Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Sat nav problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Patroltodisco

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Sat nav problems

Hi everyone new to the forum just bought myself a 2008 d3 se with 81000 on the clock I have been a nissan patrol fan for the last 4 years. just had a fourth child arrive hence the disco and I'm thrilled with it but I do have a problem with the sat nav
I have owned it about a week now and when I picked it up the screen said please insert a map DVD when the DVD was in the box so I ignored it and made my way home when 10 minute into the journey I looked at the screen and it was displaying where I was and e roads around me then I looked at it again and it said please insert map DVD again

When I got home I cleaned the disc and inserted it back into the box under the passenger seat and now it says the DVD installed is not a map DVD
I know the disc works as I have tried it in my brother in laws disco I tried his disc in my car and it says the same thing
So before I go forking out for a second hand box is there anything I can do to it to try and fix it or is it just bite the bullet and buy another 1
Any help or info would be much appreciated thanks guys

Post #112488330th Jun 2013 3:56 pm
geoff.

England 

try a hard reset link below

http://www.disco3.co.uk/wiki/Hard_Reset

Post #112488530th Jun 2013 4:09 pm
Patroltodisco

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thanks Geoff will try tomorrow and let you know how I get on loving the site everything you would ever want to know cheers

Post #11250861st Jul 2013 12:24 am
Patroltodisco

Hi Geoff tried the hard reset this evening and no change I tried putting a disc cleaner and what I noticed was a clicking noise and I could see the red laser light inside the box flicker in time with the clicking if that's makes sense also I tried unplugging the all the cables and connecting them back but still the same I just says Disc installed is not a map DVD would there be anyone to repair this or to open it up and take a look or should I just get another box
Thanks again

Post #11270544th Jul 2013 11:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >