Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Orange T Shaped Power Connector
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Orange T Shaped Power Connector

I am trying to tap in to a 12V power source at the rear of the car and don't want to mess with the loom, so was hoping to add a T between the existing orange T shaped power connector and the back of the Auxiliary socket. Unfortunately, the simple T shaped 2 pole connectors I bought do not fit. The existing LR orange ones are non symmetrical.

Can anyone let me know the part number or a source for male and female versions of these connectors, together with terminals. As shown in Wiggs' photo in this thread:http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic38563.html?highlight=connector+rear+power+socket

Post #14040458th Jan 2015 11:49 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

What connectors did you buy?

I have got some plugs and sockets which I know fit the front aux socket/cigarette lighter, I have supplied these as part of a retrofit heated steering loom to some from here Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #14040729th Jan 2015 12:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Inigo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I bought some like these:
http://www.autosparks.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4888
But actually from Vehicle Wiring Products.

I bought your HSWPLUG for my heated wheel upgrade, which I didn't end up using. I guess the plugs you are talking about are for the far end of that cable.

If you had a couple of male/female pairs spare together with terminals, I would be interested in buying them from you.

Post #14040799th Jan 2015 12:27 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Well, that shape is what I have used albeit not that exact plug, I use latching ones. The socket (spade housing) is the same though.

I don't know why you've had problems, unless for some strange reason the aux socket is different to all the others or the D4 is different Sad

Post #14040879th Jan 2015 12:34 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Inigo

I noticed the VWP male and female latch with each other, but not with the orange LR connector.

I haven't fitted the terminals yet, so perhaps there will be enough friction on the terminals themselves to hold everything in place. It was just when I was examining the orange connector, I noticed that the vertical part of the T was off centre, so began to panic. If you have been using these successfully, I'll give it a go, maybe just tape/heatshrink the plugs together to keep them secure.

I've been having mare with various LR connectors not being quite how Topix thinks they should be so have possible become overly paranoid. Thanks for the reassurance.

Post #14040979th Jan 2015 12:45 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

The terminals in the orange connector will "latch" onto your spades, assuming your spades have the small hole in the blade part).

If you feel it's misaligned then don't force it or try to bodge it together.

Can you get a pic of your orange connector so I can compare it against what I've got?

Post #14040999th Jan 2015 12:49 am
Inigo

My terminals don't have the small hole, perhaps I should have bought from Autosparks
Click image to enlarge

End view of connector:
Click image to enlarge

Can't really see from that angle, but the vertical part is definitely more over to the left rather than central.

Side view:
Click image to enlarge

Post #14041109th Jan 2015 1:42 am
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

OK, don't worry about the shape of the housing, it is supposed to be slightly off-centre due to the shape of the receptacle (female spade) terminal inside.

Ideally the male spade should have holes in but it will work OK without Smile

The connectors you have got should work fine Thumbs Up

Post #14041129th Jan 2015 1:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >