Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

My Narrow Track (potentially up for sale)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 43 <123 ... 151617 ... 414243>
sailorboi

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks guys!

Sorry Wiggs it ended up looking a bit like your first one shape wise, I guess why change something that works Thumbs Up

Any thoughts on the spare wheel higher or leave it resting on the frame?
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x
Sankey Narrow Track Camping Trailer (Gone but to a great home) 

Post #132557416th Aug 2014 12:53 pm
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

Looking fantastic Thumbs Up personally I'd mount the wheel bracket slightly higher in case you ever want to change to bigger wheels/tyres for any reason.
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #132559216th Aug 2014 2:02 pm
sailorboi

Ye I think you are probably right I will move it up slightly Smile
 07 Java Black TD V6 D3, EGRs Blanked, Tow bar, Full dog guard & divider, LED Spots , DRLs, GG ATs, RLD Sump guard, RLD Spare Wheel Protector, D4 LED Rear Lights, Limo tints on boot and Midnight tint on rear windows, Kenwood screen with Garmin nav, Rear cameras, D4 Steering wheel with flappy paddles, T-max split charge system, Tree sliders, Prospeed roof rack & Ladder, Alisport fast road inter cooler,

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132559316th Aug 2014 2:07 pm
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

BZ Thumbs Up
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #132559716th Aug 2014 2:32 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Fantastic work there Simon, really coming together well, well thought through Thumbs Up

I assume the slides are for a fridge Mr. Green
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #132559916th Aug 2014 3:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sailorboi

indeed Greg they are Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132560116th Aug 2014 3:12 pm
sailorboi

Question:

I will be running some conduit into each other compartments for lights and electrics. It will be all a 12v system, apart from maybe the odd 240v socket for an electrical hook up (but there will only be some on the kitchen side and maybe 1 in the dressing section for the misses). So I will be putting in a few cig lighters and a few USB socket chargers etc.

So question is what size cable to I need to run in the conduit? Also what do I need in the electrical box. I am pretty good with putting electrics in and together but I am pretty rubbish at knowing exactly what I need like fuse boxes/ distribution boxes etc. I can follow diagrams though Thumbs Up I will get double core cable and run it through the conduit, would 6A cable be enough or far too much? trailer is only 2.5m long so will that cause enough drop to use larger cable?

Could someone could give me a list from batteries to light/ sockets in the cupboard that would be super useful Smile Or a diagram would be great. I am planning on using 1 x 110ah battery at the moment but will add another later on. I am got a master on/off positive switch already so will be adding that close to the battery. thanks in advance Bow down

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132561616th Aug 2014 4:48 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

So I'm doing an update for Simon today - Arrived at his place around 9am towing my Sankey as we planned to cut the cladding for both his and mine

On the whole day went very well, the cladding is pretty robust, a few scratches, but nothing serious - will add any pics I have to my thread, but here are a few of Simon's:

The 1st Cut:
Click image to enlarge

1st side clamped - We fitted to each side, but these will be removed for the doors to be cut out
Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

2nd side on - view inside...>Remember all the doors still to be cut out
Click image to enlarge

I'll let Simon do the next update

BIG HUGE thanks to you mate, great working together today and appreciate all the help Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
2015 RR Sport Autobiography
&
1992 Land Rover Defender Camper

- Gone but not forgotten:
MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'
MY14 FL2 HSE manual in Blue
MY15 Disco 4 HSE Lux in Santorini Black
MY08 Disco 3 SE manual in Buck Blue
1960 Series 2 88" (No idea why I sold it!) 

Post #132690919th Aug 2014 5:07 pm
sailorboi

Got the front cut after you let Ieuan and looks good. Also carefully marked one side and it is not off ready to cut tomorrow Shocked

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132696119th Aug 2014 6:29 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

Looks good Thumbs Up
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
&

MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'

Post #132696619th Aug 2014 6:40 pm
sailorboi

Well this morning was very productive but this afternoon not so much so called it a day. Now walking the dog while updating this Thumbs Up

So got the three doors cut out of one side:

Then tacked it back in place with some temporary rivets.

Then did the other side which is a large opening for the kitchen side and fridge slide up fwd.

Also cut the excess off the fronts ready to bend around. The last little bit of steel I was waiting for arrived so I could finally put the final door frame in for the electrical locker up fwd on the O/S.

Re fitted the panel with the three cut outs after welding and marked it all up for cutting the front door out and trimming off the excess Thumbs Up I am hoping tomorrow I can start fixing them on permanently with the roof being the last bit to go on. There are a few bulk heads I need to insert before I close the sides up and I want to secure the floor down too! Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132729920th Aug 2014 3:48 pm
Iguana

Ukraine 

That looks so good mate Thumbs Up the cuts look perfect

I'll be cutting mine this weekend, what was the best method? Circular saw followed by jig?

What about the corners?
 Iggy/Ieuan

Current LR =
&

MY10 D4 GS
MY05 Disco 3 'S'

Post #132730720th Aug 2014 4:12 pm
sailorboi

I used a really really small drill bit and drilled about 4 holes that were the width of the blade and then slotted the blade in. There are some rounded parts in the corners but I am happy with the out come Thumbs Up

Messed up a bit for the fridge door, took a bit too much off the bottom but once the door is closed hopefully it will all be ok Thumbs Up but I am not too bothered but a little showing Smile

Pleased with how it is coming on but wish it was just finished now Smile

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132734420th Aug 2014 5:20 pm
Arlo

Germany 

That's really looking god man! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #132753820th Aug 2014 10:51 pm
sailorboi

Well only had this morning free as off sailing for the long weekend at some point his afternoon Thumbs Up

I got all the remaining door seals on and all the lips riveted so I am glad that is over I was getting annoyed with it Rolling with laughter

So on Tuesday when I get back I think I am ready to mount the sides on Smile I have built all the internal stuff up front as I won't be able to get them in and out once the cladding is on Thumbs Up

So fingers crossed by Tuesday evening I might have something which is water tight ish! Unless something else pops up.

Have a great long weekend guys Thumbs Up

Massey Ferguson 35x

Post #132820022nd Aug 2014 12:51 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 16 of 43 <123 ... 151617 ... 414243>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >