Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Discomadness's MY07 D3 HSE aka the shed thread.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 21 of 43 <123 ... 202122 ... 414243>
Discomadness

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hiya mate,
You and me both I can tell you !!

Your probably right, condensation over the course of the year is bound to affect he oil. I’ll change the engine oil after the mot also. It’s only done a thousand miles but don’t like the standing time.

Well to be honest some sort of oil injector is a must ! They are a bloody pig to get oil into the rear and front diffs. Dad reckons he’s got an oil injector somewhere. Bit late now. Laughing I taped some 10mm hep I had laying around to the bottle spout and did it that way. Still need to do the front.
Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

Current : D3 2007 HSE - AKA the lemon
-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs
-club body off rebuild. TWICE. 

Post #19702792nd Aug 2018 10:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Have got one of those metal syringes and indeed easier to use

May i ask what oil will u be using plse Thumbs Up

Know when I done my brake fluid it was red so knew it was past it’s best , think I used around 3 x litres to change it all

Changing the engine filter was right fun, in trying to get past the hoses etc and screwed down properly , then realised there’s a spring inside the filter housing so have to push down slightly , also fitted a new engine sump plug , along with all new level and drain plugs for the rest

Post #19702852nd Aug 2018 10:37 pm
Discomadness

Hiya matey,

Last time I used Castrol gtx magnatec whichever one was specc’d for the disco 3 tdv6. Next change I’ll use whatever is the best one from advanced factors, they have been so helpful with queries and deliveries that they and occasionally Bearmach at a pinch will get my business from now on.

In case you meant diffs and transfer oil I used the ones advanced list off the list you sent me buddy. Ravenoil for the transfer and I think Granville’s or something for the diffs.

I didn’t get new fill and drain plugs for the transfer and diffs but to be honest i’ll Run the car a few months and change the oils again so basically given them a bit of a flush given the state of the old oil. I’ll change the plugs then.

When I did my engine oil I replaced the sump, mine was. Bit crusty and had a nasty dent in it so changed it and it came with a new plug. Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19702952nd Aug 2018 11:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gstuart

Hi

Same with me on the oils

Got the mannol for the engine with a genuine filter

Then 10 x litres of mannol ag55 for the atf change , so can drop it after a few hundred miles then refill

Then ravenol for diff and transfer case Thumbs Up

Agree ref advanced, always been very helpful

Will be interesting to see if there’s any change after changing all the oils , engine sounds quieter but that might just be me

Post #19703023rd Aug 2018 12:01 am
Discomadness

Well depending on mot and brake bleeding tomorrow if I have time I will be changing the gearbox sump pan and the mechatronic sleeve which is weeping. I’ve got all the bits and oil and then I’ll hopefully either get it flushed after hols or drop change fluid again or possibly the filo method.

Nervous about the mot. She seemed quite “smokey” earlier but I put that down to not having a proper run in a year so things like the cat are going to need a good run to get up to temp and probably ‘burn’ off whatever stuff has built up in it.
Can’t see the car failing on anything daft but you never know. If Dan (my mot guy) wants the slab of fosters that will be in the boot he’s going to have to “white stick” it. Laughing

Now where did I see tyre pressures.... Whistle
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19703053rd Aug 2018 12:16 am
gstuart

Hi mate

Tyre pressures are inside ur drivers door at the bottom

Don’t forget ref ur mot, make sure all ur doors lock and unlock and can all be opened from the outside Whistle

Washer bottle and jets are ok

All ur bulbs work , inc the number plate one

Have u looked at the live data for ur injectors , uploaded mine as a comparison for u

I’ve got both my egrs blanked but I see ur need the patch applied

Bet it drives different with all the work you’ve done, I’ve only done the front struts and rear wishbone and after the alignment was done felt like a new vehicle , drives so much nicer and noticed it the most on the dual carriageway, doesn’t have any slight wandering anymore

Wonder if chucking some cleaner in the tank may help clean them out abit for u , or as u say a good run to help clear it out

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORTE-DIESEL-TU...2979470775

Plse let us know how things go , just buy the mot guy some extra dark glasses Whistle

Post #19703143rd Aug 2018 3:16 am
gstuart

@discomadness

As a side note , wouldn’t mind these seats in the D3 Whistle

There from the new Overfinch

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-car...ery-option

Post #19703213rd Aug 2018 6:13 am
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
Hi mate

Don’t forget ref ur mot, make sure all ur doors lock and unlock and can all be opened from the outside Whistle

Have u looked at the live data for ur injectors , uploaded mine as a comparison for u

Bet it drives different with all the work you’ve done, I’ve only done the front struts and rear wishbone and after the alignment was done felt like a new vehicle , drives so much nicer and noticed it the most on the dual carriageway, doesn’t have any slight wandering anymore

Wonder if chucking some cleaner in the tank may help clean them out abit for u , or as u say a good run to help clear it out

Plse let us know how things go , just buy the mot guy some extra dark glasses Whistle

Hiya mate,

My injectors are way off at idle. I’ll post the live data when I’m with the car to explain.

I knew the pressures were there honest ! Whistle

Washer fluid I need to do as it’s empty !

Bulbs all ok.

Yes I need to get the patch and I might get a remap while I’m at it but think I need to sort the injector issue first. She’s very lumpy at idle.

I’ll get the alignment done, I’ve still got lower front arms to do so I think i’ll Wait until they are done, I’m still not happy about the steering play, I need to investigate that but have run out of time now. My hols are Monday !
I’ve still got the rear brakes to do also.
Used the forte stuff for years it’s really good stuff !
IN fact I’ve still got quite a lot to do to be honest. Lol Thumbs Up
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19703283rd Aug 2018 7:04 am
Discomadness

gstuart wrote:
@discomadness

They are very sexy ! Wonder if they come in beige ? Whistle
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19703293rd Aug 2018 7:05 am
gstuart

Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Hi mate

Hiya mate,

My injectors are way off at idle. I’ll post the live data when I’m with the car to explain.

I knew the pressures were there honest ! Whistle

Washer fluid I need to do as it’s empty !

Bulbs all ok.

Yes I need to get the patch and I might get a remap while I’m at it but think I need to sort the injector issue first. She’s very lumpy at idle.

I’ll get the alignment done, I’ve still got lower front arms to do so I think i’ll Wait until they are done, I’m still not happy about the steering play, I need to investigate that but have run out of time now. My hols are Monday !
I’ve still got the rear brakes to do also.
Used the forte stuff for years it’s really good stuff !
IN fact I’ve still got quite a lot to do to be honest. Lol Thumbs Up

Hi mate

Great you’ve made so much progress and must admit after getting mine aligned it made a lot of difference

Is ur map sensor clean buddy and indeed may just need an Italian tune up and some of the forte cleaner put through to sort the rough idling out, at least with the iid ur able to see what the map & maf , injectors are all reading

Ref the steering , i wonder if that uj would work I came across , put the link here so you’ve got the details and save u searching for it, would be really interesting to see if it works

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/lower-steer...73039.html

At least with a holiday coming up ur be able to get away from it all and recharge ur batteries Thumbs Up

Post #19703313rd Aug 2018 7:27 am
gstuart

Discomadness wrote:
gstuart wrote:
@discomadness

They are very sexy ! Wonder if they come in beige ? Whistle

Must admit do like them, what do u think, 5k for both front seats ??? Whistle

Reminds me of some of the Recaro styled seats

Post #19703323rd Aug 2018 7:28 am
Discomadness

5k !! Wow ! You could get your your whole seat set redone to look like that for less than that! My drivers seat base needs a new leather cover. It’s on the list.
While I was in the garage yesterday I started to polish mine out of frustration more than anything. The paint is covered in swirls and minor scratches. Good job my apprentices father is a really good vehicle painter. He’s offered to mop and polish it for me and sort out the 2 or 3 bad scratches.

Have a renewed enthusiasm this morning. Laughing
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19703343rd Aug 2018 7:37 am
gstuart

That’s just a guess, haven’t seen the actual price of the seats but imagine it would be in that kind of price range Thumbs Up

Got cloth seats on mine and got some seat covers, i steam cleaned all the seats first then fitted the covers , are made by Inka and good quality

Bet it was like a breath of fresh air this morning knowing that fault has been resolved and can move forward with the other bits

That’s handy u getting the paint work done , think that would be one of the final things for me to buy a dual electric mop to give my paint a final polish

Post #19703483rd Aug 2018 8:30 am
Discomadness

They look really well made. Not like the “deluxe quality tailor made, you can’t bend it” crap I’ve got in my transit. You only have to look at them and they fall off. Laughing
But that’s eblag for you.
 Jarrod

-beanie grille
-detango with led bulbs

Post #19703493rd Aug 2018 8:33 am
gstuart

Think they were £100 for the front and middle seats , also have the flap down the side of the front seats for the airbags

Fitted really well, middle seats they fit on each seat so can still fold them down individually

Have stood up well with the dogs jumping all over them, as they always stay on the middle seat , they have plenty of room as well on the middle seats, both have full harness’s so stay in there seats if I have to stop quickly

Post #19703533rd Aug 2018 8:41 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 21 of 43 <123 ... 202122 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >