Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

BBS's release of V1.30 for faultmate MSV-2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
aljo

England 

Anyone had trouble using the seat functions on v1.30 ? wont work for me and when i press return to ecu control it says "unknown function and contact bbs" Rolling Eyes and yes i agree seems slower than v 1.29
 Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #95460914th Jul 2012 12:58 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

aljo wrote:
Anyone had trouble using the seat functions on v1.30 ? wont work for me and when i press return to ecu control it says "unknown function and contact bbs" Rolling Eyes and yes i agree seems slower than v 1.29

ajio

Have you transferred the modules across in the software manager for the new version 1.33 open it up and look in the right hand side and there will be some modules with a s in front of them if so you need to transfer the new ones from the right hand side. Then it should work.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95461714th Jul 2012 1:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
aljo

England 

v1.33? Shocked Whistle
That was the first job updating modules flack Thumbs Up

will have to go through it all again i think Big Cry
 Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where,s the f**king ceiling!!

Post #95462014th Jul 2012 1:25 pm
Flack

aljo wrote:
v1.33? Shocked Whistle
That was the first job updating modules flack Thumbs Up

will have to go through it all again i think Big Cry

Typo bud v 1.3 I have found the same on my test when you tell the server to go back under ecu control I get the same error bud, also I have found that for some reason the left hand turn signal does not work but all the other toggles are ok.

I get the error version needs updating version 1.30 expected version 1.29, but I think thats might be because I installed the update over the top of the 1.30 beta. apart from that it all seems ok.

Did a test with the egr's and that seem to work but no reading on the throttle response but that could be because I have my egr's blanked.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95464714th Jul 2012 3:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
aljo

England 

Updated the relevent modules for sm129 and still no joy also noticed the special engine management program on the main page from bas has gone too Shocked have tried to install it again as originally but no luck Big Cry

Post #95466214th Jul 2012 3:41 pm
Flack

aljo wrote:
Updated the relevent modules for sm129 and still no joy also noticed the special engine management program on the main page from bas has gone too Shocked have tried to install it again as originally but no luck Big Cry

What the flash file loader or the special engine management program?

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95467014th Jul 2012 3:50 pm
aljo

England 

The ffl seems to be ok its the special engine management program thats done a bunk Shocked

Post #95467114th Jul 2012 3:52 pm
Flack

Are you running Windows 7 and have you tried to re-down load from BBS a new copy.?.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95467214th Jul 2012 3:55 pm
aljo

England 

Im on windows xp will try downloading v1.30 again ! should i delete v 1.29 from pc first this time ?

Post #95467514th Jul 2012 4:00 pm
Flack

aljo wrote:
Im on windows xp will try downloading v1.30 again ! should i delete v 1.29 from pc first this time ?

I would bud and start again make sure you delete the old folder as well, I am going to dod the same with mine when I get time as I think some of my errors are being caused by upgrading and not a complete install.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #95467714th Jul 2012 4:06 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
seems slower than v 1.29

I will double check things, but AFAIK the VE.exe program you run is exactly the same in the last few upgrades and has not even been re compiled. Only the support files it uses have been changed.

I appreciate this might be difficult to understand, so i will try to explain.
When we developed this system Ten years ago, we wanted to make it as flexible, future proof and infinitely expandable as possible.

So absolutely everything VE does and displays is actually controlled by external support files that it processes, even the overall version number on the start up splash screen, which is also an external file and changes depending on the system you have.

In fact some of our earlier system owners will no doubt be installing this latest upgrade but may well have never even heard of Faultmate.

The system is so flexible, we could call VE Vending explorer and use it without a single change to it to produce a system for diagnosing, configuring and servicing vending machines or anything else you would connect a PC to to do.

Hence, adding new capability and features to the system on an upgrade like V1.30 does not require any changes to VE.exe at all.
VE does however use Internet Explorer, and if you are now running a later more bloated and slower version of that, you might see some slowing down of things.

Regarding Module Transfer.
The main role of the communication link between the VE based Front end software running on the PC and the Vehicle server is to transport very short commands (Typically only 20 or 30 Bytes long) from the front end to the server and get back the resultant information that it then displays. Even the longest return is only a few hundred bytes long and takes only a fraction of a second.
For this, the Serial communications we use are ideal, and adding USB conversion / Transportation overheads does not make any real difference.

However when it comes to using this link to transfer a number of files that are many hundreds of thousands of bytes long, we appreciate that this will be a relatively slow process. Especially if you are used to the speeds of say transferring Files to a USB stick. Factors like Serial to USB conversion / transportation overheads of course now make a difference, and in fact we had to put inter byte delays for those using USB to prevent buffer overflows and data loss.

Of course mentioning buffers, there are also differences between equipment and their UARTS etc.

We appreciate that this can seem to some like an aspect that could do with improving, and we did try to ramp up the baud rate once, only to see things get worse.

But given that the requirement to transfer new modules to the server is really only very occasional, and even this upgrade, with it's relatively massive additional functionality only has about 8 modules that need transferring, we figure that it is sufficient as it is.

I will of course look into the few problems mentioned here.

Post #95470314th Jul 2012 5:19 pm
TheOneAndOnlyNikolaus

Austria 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Input information is really great

Just installed the new version this weekend and checked the input values for the Dashboard. Looks like I can finally diagnose the issue my cars fuel gauge has as the instrument goes down from full to quarter full normal, but than stays there till the tank is bone dry.
Apparently the value for fuel sender 2 never changes so now I only have to figure out if that refers to the front or rear fuel tank sensor...

Thanks for all your teams hard work!

Nikolaus

Post #95514816th Jul 2012 2:00 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
Thanks for all your teams hard work!

Many thanks for that chap, I really do not think that very many truly and fully appreciate just how it is here at BBS HQ on a day by day basis.

Me and my team spend all day every day working to solve seemingly insurmountable and unending problems to deliver what we can and currently in the worst possible temperatures. We do have Air conditioning, but this is struggling to make a big difference and pulls so much power it makes our meter whiz round so fast it sounds like it will take off at any second.

We seriously cannot put the kettle on without first turning other stuff off, and the main breaker, which we already have a Fan on, trips quite regularly.

Regards your problems, we can only but supply the raw tools Nikolaus. I can only hope they end up helping you find your problem.

Otherwise i did check VE.exe and sure enough the last time it was changed was in a V1.27 patch way back in 2010. so any speed change is certainly not down to that. Other noted problems with V1.30 have been a breeze to sort except that odd 1.04 to 1.01 version change problem. Even after a couple of days on that we are only just making some progress on even figuring out why it is happening let alone fixing it.

I am however quite sure that we will get there in the end.

Post #95588017th Jul 2012 7:02 pm
sinbad58

Sweden 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Guys !

Is it just a selected few that can upgrade to ver 1.30 Question
When i go to my support page on BBS i can just see Download for Ver 1.29 Sad

Just as i posted this i was in on Forum BBS.. Found Link Embarassed

So ignore the two first lines in post Wink

Regards
Jan R
 Jan R.
Hidden Winch Mount ( Warn / Tabor 9K ) with Synthetic Line.
A-Frame Protection Bar with Lightforce 170 Xenon
Mantec Raised Air Intake LR Expo Rack
GNVP-Suspension Rods+Rock Slider/Step+Full Underbody Protection
GG AT2s 255/60/18
Ham Radio ( HF-UHF ) Blackvue DR500GW-HD Camera
Squishy Cup Holders, Engel MT-35 Fridge, Cubby Fridge
Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #95599118th Jul 2012 1:20 am
Chesh

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
wanting to buy a code reader

Hi there,
I've sent a couple of emails but no reply as yet.
I was wondering how I would go about buying a code reader, I've been to the web page but I was wondering about the DISCO3.CO.UK discount.

Post #95609618th Jul 2012 10:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >