Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

IMPORTANT recall info on P017 recall
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Fitzy73

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Well at least they got something right, although they were very good the last time mine was serviced there.
 Andy

Post #164471123rd Apr 2016 8:45 am
monty1

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well got the recall sorted and all seems well, only issue is how I got my car key returned to me

So the key exploded when they went to do the car, their description not mine, they put it back together but it doesn't lock in or out, it won't Spring out and it's tie wrapped together, their advice was to ask
the garage I bought the car from to replace it or claim on my warranty or they will sell me one, anyway landrover emailed asking how my experience with them went, so I'm waiting on their reply

Post #164571425th Apr 2016 8:04 am
overmuchogrande

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Link to VOSA PO17 Recall, shows the affected chassis numbers

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/se...nk&tx=

Post #169336318th Aug 2016 9:45 am
Valhalla

Scotland 

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but I have found that the Landrover Customer Support desk are now refusing repairs under this recall. I have a customer with a 2006 RRS, which falls well within the VIN range requiring recall, however it has been cited for the following reasons that he is not entitled to any free repairs (except the parts as "goodwill");

> Vehicle bought in 2013, so outside dealer network
> Vehicle has already had the (earlier version) P017 applied in 2009 for the pipework
> Vehicle has not been serviced within the dealer network since it was bought (it has a full independant service history)
> As customer does not buy new Landrovers through the dealer network, so not seen as a customer loyal to the brand (he's on his 6th LR with this one)

I have spoken to the helpdesk (bit of a mystery why it's called that) and been told that this is now LR policy. I was unable to convince the helpdesk operative that this is supposed to be a Safety Recall, and that the symptoms seen on this particular RRS TDV6 are the worst I have ever encountered, of many TDV6's that come through my workshop.

Clearly the chap who owns this vehicle is not happy, as the brakes are non-existent when the vehicle faces downhill (or decelerates!) and can vary from minute to minute on the level. The servo volume is over 1/4-full of engine oil, so not difficult to diagnose, but he still had to hand-over over £100 to his nearest main dealer to be told what I had already explained to him for 0.2hours diagnostic time (£6.00+VAT).

So....if you have a good dealer that is prepared to look after you and sort out this sort of issue still, be very grateful and kind back to them!!

Post #172729231st Oct 2016 3:53 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >