Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Veyron VC-RRSP Reversing Camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
TdV6Pete

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

iand3
Where did you get your camera and linked screen from then? or if i look on the bay of e, what do i need to be looking for?

Could I give you a bell sometime to try and work out how its done etc?
 2inch Lift, 33inch Cooper STTs, Wheel Spacers, Hidden Champion 9000lbs Winch with recovery points, Full Underbody Protection including Rear Bumper Guard, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, 4x4 screen enabled and Sat Nav on the move (thanks to Bodsy), Discreet LED roof lights, LED work light, BAS Re-map and EGR's blanked, V8 Brake upgrade with Grooved, Drilled and Slotted Brakes, Halo Fog Lamps, Roof Rack, 240V Inverter, CB radio and finally a Swing away wheel carrier with Hi-Lift mount...  
Post #11267304th Jul 2013 2:12 pm
TdV6Pete

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

this is what i had in mind, although only need 1 camera i guess unless i had one pointing backwards and one at the tow ball?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-4-3-Car-L...51ae4db674

oooo, bubbling with excitment and the possibilites, and i bet i do none of them lol
 2inch Lift, 33inch Cooper STTs, Wheel Spacers, Hidden Champion 9000lbs Winch with recovery points, Full Underbody Protection including Rear Bumper Guard, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, 4x4 screen enabled and Sat Nav on the move (thanks to Bodsy), Discreet LED roof lights, LED work light, BAS Re-map and EGR's blanked, V8 Brake upgrade with Grooved, Drilled and Slotted Brakes, Halo Fog Lamps, Roof Rack, 240V Inverter, CB radio and finally a Swing away wheel carrier with Hi-Lift mount...  
Post #11267334th Jul 2013 2:15 pm
flydive

Switzerland 

TdV6Pete wrote:
right ok.

next question then... You have wired it up so when you select reverse it sends power to the camera. I am after that, but also when going forward as I am doing it for when i have a spare wheel fitted to the back which will reduce alot of the view. Im guessing a simple swtich in the cab would mean the camera comes on instead of the sat nav should I want it on while traveling?

This is how I wired mine.

It comes on automatically when selecting reverse.

I can turn it on with a switch when going forward(screen switches automatically)

Click image to enlarge

Post #11267624th Jul 2013 3:11 pm
Tufty

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

TDV6Pete

Have you looked at DiscoBizz's mod guide using the hidden screen menu? Doesn't automaticaly switch on with reverse though.

Have a plough through here.

I'm not bothered about autoswitching for that camera as I only use it for hitching up. Although I might add a normal number plate reverseing camera aswell?

Also have a search as there has been quite a few threads on the reversing camera topic

Post #11269824th Jul 2013 9:33 pm
2929twin

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

I`ve yet to do this mod to Disco, but have just put 2 cameras on back of our iveco van [with no rear view mirror]. 1 on roof looking down to tow ball and the other in number plate housing for straight parking with lines on camera. Screen unit mounted on home made plate, fixed to bracket for mirror factory fitted presumably for mini buses or vans with glass in rear doors. Power to both cameras and screen taken from interior light circuit, video cables back to screen. Screen has power button to enable and button to switch between cameras. Didn`t bother with reverse connection. Reverse to and under trailer hitch first time every time now. No banging and shouting from irate son like before, to-ing and fro-ing trying to guess what his arm waving meant. Got all the bits to do disco, but I know the wiring runs will be more testing than running all in plastic conduit at roof height like the van.

Post #11270224th Jul 2013 10:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >