Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

What did you do in your Disco3 today?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 21 of 260 <123 ... 202122 ... 258259260>
catweasel

went for a spin up to the Flinders on Arkaba H.S. with the 4x4 club. some nice views, nothing too strenuous (for the D3 at least) not a bad day in all.

couple more here

Post #1454453rd Apr 2007 4:16 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Nice way to spend a Tuesday! Admit it Catweasel, you're just trying to get more entries into the 2008 calendar Smile
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #1454473rd Apr 2007 4:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sideview

United States 2005 LR3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Not today but last weekend I went on two trail runs Thumbs Up

Saturday was the Ladies Drive with the Florida Land Rovers Club near Orlando. It was a lot of fun. The ladies really enjoyed tearing up there hubby's rigs!

I didn't do anything too extreme myself - a couple mud pits were way too torturous for my taste & lots of trucks got broken & damaged in them. Of course mine was the only Disco 3 there as usual Rolling Eyes More pics in my gallery courtesy of Jackie from the FLRC.

Sunday I went with a Disco 2, and 2 Jeeps to Corbett swamp near Miami. This one turned out to be quite the adventure!

Shorty after we started out a preservation officer comes along and informs us we are in an unauthorized section Shocked Search our vehicles, took our beer Big Cry , and ran our licenses. The kind Disco 2 driver took the heat for all of us & got a ticket, the rest of us got off with a warning.

So we go on our way to the authorized trails & run into some stranded rednecks with a stuck Ford truck. They should know not to go out alone Rolling Eyes We winched them out after winching out the D2 trying to show off Laughing

Things were going good having a blast then trucks started having problems left & right.

Casualties were three trucks - all but mine. Two had to be trailered home. The D2's transmission went out completely. My Disco 3 had to tow its older brother home a few miles through Gumbo mud and sugar sand, and only got stuck twice (pulling a 6500 pound load)!

One of the Jeeps lost his entire front end. Both upper radius arms sheared completely, lost the panhard, a tie rod, front diff cover, and the front yoke off the pinion of the front diff. He still got out under his own power thank goodness.

The other Jeep which was the main mud depth research vehicle lost his Yellow top Optima from overheating from all of the winch pulls. Also the engine bay heat did not help, since he runs a Corvette 327 small block. Luckily it survived with cool off periods.

One point on the trail the lead Jeep got stuck while I was towing the D2 and no room to turn around. Since I don't have a winch (Yes Bodsy I want one now Laughing) to get him out we formed a train hooking the front Jeep to me & back Jeep to the D2. That woulda made for a great video LOL!

Fantastic day!! More pics in my gallery & more to come - someone took a sweet pic of me pulling the D2 with mud flinging everywhere I'm anxious to get. Thumbs Up
 I'm not so good at giving advice...may I offer you a sarcastic comment instead?

Haiti Earthquake Relief: Donate Your Frequent Flier Miles 

Post #1454763rd Apr 2007 6:39 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Bow down Bow down Bow down Thumbs Up
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #1454923rd Apr 2007 7:36 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

CW .....SV.......I'm not jealous Rolling Eyes

Much Big Cry
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #1454953rd Apr 2007 7:49 pm
SN

Well I became an official member of the Ten Wheel Club tonight - I picked up the Cooper ST's from GLYNNE's dad's house. I've had the D3 through some lavvvvly parts of ol' Landun Town today ... Southall, Ealing, Shepperds Bush, Notting Hill this morning, followed by Peckham, Deptford, Lewisham and New Cross tonight - doors ALL locked ALL of the way through Thumbs Up
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #1455523rd Apr 2007 10:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

SideView, that's an awesome trip through Miami, just wish I'd have been there a few weeks later than I was. Looks like you had a great trip out & how come it's never you that gets stuck...? Skill of driving or just not quite mad enough to get the truck trashed (or perhaps even both) 8)

Still, looks like a real excuse to get a winch now then Smile Just think, only a couple more websites to sort out & you'll be bonused up for a little spending spree Laughing

Steve, Brave brave man! Bet you didn't stop once Smile
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #1455593rd Apr 2007 10:55 pm
sideview

Pure skillz Bods pure skillz Whistle Wink
Woulda been great if you had been there! Maybe next time I can round up the troops & take ya out there.

I take it that's a list of destinations not to vacation then SN?

Post #1455734th Apr 2007 12:26 am
SN

sideview wrote:
I take it that's a list of destinations not to vacation then SN?

Errr... you're EXACTLY right SV! Rolling with laughter

Though I'm sure DiscoFlo lives not too far from some of them.... Whistle
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #1455954th Apr 2007 9:19 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Monday, drove out through some trails near Shaftesbury (private land). Loads of wet, deep clay. Didn't have to rescue the 110 I was with, unlike last week Shocked This morning I got to the end of my road and instead of turning right and following the tarmac I turned left and headed out through a 70m ford followed by a couple of miles of forest trail.... and I got to work 10 minutes earlier than if I went by road! Mr. Green and that means I get to go home 10 minutes earlier too Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Guess which way I'll be going to work from now on 8)
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #1456024th Apr 2007 9:35 am
dflo

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Steve, You're right - almost... bit further out (glad to say!) Wink

(but keep all the doors locked anyway - Whistle )
 "Funny, mine doesn't do that......."  
Post #1456054th Apr 2007 9:51 am
Dave

United Kingdom 
Changed a wheel

I changed my third wheel in three weeks today due to punctures Evil or Very Mad This was a bad boy to change. Did the normal to change wheel but I could not get new one on due to the old tyre being really really flat and bedded in to rough ground. I had to deploy a trolley jack under the suspension arm to bring the hub far enough up Evil or Very Mad Much cursing.

So I must need off road tyres for my rough driveway Shocked , my fiesta hasn't had any punctures but the tyres only carry the equivelant of a bag of sugar each, 2.7 tonnes D3 on soft scorpions and rough gravel is taking its toll.

Right I need to find the swarfega
 Captain Nick Medhurst would ask:
"What is the first rule when overlanding?"

I would Reply:
"Duratrac" 

Post #1460956th Apr 2007 12:03 am
SN

Re: Changed a wheel

Dave wrote:
So I must need off road tyres for my rough driveway Shocked
Sounds to me like a business case you can take to your long haired general... Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #1462136th Apr 2007 10:37 pm
scolliss

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Man, I had an epic and my heart has still not slowed.

Managed to lock myself out of my car in an underground car park with the engine still running and my phone was obviously still in the car. This is easy to do I discovered and have posted the "how" on tips and tricks as a warning to others.

The gods were on my side, or should it be devil as I was underground. I was in the underground car park to my appartment so I was lucky in many ways;

1. found an English speaking neighbour and explained Embarassed
2. they called the landlord who has a spare appartment key but was out visiting friends
3. she fortunately laughed and came home - got my appartment key Confused
4. got spare car key from appartment to unlock car
5. discovered remote key will not work with another key in the ignition (with or without engine running) Shocked
6. Panic started to come into the equation
7. removed access cover to manually unlock car
8. would not work - panic nearing overdrive Big Cry
9. considered breaking rear quarter light to reach in and open rear door from inside (not deadlocked as engine running)
10. final attempt at manually unlocking - worked (have to hold the key in the unlock position for a second or two)
11) now drinking wine from the bottle Thumbs Up
 Life is what you make it.  
Post #15074321st Apr 2007 8:40 pm
sideview

Sideview does Texas

Just got back from a wheelin trip this past week - this time Barnwell Mountain in Texas! It was a Land Rover rally camping trip with I believe 83 Rovers in attendance. What a blast yeeehaww! Thumbs Up

I signed on as a beginner but the big boys let me roll with them woohoo & got to do some level 3 & 4 trails (5 being the highest). They were great and guided me well! Came across one trail I chickened out on...maybe next year hehe.

I did get a little carnage Big Cry, broke the trim off the rear passenger side and a little ding & scrape on the passenger door opp, oh well guess it's been christened a real offroad motor now.

More picies in my gallery courtesy of Dan from Virginia 4x4.

Last edited by sideview on 25th Apr 2007 8:00 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #15185825th Apr 2007 7:39 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 21 of 260 <123 ... 202122 ... 258259260>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >