Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

USB to RCA / Phono connection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Stu

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I've already got a DVD player in and working, but I want to neaten the whole solution and use the interface at the front of the car to control the menu etc for the DVD. Otherwise the kids are sitting looking at the menu screen and not ble to control it as the DVD player is in the middle cubby. If I can control it from the front then SWMBO can get the DVD playing from the front screen and then we can go back to Navigation or music on it while the kids watch the DVD.

To be honest I was going to wire the DVD player into the front screen, which is easily done, but then I saw that the software I am using for the Carputer can be output different things to different monitors I thought that it might be a slicker and neater solution.
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #57984312th Jan 2010 7:01 pm
Stu

Richard - Keep meaning to ask, but that is you in your Avatar photo isn't it? It looks like you but the hair makes it difficult to focus on anything else! Whistle
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Expo Rack, Club MTR, LR Spots, A Bar, Light Guards, GNVP Sump Guard, GNVP Ladder, Cup Holders, RLD A Bar brackets. Disco3Club stickers, Aux power on Mod 

Post #57984412th Jan 2010 7:02 pm
xtc

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I was a little younger then.. Embarassed
 Off Roading is OK.... But I'd rather be Boating!  
Post #57985012th Jan 2010 7:06 pm
pom

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

you will need to pull the sound from the pc phono out socket. Otherwise you could use a usb sound box

pom

Post #57986912th Jan 2010 7:30 pm
Stu

Getting sound out isn't an issue but getting two different lots of sound out to two different places is a different matter.

I currently use my 3.5mm output to go into the car's Aux input so I use the carputer for my MP3's etc. I want to keep that, but I also want the sound and video from my DVD drive to go out through to the phono connection that i will be using for the rear two screens. I'm not sure if this will be possible. I think I might have to ask Centrafuse as they produce the software that I am using to control all of this. I might just be trying to over complicate this for only a small benefit.

my front screen allows me to have two inputs so maybe I will just use one input for the existing DVD player and the other for the carputer, then it is easy to swap when required.

Although we do have some USB sound cards at work so I could use one of them to prodive an additional sound card, if the software will allow me to specify what source is output where.

Interesting and confusing!
 D3 HSE MY05 Auto

Post #57987512th Jan 2010 7:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >