Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

AutoGlass Screen Replaced Today - Pleasantly Surprised
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Washwipe wrote:
Beginning to wonder if it's worth asking the insurance company if they are prepared to offer a policy without screen cover,

I tried this... trouble was, the insurance co. said they didn't charge for screen cover! Apparently it's a free gift - added value they all have to offer as part of your policy. Which is why you can't start demanding what make or OEM type screen you have fitted when claiming. Bottom line is it's all b*ll*x and they are talking rubbish while scamming the whole industry.

I won't start listing again all the issues you'll get with cheap Chinese copy glass!

The last two screens I've replaced involves ordering a proper one from my local LR dealer, picking it up and taking it to a great local windscreen place that take care and do a top job.
Sorted. Thumbs Up

(P.S. a Disco windscreen will sit nicely across the back seat when you have to pick it up!)

Post #154296211th Oct 2015 9:25 am
unsolicited

United Kingdom 

pagoda wrote:
I don't agree. Most insurers I've dealt with during renewals don't include glass claims, so you wouldn't need to mention it.

The comparison sites seem to think you do need to declare. I guess it may vary from company to company...

Post #154364412th Oct 2015 7:54 pm
pope227

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Auto glass are now saying pilkington do not supply them with glass for land rovers. I smell Cow sh Censored I see a couple of posts saying that they have had pilkington from them- any others to add so I can call them back the lying Censored
 D4 HSE Luxury
Causeway Grey 

Post #154422613th Oct 2015 8:45 pm
pope227

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I give up. Autoglass coming Thursday to fit FY screen Crying or Very sad can't get anywhere with them. They say they can't get pilkington and admiral won't pay for original. They have me by the balls. Truly very poor customer service from both and I will be taking my renewal away from them first ever claim for anything and they could not give a toss. Evil or Very Mad
 D4 HSE Luxury
Causeway Grey 

Post #154649717th Oct 2015 11:41 pm
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Write to your insurers customer service team, telling them of your loss of use of the car and that you are considering cancelling your policy because of all the trials and tribulations...it very quickly focuses their minds....
Worked for me!

National Windscreens primary supplier of glass is Pilkington direct......brilliant company...just had my third screen this year from them! Took huge care and never a problem ordering dealer glass! Very Happy

Post #154654218th Oct 2015 6:52 am
pagoda

Canada 2016 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteLR4

My experience may help you as, first, I'm with admiral, and second, autoglass replaced my windscreen on Friday. Finally. After a few calls, they conceded that I could have the OEM screen. In the end they ordered it from a main dealer (Marshalls) so it was LR branded Pilkington optikool glass. They tech fitted it in 2 hours and bought replacement A pillar trim (not just clips). Annoyingly, LR provided on D4 trim and one Evoke trim, so I have one old trim back on with new clips. It's fine.

I can post of pic of LR glass being fitted it it helps anyone with their discussions. However,my car is one year old and still in warranty. I think this had a bearing.

Also, big thanks to 'Glass' upon whose advice I leant with the tech. I ensured he used the special glue on the heating filament, though he was very good and I suspect was going to do this anyway. He said moisture ks a problem if not glued.

One last thing on cost. He said if I'd not used the insurance company and had paid for the job myself, autoglass would charge £1500-1800 for the job. He'd just replaced the screen on the FFRR Overfinch belonging to footballer Terry Henry (I think thats his name) and he paid £3200 by card there and then apparently.
 PAGODA  
Post #154656818th Oct 2015 9:09 am
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Perhaps the footballer does not have car insurance so would be self-paying in any case.
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #154657418th Oct 2015 9:20 am
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I am with NFU mutual and you can chose if you wish to go to any glass repairer but at a higher excess than if you use their nominated one ( Autoglass) . Because of the issues I had with Autoglass they agreed I could use local LR dealer with the lower excess.

Post #154659618th Oct 2015 10:13 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >