Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
therealboss

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Comusat wrote:
try here
http://nanocom.blackbox-solutions.com/inde...rship-form

That did the job, thanks.

Will try tomorrow to use box 11 and let you know how I get on.

I guess BBS SPY is from Blackbox, if this is the case it would have been nice if he had suggested that check what box I had entered the unlock code in and to ask if I had the key in pos 1 or 2. But in this day and age I don't expect such good service, its sad, but it is just the way things are now.

Just goes to show, forum members offer much better support than the equipment supplier, just shows you the way are theses days.

Thanks again lads for your suggestions, I will keep you updated.
 Dale

Mods to date.
D4 Rear Lights
Xenon Lights fitted & De-Tangoed
RAI, V8 Brake Upgrade, AMK Compressor
Beanie Grill
ProSpeed Roof Rack & Ladder
ProSpeed Tree/Rock Sliders
Disco3.co.uk Orange Sticker
ATR's Fitted
Club Blackvue 

Post #12675229th Apr 2014 11:20 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

jobster wrote:
For me this type of reply would have made me send the item back and ask for a full refund.

therealboss wrote:
I guess BBS SPY is from Blackbox, if this is the case it would have been nice if he had suggested that check what box I had entered the unlock code in and to ask if I had the key in pos 1 or 2. But in this day and age I don't expect such good service, its sad, but it is just the way things are now.

Just goes to show, forum members offer much better support than the equipment supplier, just shows you the way are theses days.

I agree that it was an utterly disappointing, confrontational and incorrect reply. The forum membership has indeed come to the rescue but not all the forum sponsors are so defensive and quite a few go above and beyond for the forum membership. There is also one diagnostic equipment manufacturer on here who thrives on the critique and feedback from end users and refines the product at every opportunity.

There is no such thing as a bad user!

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #126755010th Apr 2014 4:27 am
therealboss

Well to update, entered code into box 11 and all is well, shame it took a forum member to point me in the right direction and not the supplier.

Thank you all for helping me out.

As for black box I would like to suggest that they learn from this.

Thanks again.
 Dale

Mods to date.
D4 Rear Lights
Beanie Grill
ATR's Fitted
Club Blackvue 

Post #126760410th Apr 2014 9:47 am
Comusat

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up
Glad you're back up and running!
 Lee
D3 TDV6 HSE, Bonatti Grey, 7 Seats, Dual Climate, Heated F&R Seats & Screen, Fog's , Auto lights & Wipers, SAT NAV, Harmon Kardon, Cruise, many rattles, occasional leak
D2 3.9 V8 supposed to be Green, was mainly rust. Gone but not forgotten. 

Post #126761110th Apr 2014 10:00 am
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Hi Therealboss,

Initially allow me to apologise on Colin's and BBS' behalf for not directly answering your question in his initial response and furthermore for not addressing your issue in the most helpful or courteous of manners. He is out of the office today, hence my reply, but I'm sure he will be in contact. The reply was perhaps lured towards other disagreeable, for lack of a better word, comments following your initial post, unjustified nonetheless.

Despite our flaws, we do very much value what our customers, and even our competitors, have to say, and we most definitely do not take them for granted. Yes, mistakes have been made, we try to ensure they won't happen again. I do however hope that the majority of members on this forum feel the support offered by us meets their expectations and demands.

Regards

Christian
BBS Technical Manger

Post #126771210th Apr 2014 2:52 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Quote:
Well to update, entered code into box 11 and all is well, shame it took a forum member to point me in the right direction and not the supplier.

Is it me or do people not read the instructions, if the op has not followed the instructions what the hell has it to do with BB. You made a mistake not them, once you did it the right way it worked as advertised.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #126773510th Apr 2014 3:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
anjo14

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Beat me to it Flack, Thumbs Up

How many users do not read the instructions plus Nanocom have a good forum support site. Do not know why it was not posted on the site but instead posted on here.

Post #126774010th Apr 2014 3:57 pm
geoff.

England 

just to say everybody's is quick enough to moan when something is not right but not quick enough to praise when things go well so here my 2 pence worth

i was 300 miles away from home late friday afternoon and was looking like i might have to return home and cancel all my work i made a post on the BBS forum and 15 mins later i got a phone call from BBS who talked me through a few things to check and with that help got the MSV2 working again so Big thanks from me Thumbs Up

ps keep up the good work Chris/Ronnie Thumbs Up

Post #126776010th Apr 2014 4:36 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

300 Miles Geoff Shocked , bet you had vertigo that far north Rolling with laughter
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #126783110th Apr 2014 6:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

karpouzih wrote:
The reply was perhaps lured towards other disagreeable, for lack of a better word, comments following your initial post, unjustified nonetheless.

Regards

Christian
BBS Technical Manger

Well I hold my position that the fault message was utterly unhelpful and I still offer that my suggestion suits the situation better. Lets face it, in this instance it even confused Colin as to what it meant.

The performance and utility of any product is judged by the end user, not the manufacturer. Wise manufacturers consider all opinions and make an informed judgement on the way ahead. If this view is disagreeable or indeed you have already judged me disagreeable then so be it.

The forum exists to help each other and I do all I can to help as many as I can. I have no other agenda.

Thumbs Up
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #126784110th Apr 2014 7:09 pm
armalites

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Flack wrote:
Quote:

Is it me or do people not read the instructions, if the op has not followed the instructions what the hell has it to do with BB. You made a mistake not them, once you did it the right way it worked as advertised.

Flack Thumbs Up

I am with you Flack and it would have been fine had the response been "Read the instructions", it wasn't and what appeared to be more important was rebuking Robbie's comment.

I have had good support from BBS but I got my MSV Extreme with Disco2/Def TD5 Multi-vehicle license when they were quite new and after spending probably £750+ it didn't work and followed the correct process pointing what was wrong on the BBS forum. Firstly it was dead secondly it was incorrectly assembled and the instructions were stapled upside down. I got a proper dressing down over that I was almost made to feel I should be grateful for what got!

geoff. wrote:
just to say everybody's is quick enough to moan when something is not right but not quick enough to praise when things go well so here my 2 pence worth

i was 300 miles away from home late friday afternoon and was looking like i might have to return home and cancel all my work i made a post on the BBS forum and 15 mins later i got a phone call from BBS who talked me through a few things to check and with that help got the MSV2 working again so Big thanks from me Thumbs Up

You must be in the inner circle Rolling with laughter , On the two occasions where my MSV2 Extreme stopped working completely I never got a phone call.

I have had good support from BBS but I have also had experiences that were not so good. The screen stopped working on my Extreme quite some time a go which completely negates the fact that it's an Extreme but having done it twice before I am living with it instead of sending it back.

Post #126787010th Apr 2014 8:11 pm
karpouzih
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 

Hi Robbie,

I do disagree the message was utterly unhelpful, in fact it narrowed the problem down quite significantly. I do also have to say your suggestion of

'The vehicle identity check has failed as at least 2 vehicle ECUs are not correctly registered to this vehicle. Please contact the friendly support team at xxxxx'

is again not actually much better, as although we are super friendly, leaves the end user in exactly the same situation as before. The first port of call should be our forums, we do state this. Not taking anything away from D3 forums, proven time and time again as an excellent source for information and help, as indeed in this case.

As you said, "Wise manufacturers consider all opinions and make an informed judgement on the way ahead.", we do indeed consider all opinions, and try to the best of our abilities to make informed judgements on the way ahead. For example, your suggestion to inform the customer to, once again, contact us each time an error is encountered is spot on, and a great suggestion.

Please do not misunderstand what i said regarding "a disagreeable comment", it was said in the most delicate of ways, precisely to avoid such a rebuttal. I neither said your views are disagreeable, nor have I judged you as such. From what I gather you are a person with a wealth of knowledge and precisely what this forum needs. I do however believe a first response to a problem post from a forum member should be helpful and not opinionated. The response from Tank for example, would have been much more constructive.

Regards

Chris

Post #126787110th Apr 2014 8:12 pm
jobster

Netherlands 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

geoff. wrote:

ah, see another faulty product! Or didn't you read the manual either? Very Happy
 RLD Sump Guard
GVIF & rear camera
New FBH via Dan
BAS Remap with IIDTool

Post #126787410th Apr 2014 8:13 pm
geoff.

England 

ah another jump on the BBS band wagon Thud

FYI ive had my m/v MSV2 for about 4 years and its done pretty well so don't really need to read the manual Rolling with laughter

Post #126789410th Apr 2014 8:32 pm
therealboss

I would like to point out a few things here as it was me that started this post.

My post was not complaining about BB or the product, I hold my hands up, I just plugged it in and it didn't work and it was my fault. I should have read the manual but didn't as I have been using my nanocom with my D2 almost since it came out. (thought using it on the D3 would be the same).

My post was ONLY asking a question on the off chance that a forum member had seen the error before, I was in no hurry to have an answer. I'm away on holiday in the UK and wanted to plug in the nanocom to see if there were any error messages on the D3 as I have just bought it.

Didn't want to start something, but I did feel that the reply I got from BBS Spy was of no help to me what so ever and no reply would have been better.

Like I said all I asked was "Anyone know how to sort this out! " to me a simple question, I couldn't read the manual as at the time I got the message I was parked in the co=op carpark in Peacehaven. Once I had internet I could have gone to BB website but thought I would ask in the forum here and if I needed to I would have waited until I get back home from my holiday and would have mailed BB direct.

karpouzih, thank you for coming back to me, its all sorted now and lets hope we can all learn something from this.

As far as I'm concerned the matter is closed.
 Dale

Mods to date.
D4 Rear Lights
Beanie Grill
ATR's Fitted
Club Blackvue 

Post #126804310th Apr 2014 11:37 pm