Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Keeps loosing coolant
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Kkrover

United States 2010 LR4 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Alaska WhiteLR4
Keeps loosing coolant

My water pump disintegrated while driving in the highway last summer. Car overheated but I shut it down quickly. Dealer replaced water pump under warrantee, said all good. Then about 1000 miles later, low coolant light and huge white smoke from exhaust. Back to dealer. The head was shot. So they did the heads...but it took them 2 months! The engine was left cracked open for 4 weeks. Got it back right after Chrismas and have only done about 100 miles since then. car seemed ok, but I noticed it runs a little rough right after startup. Otherwise ok. The today my low coolant light came on. Pulled over and steam was pouring out of engine bay. Topped of with coolant, resevoir was empty. Coolant is pooled in bottom of engine bay.

Has anyone had similar issues? Dealer said they most likely would swap out the engine as these engines can't overheat as they get damaged very easily, but then they did just the heads... And the issues continue. Needing help as I'm not sure what to do and don't think I can trust the dealer...go figure..

Thanks

Post #159904125th Jan 2016 4:26 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >