Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

siiiiiiiiigh
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Sion

Wales 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Don't give up. Mine is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Can't imagine going back to something less practical now.

It's pot luck with cars. I had a BMW118d with 40k on the clock when I bought it. Cost me a fortune over 2 years. All sorts of things went wrong. Cost me £1200 over 2 months once when ABS, TC, and other things went wrong.

Post #14027277th Jan 2015 12:51 pm
Twintorque

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

It's not that same though regardless of original purchase cost Bob, my 7 series costs me very little in maintenance ( oh I've really done it now...) and was more expensive than the Disco new.

Doz you need to take into account what does the Phaeton weigh, how much articulation is there in the suspension, is it the 4 wheel drive version ? Those points aside it's a vehicle design to do a single task the same as my 7, not one that is capable of being not only a smooth quiet comfortable 'car', or indeed a 7 seater people carrier, but also an absolutely superb off road vehicle not even mentioning the fact it can tow 3.5 tonnes.

As I said it'll be little consolation but it's a vehicle that needs maintenance due to it's design to allow it to be so versatile, and if they're the original arms then it's (IMHO) absolutely NOT premature failure 7 years down the line, especially if you don't know what it's previous life was in terms of off-road or towing. Same for the alternator, bushes and bearings wear, they are consumable items and the Disco is a fairly heavy electrical consumer. Fingers crossed once you get these bits replaced you'll be good for many miles, with regular checks of course ! Wink

Post #14027617th Jan 2015 1:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >