10 Plate D4 HSE Stornaway Grey 

Post #159517918th Jan 2016 2:33 pm
AdamD98

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Tech Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 4

...me or the OP? Very Happy
 Thanks,

Adam 

Post #159533018th Jan 2016 6:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Glassman
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Read through the whole thread..wow I'm shattered! Shocked Tell you what Disco nut, your enthusiasm is outstanding! Bow down You've really got the D3 bug now and I'm glad you've finally got it repaired and having fun in the snow. Been wondering what was done about the neighbour who damaged your car, was he prosecuted?

Post #159603719th Jan 2016 8:38 pm
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I am 30 on Saturday, in case that question was aimed at me lol.

The criminal damage against the neighbour is currently STILL ongoing although I have been moved although they moved me next door to a certified psycho who has already undone our wheel nuts. I am not moving again though.

And yes, I have the D3 bug big time. I love it.

And thank you Adam.

It is not finished yet though.

I have just been given 2 standard grills by people who upgraded there's and I have more modification plans, but some of the mods are being put off until the weather is better as I don't have anywhere indoors that I am allowed to paint or work on car parts without the threat of divorce lmao.

I am also looking at possibly buying a heavily written off HSE Discovery 3 in the near future to take parts off for my current Discovery. And I am also considering the possibility of doing a 2015 D4 facelift on my car.

My baby does have a few outstanding faults at the moment. The EPB is playing up, but not the unit itself, so I don't use the hand brake, The rear brakes now squeal like crazy but were changed for brand new parts replaced by Geoff. about 4 months ago. Not saying Geoff. has done anything wrong, but pointing out that I don't think they need renewing lol, and it runs really lumpy when it's cold for about a minute.

Click image to enlarge

But sadly my Disco is being sidestepped for the minute as this car is screaming for attention after the Disco go it all for the last 4 months lol.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The seatbelt has frayed badly on the drivers side, 2 lights need replacing, the EGR is clogged, I believe the intercooler will be full of crud too, and I need to do a pre mot myself before it goes in for its test.

I have to say, I wish some of the parts on the Discovery were as easy to get to as the Mondeo, as I won't have to dismantle the front end to get to the parts that I need to lol.

But I love both of the cars.

Post #159613919th Jan 2016 10:18 pm
disco-nut

Fog lights now officially bought from Walsie. Can't wait to get them. Also I have a spare bumper in the correct colour for my car which was won on Ebay for £1.20. My mum is paying for the bumper as 1 of my birthday presents lol and the lights are a present from my other half lol.

Click image to enlarge

Post #159622220th Jan 2016 5:48 am
disco-nut

The upgrades are about to carry on Very Happy

I didn't realise until I started looking through my Ebay history, how many little bits for making upgrades I had bought since February 2015. Most went missing when my other half was doing one of many tidy ups. Rolling Eyes Then all the upgrade parts vanished during the last move. Confused

However I got fed up with looking at the walls in our bedroom that are still lined with unpacked boxes from moving. Mainly because we didn't have the necessary space to store it all. That is now being slowly sorted.

So I went through and emptied 1 box at a time. And shockingly found a hell of a lot of stuff that not only I was looking for, but stuff I forgot I even had. And even found a host of upgrade parts for cars that I haven't had for over 3 years! And spares for cars fro even longer then that.

I even found some of my missing diagnostics readers which vanished. Sadly won't read a Land Rover though.

Lots of missing tools have made an appearance too.

And now I am itching to get these found bits fitted. But can't as it is the turn of the Mondeo to get attention tomorrow.

But the bits for the Disco are now being put where I can see them and all together so that I don't lose them again. I will be going through at least 5 more large boxes when I get home from working on the Mondeo with my other half.

Just need my other bits to arrive so I can do the major upgrades. Mainly the DRL/Detango/Black Headlights upgrade.

Post #159669720th Jan 2016 11:57 pm
r4ff

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Finally! I've been following this thread for a long time just to see the day that those holes get fog lights in them Laughing
 what is this life, if full of care?
we have no time to stand and stare.

Post #159731721st Jan 2016 11:18 pm
disco-nut

I am waiting for the fog lights to arrive lol But I need the loom for them next. Laughing

Yesterday, I went over to my parents to work on the Mondeo with my other half, and found that my parents had been back to the guy they bought my front bumper from and bought me a complete set of light guards and a retractable load cover.

I am starting to wonder if an presents I get this year are going to be for me or if the car is going to be the benefactor Laughing

Only kidding, I love receiving used and new parts for my birthday. This sounds daft but for £1.20 that my parents paid for the bumper, it saved me £3 for the clips that the screws that hold the fog lights in cost as the spare new bumper has the U clips in it lol Just need the screws now.

Also this situation means I am left with a spare set of headlight guards to sell which I am putting on the For Sale page in a minute.

The Mondeo has proved to be a big headache, as it desperately needs a wheel bearing now for the MOT. After that, we are just hoping it passes.

Post #159737522nd Jan 2016 3:02 am
r4ff

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I have the S spec 54 plate, so luckily my loom was already there when I picked up a bumper with fogs in... though that was over a year ago and I still haven't got round to ordering the new light switch or getting them enabled Whistle ... or replacing my passenger side doors with the ones I bought closer to two years ago Laughing I think we share a common ilness for buying parts but never fitting them Wink
 what is this life, if full of care?
we have no time to stand and stare.

Post #159802123rd Jan 2016 1:12 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

r4ff, the adding of fog lights and switch should work without 'enabling', so that is one less thing to worry about Laughing.......oh, I can see you're not worried about it are you? Rolling with laughter
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #159805023rd Jan 2016 2:38 pm
disco-nut

My car has had a little upgrade done now.

I am selling my old light guards as my parents bought a full set of front and rear guards as the seller wouldn't separate them, and guess what. They are on the car already Laughing

Stopped in Asda car park in Eastbourne and had 1 idiot point and laugh because the bonnet was up, He must of thought I had broken down, and for some reason us fitting the guards attracted a small crowd.

But front guards fitted. Rears to be fitted. My load cover is going in on Sunday too, my projector LED bulbs caught fire, I have a set of replacements that were sent for free, so we will see how these go.

But mods with the grill that I plan and de tangoing the lights is going to have to wait until spring/summer as I will have to do the mods under my pop up gazebo in the garden.

Also, for those who think the brackets that bolt to the grill and clip on to the A bar aren't necessary, I beg to differ! They definitely are. And I think it was by accident, but a pair of those plastic bracket things were included in the bad of fixtures for the light guards. So I am very happy. So I will have 1 plastic bracket in the spares box.

The LED rear bumper lights/DRL upgrade will be done pretty soon though. Just waiting on the sale of some of the parts to cover the additional wiring that I need to complete the job.

But the Mondeo is still taking priority as the rear wheel bearing needs to be done before the MOT in 3 weeks time.

I was glad to get at least get one job done on my birthday. (The light guards).

The Discovery is being treated to proper deep clean outside later today too.

I just need to find a good rear wiper blade now as the one from Euro Car Parts lasted 2 weeks after putting it on.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #159846424th Jan 2016 4:24 am
disco-nut

I don't know weather being a member of this club is a good thing or a bad thing Shocked

Because most times I come on here, I end up spending more money Laughing and I get ear ache and bank ache because of it Laughing

Only kidding, well the first part anyway. The 2nd part of Ear ache and Bank ache are accurate Laughing

I was after a broken passenger light for a bit of a project, and ended up agreeing to buy a pair of perfectly good lights, and I was after a pair of broken rear lights for another project and ended up buying a pair of good ones Shocked Laughing

But only thanks to some great members on here.

I have had an off day with my health and ended up bed ridden with pain, so my Discovery didn't get anything done to it today. I am hoping to get playing with it next weekend.

Post #159902525th Jan 2016 12:57 am
CliffordAE

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I've read this thread from beginning to end and it's great to see how well your Discovery is coming along. Your passion is paying off, she's looking good!

Ant
 Ant

2005 D3 SE, Zambezi Silver
Auto lights/wipers
Memory seats (which are getting a bit forgetful)
Heated front & rear seats
Alpine roof
Hi-Line audio
Premium Sat Nav
Off Road Nav
4x4 info 

Post #159935125th Jan 2016 8:44 pm
disco-nut

Thanks Ant

Post #159951826th Jan 2016 1:23 am
disco-nut

The fog lights arrived on the 25th January, My intention is to restore them as the chrome inside is bubbled up, not sure how to go about that yet. But the outside backing is corroded and I am simply going to clean the backings up, treat them with kurust, then give them a coating of hammerite.

Only thing I need to do now, is get my hands on a set of screws to secure them to the car.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #159952026th Jan 2016 1:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 26 <123 ... 111213 ... 242526>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >