Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

My Narrow Track (potentially up for sale)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 43 <123 ... 141516 ... 414243>
Arlo

Germany 

Hmm, just one more question:

You used squared tubes. That's allright for 90° solutions.
But in the front of all the angles are not conforming 90°.
So the surfaces are not in line.

Do you ever thought about bended sheet of steel matching the angle?
Have a look at the horizontal upper crossmember and the both vertical stands.
You will run into problems with the outer skin, wont you?

Think about it, befor primering. Whistle

Post #13228909th Aug 2014 10:55 pm
sailorboi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I had a look Arlo and I think it will be ok Thumbs Up

The sheet I am using is 0.65mm and will bend and rivet so I think it will follow the shape ok, but I will let you know Rolling with laughter

Got the primer on and top coat Thumbs Up

went red:

then grey:

then black:
Click image to enlarge

Also test fitted the tank onto the brackets, with some rubber it will be a nice snug fit Smile
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x
Sankey Narrow Track Camping Trailer (Gone but to a great home) 

Post #132371911th Aug 2014 9:28 pm
sailorboi

Question as well for you all:

I am looking at running my gas line either under the chassis then through the floor or running it through the frame. Can I use the flexible LPG hose?? I have about 8m spare so was going to use that Thumbs Up Or do I have to run some 10mm copper pipe?

Do you think i can run it through the frame work with grommets surrounding the holes???
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132374311th Aug 2014 10:05 pm
Arlo

Germany 

Ok then, I was too late with the angles in front. Sorry about that. Embarassed

Don't try to use a hose inside the frame!
Even don't think about it!

Just use a pipe outside and everything went well! Whistle

Post #132374711th Aug 2014 10:14 pm
sailorboi

Ye you have confirmed my fears haha!

Thanks was thinking I will just run it through the chassis outside Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132374811th Aug 2014 10:16 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

thats all i have done with mine no gas inside the pod at all Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #132380912th Aug 2014 7:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Iguana

Ukraine 

What are you trying to do to me Simon? How on earth will I now be able to bring mine up next week and park it next to yours Big Cry

Seems like zip now need to get my paint brushes out as well Laughing

Top work as usual Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #132383912th Aug 2014 8:39 am
sailorboi

Iggy don't worry yours is at least able to carry things Rolling with laughter

Going to get the body in place today and hopefully see if all my securing points all line up and see what size bolts I am going to use to hold it all down Smile

Well good news Iggy the cladding is arriving at the workshop today abouyt midday Thumbs Up I will give you a ring when it is here and we will arrange a day for you to come up and cut it Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132387312th Aug 2014 10:11 am
sailorboi

Well slow progress today but lifted and mounted the body on Thumbs Up

Placed 6mm rubber between the frame and the chassis (prob a bit over kill but was cheap for a big roll)
Also got the floor completed in several sections to get a good fit Thumbs Up

Drilled and bolted the body on with some stainless M6 bolts and it can easily be removed if it needs to be lifted off Thumbs Up it uses the trailers original 10 points and I welded and extra 2 on to the extension giving me 12 so nice and secure Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132405112th Aug 2014 6:54 pm
sailorboi

Also PVC coated galvanised steel sheeting, pre coloured, arrived today to clad it all in Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132405412th Aug 2014 6:57 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm cladding Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #132409912th Aug 2014 8:36 pm
sailorboi

Well had a busy day and got quite a bit down. Finally got the O/S sorted. I am going to have three doors two 500mm wide and one 450mm wide. The 450mm one towards the front will be for storage boxes. Then the others will be a gas locker at the rear, which has space for a water heater eventually, and then in the centre will be a split door hinging down and up to create a clothes/ dressing area (for the misses, means she will hopefully look forward to using it Thumbs Up ) The reasoning for the extra uprights are so that I can have a gap with around the doors for aesthetics. I know that means more cladding/ more work but I did not want any of the box section showing from the outside.

Up front on the angles I have squared them all up with some additional frame work to put some doors in. Up front will be two doors (one either side) that hinge down and the O/S will be the electrical cupboard with the battery in and the N/S will have the slides for the fridge with vents etc Thumbs Up

The space at the top will be accessible from the sides. On the N/S it will be used for storing plates etc then on the O/S it will just be extra storage from the storage box section. Got some 6mm & 18mm ply and will hopefully get some stuff mocked up over the weekend if I have time.

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132492714th Aug 2014 6:23 pm
sailorboi

Well still plodding along Thumbs Up

Finished all the internal welding and basically everything but annoyingly I ran out of steel and need about another 1.2m of 25x25 Evil or Very Mad But I will need to order some more for the doors anyway as I used a lot of it for some partitioning internally. I was going to just use 18mm ply for the internal dividing walls but I then decided I would put a length of steel across to divide it up and use 6mm each side with a few wooden spacers in as I think it will end up lighter and once the 6mm is screwed to the box section then it will hopefully be solid Thumbs Up

Got the spare wheel carrier mounted with clamps, I messed up a bit at I bought a disco 2 one by accident instead of a disco 1 one. O well and this one will work so it is not a total loss. Got it in position today and just clamped it up ready to drill the holes before I clad the front. But do I need to move it higher?? It sits on the front frame to take a bit of the weight as it is but would it look better slightly higher?? Thoughts please Bow down

Annoyingly where I have it now I will need to move my Jockey wheel forward by about 50mm as the handle is very tight to the spare wheel and does not spin Sad O well just tried to be ahead of the game but it back fired Rolling with laughter

Got the floor put in for the shelf which will connect to the kitchen on one side and the storage area on the other side. Also put the runners in position to get an idea of how it would look in the fridge compartment. Really pleased with how it is looking and hopefully I can get everything I have added painted this weekend.

Massey Ferguson 35x

Last edited by sailorboi on 16th Aug 2014 11:32 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #132555116th Aug 2014 10:55 am
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Bow down Thumbs Up looking good not be long now Whistle
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #132555816th Aug 2014 11:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Looking great Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #132556616th Aug 2014 12:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 15 of 43 <123 ... 141516 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >