Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

WTF is happening in this country?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until supplies of potable water become short as a result of consumption and/or climate change; just wait until crops start failing because of climate change. These are the things that will drive migration - directly and via conflicts/wars. Why did Man move out of Africa in the first place - climate and resources.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22341664th Jun 2021 2:22 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

ruben wrote:
Yes! We can decide not to see it, and continue with unfair speeches and easy conversations from an advantageous position, we can convince ourselves that the problem is with the neighboring country that does not fulfill its part of containment and look the other way and not see that. The world has been plunged for decades in a huge pandemic that is hunger and inequality that leads to wars and dictatorships and consequently migrations of people who only seek to move forward ... while we continue dreaming of buying luxury cars in our sad gray and little world ... just hating everything that smells poor and foreign!

i come from poor country poor family but with work ethics and never seen anyone from my country man nor was I ever into running in a park with a machete FFS
being poor does not justify this BS

Post #22341694th Jun 2021 2:28 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

There is a very strong correlation across the world between poverty, gangs and violent crime.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography (now semi-retired) 

Post #22341744th Jun 2021 2:43 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

astonbuilder wrote:
all the 'empathisers' on here probably OK as long as 'not next door' to them and/or in other posts will rant on about 'travellers', AKA "Censored p*k*ys" Rolling Eyes

Have no problem with a refugee family moving in next door. I just ask that they are law abiding and considerate of their neighbours, just as I would ask a British person with a family tree back to King Alfred to be the same.

And as for the travelling community, again I'd have no problem with them spending a few weeks in the field behind our house so long as they are law abiding and they didn't leave behind a field full of detritus behind when they moved on.

Thumbs Up
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22341764th Jun 2021 2:47 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

HWN wrote:
You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until supplies of potable water become short as a result of consumption and/or climate change; just wait until crops start failing because of climate change. These are the things that will drive migration - directly and via conflicts/wars. Why did Man move out of Africa in the first place - climate and resources.

Excellent point, Hugh. It's happening already in some cases but it's a trickle at the moment.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #22341774th Jun 2021 2:49 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

RRSTDV8 wrote:
astonbuilder wrote:
all the 'empathisers' on here probably OK as long as 'not next door' to them and/or in other posts will rant on about 'travellers', AKA "Censored p*k*ys" Rolling Eyes

Have no problem with a refugee family moving in next door. I just ask that they are law abiding and considerate of their neighbours, just as I would ask a British person with a family tree back to King Alfred to be the same.

And as for the travelling community, again I'd have no problem with them spending a few weeks in the field behind our house so long as they are law abiding and they didn't leave behind a field full of detritus behind when they moved on.

Thumbs Up

Well those caveats nicely virtue signal....... Rolling Eyes

The point is you can't choose how nice/respectable/law abiding they are, we all want that of those in our community/neighbours and there are many threads on here, of which I have contributed to also, about 'chavs' as neighbours and they are not at the extreme end of the scale at all....

Post #22341884th Jun 2021 3:01 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I would say that negative virtue signalling is more prevalent on this thread. Thumbs Up

Post #22341894th Jun 2021 3:05 pm
HWN

Thank you. Having asked the question "WTF is happening in this country?" I now have a range of answers from which to choose and can now complete my Sociology essay. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22342344th Jun 2021 7:32 pm
LT

I can’t see much to laugh about personally. A variety of deep divisions, some of which have been made far worse by Brexit and Covid, has altered society for the worse.

Post #22342424th Jun 2021 8:21 pm
HWN

^^^ Yes - as if I'd be studying Sociology..!

Go back forty years: love them or hate them, Kinnock, Foot, Thatcher et al had unwavering views and you knew where they stood and what you were voting for. Subsequently, we have had (to all intents and purposes) a two-party system, both driven by focus-groups and opinion-polls. Barely a cigarette-paper between them, neither of them have a identifiable characteristic philosophy. Mrs T once said she didn't strive to be popular because "to be popular, you have to make compromises". Major onwards, it has been compromises all round in the pursuit of popularity and power. Until UKIP and Brexit came along, it was not possible for the electorate to express an opinion on specific issues. Labour especially are now driven more by academics and pseudo-intellectuals in the south-east than their traditional voter in, say, Hartepool. The Lib Dems have a specific flavour to them but having sold their soul to get into (shared) power lost the credibility of the electorate, who saw them compromise on issues that had characterised them from the SDP onwards.

Hop around the internet: whether it is the left complaining about student loans and social-care or the right complaining about mass immigration, the cri de cœur is often "we were never asked!".

IMHO, a lot of what is labelled "racism" is actually "culturalism" and multiculturalism dealt a poor hand to minorities: the Tories patronised the left by letting them have a social experiment in the same way you might give a dog a bone to chew to keep them quiet. Differences = opportunities for divisions. If two people of different backgrounds dress the same, speak the same, have the same moral codes and shared experiences, what is there to drive division or affect opportunities? I found this article interesting.

To go back the same forty years, the limited number of channels meant that an evening of television-watching opened a window on the world, current affairs, culture and politics. Today there are a plethora of brain-numbing entertainments from which to choose and an evening involves telling six-hundred 'friends' that "Tea was a lovely spag bol! LOL!!", online opinion-reinforcing chats with like-minded people or hate-fuelled pursuit of those with different opinions.

One for the Politics sub-forum, really, but things aren't really going in a positive direction. The UK is often held up as a model of tolerance but all I see is increasing intolerance. Maybe it is the second law of thermodynamics - I don't know and I don't know the answer.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22344135th Jun 2021 8:19 pm
al cope

England 

Isn’t it against the law now to have a personal opinion that’s different to someone else’s opinion unless, either you agree with them or they agree with you 😉

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #22344626th Jun 2021 9:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

^ only if you read the Daily Mail and believe the nonsense they have been printing for decades. Whistle Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #22345396th Jun 2021 6:46 pm
HWN

The copy of yesterday's Daily Mail that I saw today has a two-page spread blaming the recent machete-wielding incidents on computer games.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #22345546th Jun 2021 8:59 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

You don’t think theirs some truth in that? Have you seen some of the ‘games’ that young kids play, they are ridiculous and parents who allow them are not parenting…..

Post #22345646th Jun 2021 10:17 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I used to play Cowboys and Indians with 'guns, bows, and arrows' Whistle
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #22345676th Jun 2021 10:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >