DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Uk, Europe, Scotland -ménage à trois
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I didn't say it was ...I said it was never going to be now Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #17000143rd Sep 2016 3:57 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
OK - agree in principle...

Skynet wrote:
BLF using your second point as a reference, surely that reasoning would have allowed the whole of the EU to vote on BREXIT as it will affect them too.

But the break up of the UK i.e. we (or they) vote for a change in jurisdiction & emphasis is basically & most fundamentally an internal issue, not part of the EU club control.....if it were thier control effectively it would make out parliment, sovereignty & Independance redundant.

All the UK voting on the internal matter of a vital part of the United Kindom wanting to leave the union that has been in place a heck of a long time & brought about by historical events that are the very core of our (UK citizens) history & heritage.....people died for that so it's important....very important.

The whole of the U.K. Voting is to me the right & proper way - democratic.
It would appear that all Scotland would vote for "Independance" (but actually didn't) & England, Wales & Northern Ireand would vote for them "to remain"....(probably not)
The actuality may just be "Independance" as the rank & file voter that chose "Brexit" may just cut Scotland free to decide its own destiny - oil revenues or no oil revenues.

Sky net - your point stated & views expressed very much appreciated.
Thanks
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #17001883rd Sep 2016 8:58 pm
JMC

Scotland 

I thought about starting the engine here and getting all rev'd up, but I simply don't have the time or the inclination to go through all that again.

BLF - whether or not you think that the views of a vast number of people (who have probably never even been to Scotland) should have a say in a nations soverignty is neither here nor there. It ain't going to happen.

If Yorkshire wanted to be independent, I wouldn't expect my views to be heard and I wouldn't give a stuff.

Your country may be a transient, convenient, political contsruct, but it isn't mine. By the same token, the Daily Mail may be your bible, but it isn't mine either.

You can believe all you want when it comes to the ability (or otherwise) of Scotland to flourish on its own two feet, but your reference points are completely skewed. There is no utter reliance on oil and there isn't a £15Bn black hole. Such tales eminate from a unionist media and they are swallowed whole by people who do not question what they see, because it serves their purpose.

You actually want Ms Sturgeon to be a one trick pony because she frightens you. I am only left wondering why you should be so worried about an apparent basket case of a nation filled with scroungers and unable to feed themselves, getting a whiff of leaving your glorious kingdom? Confused
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #17002573rd Sep 2016 11:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

2 years ago, I would have said you were away with the fairies John. And I probably did Laughing

Now, I agree with every word Bow down
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #17002674th Sep 2016 12:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

300 years down the track the Scottish have no more right to a referendum to leave the UK then any other 5 million people region - for crying out loud, you had your chance, get over it.
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #17002784th Sep 2016 12:44 am
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

jesus thought this was a family show

Post #17002834th Sep 2016 1:39 am
JMC

Scotland 

Disco_Mikey wrote:
2 years ago, I would have said you were away with the fairies John. And I probably did Laughing

Now, I agree with every word Bow down

You didn't go quite as far as that in 2014, but I'm glad to see that you've come through a wiser man. Wink
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #17002974th Sep 2016 6:44 am
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Why don't you invite your friend Trump over again... He keeps on wanting to build a huge wall across the south of the country....I just didn't realise it was Scotland he was talking about! Shocked

Post #17003094th Sep 2016 8:18 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

I don't see a problem with that, as long as Mexico is paying for it. Whistle Whistle

Post #17003174th Sep 2016 8:50 am
comedyharvey

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

BLF might have a point. Those wanting Independence should argue for a nationwide referendum, they might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.

Wouldn't take much of a Daily Mail campaign, pointing out that the Scots raise less revenue per head yet get considerably more spent per head, to encourage a good swathe down here to say goodbye. A lot of people are sick and tired of the constant whinging after the original vote was lost.

Of course, there is the possibility that the Scots voted again for the Union and were voted out by the rest.

How would that go down.
 Arthur.
Comedy was a horse, Harvey a dog, both sadly gone. Thought I was choosing a password!

Currently;
Discovery 3 HSE 2009
101" Fwd. Control 1976
Nuffield 10/90 Tractor (10/60 with 6 cylinder conversion) 1964

Previously;
Series III Lightweight. 1976. 

Post #17003654th Sep 2016 10:18 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

^^^^
The SNP would start banging on about Scotland being forced out of the UK against it's will... Laughing

The UK has voted to leave. It just so happens that the Scotland is part of the UK and a part that favoured remaining. If Scotland wants to leave the UK - either to join the EU or not - it's their business, but the UK has voted to leave the EU and at the moment Scotland is part of the UK and was part of the vote to leave.

38% of Scots also voted to leave, which was even a slightly higher percentage than expected, and turnout was lower in Scotland, despite the fact Scotland usually has a significanly higher turnout than the rest of the UK; none of this suggests to me that they were quite as desperate to stay as Nicola Sturgeon would have us believe.

As The Dundonian says, the idea that everyone wanting independence wants to be part of the EU is flawed - indeed a Yougov poll indicated that most wanting an independent Scotland would not want to join the EU.
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #17003794th Sep 2016 10:40 am
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I would welcome a UK wide referendum about Scotland. Then we would get the absolute truth about why we are "Better Together"

Westminster were desperate to keep Scotland in the union, they would have to come clean about Scotland finances to convince Englandshire we are needed, otherwise... Whistle
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #17003804th Sep 2016 10:40 am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

In the north there’s a fish with a serious wish
To break out and be queen of the sea,
And she tells all the others we’re sisters and brothers
Who ought to get wise and be free.

In her lust for control she looks out for a hole
In the barriers keeping her in.
With the power of her mouth she discredits the south
As she waves a contemptuous fin.

But little she knows of the icebergs and snows
That exist in the oceans outside,
For her hunger to rule turns a fish to a fool
As she waits for a welcoming tide.

If there does come a day when she gets her own way
Like the people who hunted the snark,
You can bet the poor sole will be swallowed up whole
When she’s first introduced to a shark.

Frank McDonald
 Current: Discovery 3 06MY (55 reg) HSE Auto Zambezi Silver Zambezi Silver Allisport Fast Road Intercooler, V8 Brakes, Silicone IC Hoses, EGRs Blanked, Remapped, De-Cat pipe, FBHIC
Freelander 2 2007 HSE Manual Tambora Flame
Previous: FL2 56 reg SE Manual Black (written off Sad )
Disco 3 06 reg B7S Manual Rimini Red Rimini Red
Disco 2 TD5 Y reg ES Manual Blue - Chipped Very Happy
Several Discovery 300 TDis

Post #17004084th Sep 2016 11:30 am
comedyharvey

Disco_Mikey wrote:

Westminster were desperate to keep Scotland in the union, they would have to come clean about Scotland finances to convince Englandshire we are needed, otherwise... Whistle

Yeah, right Rolling with laughter
 Arthur.
Comedy was a horse, Harvey a dog, both sadly gone. Thought I was choosing a password!

Currently;
Discovery 3 HSE 2009
101" Fwd. Control 1976

Previously;

Post #17004304th Sep 2016 12:07 pm
comedyharvey

Lost for Words wrote:

The SNP would start banging on about Scotland being forced out of the UK against it's will... Laughing

Oh for sure Laughing

Sturgeon would probably demand a referendum to get back in Rolling Eyes
 Arthur.

Currently;
Discovery 3 HSE 2009
101" Fwd. Control 1976

Previously;

Post #17004424th Sep 2016 12:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >