Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Greetings from ............ Trip #2
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 18 of 44 <123 ... 171819 ... 424344>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

And greetings from Xi’an North high speed train station.

Click image to enlarge

13 hour train ride ahead so should have enough time to update. Thumbs Up

PS Another bug splattered pointy end of a G type train. Rear pointy end this time. We’ve not headed off & wondering if we’re there yet. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

12c here, 24c in Nanning already. Fleece might not be needed. Thumbs Up

PPS Breakie.

Click image to enlarge

These peep’s have to get their marketing dept to work a tad harder! Actually quite nice.

Click image to enlarge

And I think I’ll give this a miss. I don’t often refuse food but will make an exception here.

Click image to enlarge

Post #209448023rd Oct 2019 12:13 am
DSL

Ukraine 

A few pics from yesterday. Most of the day was on foot, also changing hotels to be able to get to the North railway station with enough time to spare.

Power lines that look like a set from a pirate move. Well spotted SWMBO. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Now the gas can art makes sense, it’s an outdoor gear shop.

Click image to enlarge

And up to the ancient city walls. When the dudes on the left appeared I did actually wonder if the Romans had gotten this far. Embarassed

Click image to enlarge

And view from the walls. Lots of this area is a bit BHS (brand Harry spankers), this had a bit of age.

Click image to enlarge

Now tempting as it was to hire one of these, I just know SWMBO would be neither peddling nor steering, plus we had our packs. Phewwww, lucky escape.

Click image to enlarge

The famous Bell Tower complete with PLA dude looking very resplendent sticking out of the van’s sunroof.

Click image to enlarge

And the drum tower, famous for its drums s’pose. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

And up to the Muslim Quarter which is famous for its street food. There was a lot of food, raw and cooked, most of it sitting around for hate to think how long. Lots of food, not a lot of peeps eating. We gave it a miss before hiking to the Metro to next hotel.

I know not exacting Michelin Star scoff but it’s did the job. The squid crisps were pretty nice, as was the fruit bread. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #209448423rd Oct 2019 1:52 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up Bow down

Thks Del, plus can’t help noticing it looks a very tidy place as in no rubbish on the floor

Is that what they call the bullet train where they have the MPH inside the cabin

Many thks

Post #209448723rd Oct 2019 4:13 am
DSL

Ukraine 

It is all pretty clean, there’s usually a fair number of street cleaners. Only outnumbered by boys in blue. Certainly street cleanliness in the big cities, well the 2 we’ve been in, is similar to Japan and at least here they have bins everywhere. Thumbs Up

Yes, bullet trains and have the kph up on a display and we, well me, check it against my phone’s gps read out. A wee bit slow at the mo, we had up to 250kph earlier and 306kph on way to Xi’an.

Click image to enlarge

Sorry for the delay, lunch was served. Much better than breakie. Thumbs Up We had to go up to Business Class (big seats & food) as only 2nd class was available as soon as the tickets were released. We deffo didn’t want 13 hours in 2nd class so blew the budget.

Click image to enlarge

Now stuffed, late morning schnooze time. Whistle

PS Just arrived in Chengdu which we think is another mega city. Lots and lots and lots of peeps getting on here.

Didn’t have the chance to pop in here. https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-50141841
I doubt they raised any eyebrows in Will tack on a Glympse link, once I receive it via email. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

PPS Thar ya go re Glympse. https://glympse.com/01PT-0C6B?utm_source=h...ign=invite

Last edited by DSL on 23rd Oct 2019 5:53 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #209449023rd Oct 2019 4:52 am
DSL

Ukraine 

dunton10 wrote:
Re spitting, wait until you’ve been in Beijing for a couple of days. I nicknamed it the catarrh capital of the world when we were there. Without being too crude, no matter where they are they fetch it up from their boots and that’s the ladies!

And she is in the train compartment just behind me. If it wasn’t for us being sat in a station I’d have sworn something mechanical had gone badly wrong and we should adopt the crash position. Typhoons on take off make less noise and vibration!!

Post #209449123rd Oct 2019 5:05 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Just been reading this on the Beeb. Looks like where we‘re heading doesn’t have the smartest crims. Whistle

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-50137450

Lucking we’ve got a HK based Unicom sim so no issues with TGFWoC, no need to run with a VPN. I have to say the China Unicom 4g coverage here is as good as, if not better, than even a really good mobile nation like Finland, certainly it puts the UK to shame.

Post #209449423rd Oct 2019 5:16 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Just checked the Glympse link - positively sedentary - 71 kph Laughing

There must be a website somewhere in China hitmenRus Rolling with laughter
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #209457023rd Oct 2019 12:15 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

There’s bound to be a good movie about the hitmen, pos with Jackie Chan in all the roles. Having had only Chinese tv to watch last night, safe to say the quality bar is very low.

Speed at the mo. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

We had a minor panic earlier on, we thought we’d (read that as I’d in SWMBO’s eyes) used up all our HK Unicom data. It turns out our hotspot over reads by half as much again and we have 3.6gb left. Plus instead of 5gb we got 7gb. Gotta love China Unicom in the old colony. Thumbs Up

Post #209457223rd Oct 2019 12:24 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Morning folks, and greetings from Nanning. Deffo down in the tropics again and last stop before Robbin Williams gets to do the morning greeting. Thumbs Up

And time for a traditional breakfast from southern China. Laughing Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Sorry for starting without peeps. Whistle

Last edited by DSL on 24th Oct 2019 10:20 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #209470824th Oct 2019 2:04 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Not sure on those sausages 🤮🤮
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #209471924th Oct 2019 7:01 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Looks like a chicken sausage? We’ve recently started buying Heck chicken sausage and they are pretty good. 👍

Post #209472724th Oct 2019 7:56 am
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

I found the heck ones very salty
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #209473424th Oct 2019 8:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

The sausages were pretty good, as was the omelet cooked on the plancher. The hash brown was very meeeeeeeh. Now the custard tart & creme brûlée thing was really good but no pic as has scoffed most of it before I though of a pic. Tomorrow I’ll rectify that. Thumbs Up

Bit of a slobbing day before heading to VN tomorrow. Getting the tickets was interesting, find an office in an obscure block with nothing other than Chinese. Luckily we had the address in Chinese so there was lots of pointing at the address and being helped to the office. Thumbs Up

Great view of the Chinese flag in the hotel’s foyer.

Click image to enlarge

And the streets have that Vietnam feel. Hot(ish), sticky and watch out for bikes. Here they like to use the predestination crossings.

Click image to enlarge

This afternoon started with SWMBO wanting to go running. Shocked Shocked She also hoped that there were no free treadmills. She was disappointed. Whistle

Click image to enlarge

And proof of the pud. I think at this point SWMBO was sneakily cranking up her speed so she could out pace me. Very sneaky indeed!!

Click image to enlarge

Mega sweaty, AC not on in the studio, but did enough to work off breakie. Whistle

Post #209476024th Oct 2019 9:40 am
DSL

Ukraine 

As promised, for those not on a diet, I give you the deeeeeeeeelish the egg custard tart and custard and fruit pot. Really, really nice. Pastry was a bit so-so but I was really after the strawberry as one of my 5 a day. Whistle Whistle

Click image to enlarge

Another lazy day until we head off for the evening train to Hanoi, getting into Gia Lam station at something like 4:30 am. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Luckily we have some Vietnamese Dong with us so don’t need to find an ATM to get cash for the bus into the centre. Unfortunately can’t get into hotel until early afternoon so it’s going to be a long day.

Post #209491125th Oct 2019 2:14 am
DSL

Ukraine 

And greetings form Nanning Railway station. Not quite as swanky as the new looking as the Nanning East high speed station, equally no where near as massive. SWMBO is confident we know what we are doing and our train to Hanoi is up on the board. We’ve just got to wait on the entry in the 3rd from rhs for T8701 turning green, then seeing if our understanding is correct. Google translate supports our theory, if our translation of Google translate is correct. Shocked

Click image to enlarge

Post #209492625th Oct 2019 8:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 18 of 44 <123 ... 171819 ... 424344>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >