Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Uk, Europe, Scotland -ménage à trois
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Uk, Europe, Scotland -ménage à trois

Here we all are in the Post referendum pre article 50 Brexit phase...some say like a phoney war.....just like before the vote no one actually know the outcomes....lots of speculation
lots of the ReMOANers rhetoric about impending doom & gloom is being vaporised by the Brexit bubble of things being OK.

The fear campaign quite clearly didn't work.

As predicted our fishy friend in ScottishLand Ms Sturgeon is using another tactic to get another independence referendum - on the grounds that the rest of the UK has altered....two million SNP voters will be questioned in some sort of poll
Absolutely right Nicola...things have altered - the crude oil prices plummeted to the level that if the ScottishLand referendum had been McIndependance they i.e. YOU would now be in dire straights & the sales of Whisky, whatever else is made, produced or gown there wouldn't have funded your independent state.
Plus with the rest of Europe in a state of flux they want to get in when lots of others see what the UK have done & want "out".

The recent events in Ireland with Apple & Europe making a ruling about tax or the lack of it, are to me the signs of cracks that will sever Ireland away from Europe.....all that has been achieved in Ireland in the 70's - 80's - the Celtic Tiger as regards Industry with the IDA, low cost factory start ups, grants, incentives, availability of a very capable workforce may be seen by the EU as something that they have missed out on. Ireland is one country that has transformed itself by smart use of European money, the smart people there & the fact that being English speaking makes it easier to do business.

Events in France with factions wanting to move the immigration to the UK as opposed to being in & around Calais are also the signs that France arent happy either as if the immigration drawbridge goes up up in the UK they are saddled with immigrants.

Interesting times ahead ....
before the referendum Reamainer's & Brexiter's
post Brexit - Brexiteers or ReMOANners..there isn't anything in-between

Just imagine how complex things may or must be in ScottishLand
....those with independent tendencies who could be a Brexiteer or ReMOANer
....those who want to be part of the UK who again could be a Brexiteer or ReMOANer

& we have a "rebooted" Conservative government unraveling the decisions made by Dodgy Dave & George...by rebooted I mean the crap have been booted out.
Hinckley Point to name but one...the affair with PRC could be over. Well done Teresa.
The NHS is the battleground that will determine if Teresa has her own mind or is being led or told what it to be....she must remember Junior Doctors arent the same as train staff. The stakes are far higher.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #16998063rd Sep 2016 9:34 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Quote:
As predicted our fishy friend in ScottishLand Ms Sturgeon is using another tactic to get another independence referendum - on the grounds that the rest of the UK has altered....two million SNP voters will be questioned in some sort of poll
Absolutely right Nicola...things have altered - the crude oil prices plummeted to the level that if the ScottishLand referendum had been McIndependance they i.e. YOU would now be in dire straights & the sales of Whisky, whatever else is made, produced or gown there wouldn't have funded your independent state.
Plus with the rest of Europe in a state of flux they want to get in when lots of others see what the UK have done & want "out".

It was expected, and I also expect there was a lot of tactical voting going on, to make sure Scotland had a clear Remain majority to trigger Indyref2

It is all voters in Scotland being encouraged to sign up, and make their voice heard, not just those who voted SNP

Scotland relies so much on oil, that despite the price crash, our GDP shrank by 0.2% Wink

The sales of whisky are not included in our "income" figures, as they are exported from English ports
And let's not forget one large National companies who have HQ's in Englandshire. Also not part of our "income"

As for the EU in/out, I still can't make up my mind what option was the best from an economic POV, but I'm happy with the decision I made, and would likely vote the same way again

Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #16998603rd Sep 2016 11:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
J77

Scotland 

Indyref 2 just another waste of time and money, Scotland voted, wrongly IMO, but the decision was made to remain part of the UK, so we should accept the in/out result. Those that feel angered by it obviously ticked the wrong box the last time.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #16998683rd Sep 2016 11:33 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

We were told that the only way to remain in the EU was to vote Remain. Look how that turned out
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #16998743rd Sep 2016 11:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ST53VEN

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I was all for scottish independence and always voted for SNP. Simply for the fact i did not want our country to follow the sheep in the EU. Independence wasn't to be. Oh well never mind. It was never about being away from the rest of the UK for me just the EU. Brexit came and i voted to leave. Very happy with the outcome and glad the UK can now be independent. However i feel the need for another Scottish independence referendum is a load of Censored and Sturgeon can get stuffed! How retarded is she! We have what we needed now so why go back! I don't want to be part of the EU and i dont want a country full of immigrants! I wont be voting for the SNP again.
Im proud to be Scottish and now i'm proud to be British. An independent Great Britain together really is a great country to me.

Post #16998803rd Sep 2016 11:47 am
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

Hypothetically

If an Independent Scotland hadnt participated in the Brexit referendum - as they shouldn't have been allowed to if they had voted for independence.
It would have made the rest of the UK results even more so Brexit

...without wanting to re kindle the very long thread that led up to the Independence referendum - which I probably have done. The vote for Scottish Independence (then & if it has to be done again) ought to be the WHOLE of the UK voting..the change for the UK is for the whole of the UK to decide - not just those who are wanting to jump ship.

The point I make is that Ms Sturgeon wants to use the results in the way she & she alone interprets them...to suit her & her case,(independence, independence & yes independence again) it a lot selfish as the change affects all the UK & to me undemocratic

I believe Ms Sturgeon is a one trick pony.....take the independence factor away she won't exist.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.

Post #16998963rd Sep 2016 12:16 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 
Re: Uk, Europe, Scotland -ménage à trois

BLFarrar wrote:

lots of the ReMOANers rhetoric about impending doom & gloom is being vaporised by the Brexit bubble of things being OK.

The flip side ...where is all the money BJ promised to the NHS ...£350m a week please ...wheres the £3bn since brexit ??? Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #16999013rd Sep 2016 12:24 pm
BLFarrar

DG.....Same place as all

Same place as the things in the the fear tactics that Dodgy Dave, Osbourne, Major, Blair etc used (not to good effect though)
 BREXIT - done properly.

Post #16999063rd Sep 2016 12:30 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Nicola is making a wild assumption that all those who voted to remain in the EU would vote for Independence, it just not so.

She is also making an assumption that those who voted remain in The EU see it as a game changer.

Finally, and I have some sympathy for her here, she probably thinks that if she doesn't force another referendum now, then the chance will be lost for another 50-100 years, but she knew that when they held the last referendum.

All in all, it's revisiting something in the hope you'll eventually get a mandate for Independence.

I voted for an independent Scotland last time. It would have suited me if they cut us adrift from the rest of the U.K. BUT I accept the majority vote and that's that.

Post #16999183rd Sep 2016 12:58 pm
Skynet

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

BLF using your second point as a reference, surely that reasoning would have allowed the whole of the EU to vote on BREXIT as it will affect them too.
 Dave
D3 2006 HSE, Cairns Blue - gone
D4 2016 SE, White

Wessex 4x4 Response
http://www.wessex4x4response.org.uk/ 

Post #16999223rd Sep 2016 1:05 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

No, sorry but that plain daft. If the UK had voted out and the rest of the EU had voted for it to remain, can you imagine what Hell would have broken out? Then it would have certainly been the UK ruled by the EU. Again, it's just another way people have dreamt up of manipulating the result.

Post #16999243rd Sep 2016 1:09 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 
Re: Uk, Europe, Scotland -ménage à trois

DG wrote:
The flip side ...where is all the money BJ promised to the NHS ...£350m a week please ...wheres the £3bn since brexit ??? Very Happy

Notwithstanding the *ahem* circumspect nature of those figures Rolling Eyes , we haven't left yet, so we are still paying into the EU, and will be for some time to come. Wink
 An ex-Disco3 / FFRR owner ......

..... now on the JLR electric highway. 

Post #16999253rd Sep 2016 1:10 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Exactly Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

We haven't left yet ...so doom and gloom was never going to be now
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #16999373rd Sep 2016 1:24 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

Good hook DG. Thumbs Up Laughing
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #16999453rd Sep 2016 1:40 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 

And how do you know doom and gloom is on its way? Victor Meldrew Ner Ner
 An ex-Disco3 / FFRR owner ......

..... now on the JLR electric highway. 

Post #17000093rd Sep 2016 3:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >