Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Aftermarket warranty, any thoughts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
Leesbay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
Aftermarket warranty, any thoughts

Can any one offer their experience of a decent aftermarket comprehensive warranty for my 2006 D3.
Have used companies like warranty wise, warranty direct and clic4cover previously but never made a claim.
Would be good to hear from anyone who has a warranty, even better from those who have had claims upheld, and what the annual cost is for a D3
Although i havent enquired, i dont think a main dealer warranty would be within budget. My car is an 06 with fsh and 52k

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Moved
 ....................................................................................................

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what she thinks I paid for them, you lot are gonna get some bargains! 

Post #87673430th Dec 2011 5:12 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

WD, used them for the last 18 months and no problems. Claimed for (among others) turbo, 2 x brake calipers, 2 x bearings, tie rods, various bushes & suspension bits, and a few things I've forgotten. £600 ish for main dealer rates. Perfectly happy with their cover & will renew next July. Wouldn't dream of running a D3 without a warranty, you may be lucky but if not it's an expensive cash cow.

Post #87673630th Dec 2011 5:20 pm
Leesbay

Thanks DSL, have just had a quote from WD. Thought it was expensive at £870.
Click4warranty top level cover comes in at £700.
Obviously would raher pay the least for the most, but at the end of the day its the one who pays out on the claim that is he best
 ....................................................................................................

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what she thinks I paid for them, you lot are gonna get some bargains! 

Post #87675230th Dec 2011 5:48 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Was that WD's first offer?? Let them sweat for a few days and they'll phone you back with "deal of the day". Then you haggle. I got 13 months for 12, airbags & emissions, no betterment, main dealer rates and turbo. Mention here & you get a "club" discount. The most important thing to me is they cover wear & tear. Thumbs Up

Post #87675730th Dec 2011 5:57 pm
Leesbay

Good advice, they do usually call, and i like a good haggle. Will see what they chuck in the pot. Warranty wise have just quoted £950 for "total cover" no named parts, it covers the lot. They offer a further 3 levels lower down to around £500. Looks like car insurance in that warranty prices are going up too. I reckon if i can get a total peace of mind warrranty for around £700 a year, i would be made up. Im sure even with good luck, i couldnt keep the D3 runing perfectly for less than that with any indy?

Post #87676130th Dec 2011 6:02 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Not for me, I've had too many bad experiences with Indis & LRs. These are not cheap cars to run, if anyone thinks it's a case of insure, tax & add fuel they are in for a nasty shock. For me the trick to running this (and the previous 2 D3s) is to have someone else pick up the big bills.

PS These are my views, loads of other views here incl have a rainy day fund.

Post #87679030th Dec 2011 7:12 pm
Leesbay

Having had 9 cars this year and 11 last year, none of which gave me any grief apart from tyres and a service here or there i feel like my backs against the wall. All previous cars fell into the bmw or audi brand.

Having had a td5 disco which was the best tow car we have had to date, it was also the one which left us with a big bill from saggy suspension.
Although i like a gamble, i think im heading towards an insurance backed safety net, just in case. At present the car runs and drives perfectly, and long may it continue, but whilst most members on this great forum love their D3s, most also state that they are money pits as well! Come on WD, give me a call back and haggle with me!

Post #87680230th Dec 2011 7:58 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I got Warranty Direct Luxury care, 13mths for 12, with same additions quoted by DSL for £535, it starts in a couple of weeks when the car is 3, although I got the deal 11mths ago in advance only having to pay 10% deposit, I have just paid the remainder so hope it lives up to expectations Very Happy

3yr old D3 GS MY2009

Post #87681630th Dec 2011 8:26 pm
Leesbay

£535 thats a good quote. Assume you nailed it at last years rates as the quotes i have are much more than that. Will have a chat when the telephone tout from WD calls, about a lower level of cover, as they still seem to cover nearly the same amount of stuff in an attempt to trim the price

Post #87683530th Dec 2011 9:00 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Treat em mean, keep em keen. I found my price hadn't gone up much at renewal in June, dispite couple of grands worth of claims. Just know what's available & ask for it as you know of peeps here that have had these things thrown in/included. I paid £50 more for no betterment (no slice knocked of parts due to mileage) but got an extra month foc so no brainer for me. Smile

Post #87684030th Dec 2011 9:12 pm
Discotres

With warranty direct basic cover they cover what is stated, with Luxury cover they cover everything UNLESS it is stated in the policy as not covered. This is very important as some people moan later that something isn't covered, it is very simple READ THE POLICY, it is there for you and is very clear.

Warranty Direct are not a charity they are a business and there to make a profit, it is a gamble, some people have won others have lost and lost big, for me I am extremely happy to pay my £535 and sleep at night for giving up half a pint, £1.50 a day Thumbs Up

Make a list of questions and ask the salesperson, they seem very helpful.

I did the deal in Jan this year with:

Amira Choudhary
Title: Sales Executive
Tel: 0800 731 7001 Ext: 258

She may still be there, good luck!

Post #87690030th Dec 2011 10:42 pm
Leesbay

Thanks discotres, i will ring the contact you provided and ask her if she can do a similar deal. I suspect the fact that mines 2006 makes a big difference to premiums though. If you fancy pm ing me some details it would certainly help me use that as leverage!!!

Post #87690430th Dec 2011 11:08 pm
Discotres

Nothing more to add really, but the story of when and how I bought it is here, apologies it seems it was Feb not Jan http://disco3.co.uk/forum/topic61959.html

Some of the info may help you Thumbs Up

Post #87690730th Dec 2011 11:11 pm
Leesbay

Brilliant cheers, cant hurt to ask!

Post #87690930th Dec 2011 11:14 pm
hids4u

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

i went for WD. was going to go for main dealer - but there conditions state you must service the car at the main dealer if you want to have it repaired there. Glad i read the small print

Also air bags and emissions not included in lux car - so ask for it along with 13 for 12 months

I paid 640 from memory for v8 version - they started at close to 1000

R
Ian

Post #87691930th Dec 2011 11:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 8 12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >