322 V8 - current

Post #4325820th Feb 2006 6:18 pm
Mossy

BrianX wrote:
See if the Freelander can do the Rhuallt hill (A55) over 70mph in first gear!

I like's yer thinkin' hmmmm watch this space or tune in to Granada News for my arrest! Wink
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4325920th Feb 2006 6:22 pm
BrianX

......and a police spokesman said today that 'if Mossy thought he could do that hill at more than 70mph in ANY gear, he must be taking some very dodgy drugs. We have since impounded the Freelander, and will be using it to grow tomatoes in. If it came from the dealer we think it did, then it's probably already got mushrooms growing inside'.
 '
'
'05 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'06 Disco3 TDV6 - gone
'08 Freelander 2 - gone
'98 P38 V8/LPG - gone
'02 L322 V8 - gone
'02 Freelander 1 - gone
'05 Disco 3 TDV6 - SWMBO
'06 L322 V8 - current

Post #4326220th Feb 2006 6:28 pm
Mossy

BrianX wrote:
......and a police spokesman said today that 'if Mossy thought he could do that hill at more than 70mph in ANY gear, he must be taking some very dodgy drugs. We have since impounded the Freelander, and will be using it to grow tomatoes in. If it came from the dealer we think it did, then it's probably already got mushrooms growing inside'.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4326420th Feb 2006 6:31 pm
Mossy

And the good news is the dealer has been on to say that they need the car for yet another day. Apparently "the sat nav works but gives the wrong directions"... if anyone can explain this as working feel free.

So what will I be doing in mine....? going nowhere!!!
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4366422nd Feb 2006 5:11 pm
stevo68

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Well today me and the D3 went to work so I could pay for it Very Happy . Then I had to drive to Brisbane to pick up my children from the ex. On the way back we opened the sunroof, windows down and had the Darkness blaring out of all 13 speakers. When we arrived home, put the D3 into low range, raised to offroad and had a play in the front paddock 8) before putting the beastie to bed in the garage. Tomorrow off to the tip to get rid of the rubbish.

Regards

Stevo
 2005 D3 HSE V8, General Tire AT2 255/55/R18, Kaymar Rear Bar and Wheel Carrier
Off Road: http://server1.pictiger.com/albums/563/ormeau-hills/ 

Post #4413724th Feb 2006 11:33 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Nothing! My partner's got it Big Cry She's supposed to be going to cellect two, 8 man tents she left in a field last weekend. She's a scout leader and last weekend attended an event aptly called 'Camp Frostie' near Durham. Spent the weekend with about 700 scouts and leaders in tent in temperatures down to -4. You won't catch me in tent in February!
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #4415624th Feb 2006 1:20 pm
Mossy

Taking mine back to the dealer this afternoon. Just had a call from them and apparently they were not expecting me to pick the car up yesterday, after four days in replacing the Infotainment unit , so they forgot to put a bolt in the seat-belt fixing. Shocked

Still having problems with the screen dimming I discovered this morning too and the driving lamps dont work because they forgot to 'activate them' when they did a software download.

Have a new little 'i' icon on my dashboard that wasnt there before. Anybody else got this Question
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4415924th Feb 2006 1:30 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Mossy wrote:
Have a new little 'i' icon on my dashboard that wasnt there before. Anybody else got this Question

Sounds like they've applied WDS13 Patch 1 Rolling Eyes

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3030
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #4416024th Feb 2006 1:33 pm
Mossy

Mossy wrote:
Taking mine back to the dealer this afternoon. Just had a call from them and apparently they were not expecting me to pick the car up yesterday, after four days in replacing the Infotainment unit , so they forgot to put a bolt in the seat-belt fixing. Shocked

Cheers Martin, on reflectionn I s'pose I should have asked of the above...
Anbody else had this?" Thud

If I brake sharpish on my way to the dealer expect to see pictures of me emerging from the front windscreen posted later... Might understand how a fly feels now... Laughing
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4416624th Feb 2006 2:21 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Change yer dealer if they are this bad...

Post #4416724th Feb 2006 2:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 259 <123 456 ... 257258259>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >