United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3
Veyron VC-RRSP Reversing Camera

Anybody tried this before?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Veyron-VC-RRSP-R...vi-content

Post #11259843rd Jul 2013 12:02 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

You'll still need a gvif unit to get the camera to show on the screen......
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #11259873rd Jul 2013 12:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Xternalhunter

Very valid point yeah - worth the hassle? Was looking into other options like using an ipad screen as that might be easier, perhaps with a wifi camera

Post #11259903rd Jul 2013 12:47 am
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Rolling Eyes well over the top on price .....

I fitted one of these several years ago and its still going strong today , others on here have also . Currently to be had on the bay of e for circa £20 which is about what I paid originally .

Thumbs Up

Post #11260213rd Jul 2013 7:43 am
Cam-Tech-Craig

United Kingdom 2015 LR4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyLR4

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAL-Car-Reverse-...35c8ab0ad3

Thumbs Up
 15.5MY XS in Corris Grey with Black & Almond leather  
Post #11260373rd Jul 2013 8:21 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Xternalhunter

Bow down Cheers 'en fellas

Ha I fell for the marketing as I though the others looked a bit cheap and tacky, I've bought some cameras from Ebay before and they've performed fine, just always been naff quality- but I guess you dont really need anything too fancy.

I might wire up my ipad then to the dash with a custom dock to just mount it in when I get in the car, and let the screen pop up on that :/

Is the gvif installation a mission?

Post #11261933rd Jul 2013 1:19 pm
TdV6Pete

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I looked into this a while ago and backed out. now looking again, but I cant remember what people said. With these 'cheap' cameras, does it give you the reversing lines? and do they turn at all?
Im guessing the camera doesnt do this its the softwear on the GVIF unit or in the car. If thats the case, do you need a certain GVIF unit or not?
Thanks
 2inch Lift, 33inch Cooper STTs, Wheel Spacers, Hidden Champion 9000lbs Winch with recovery points, Full Underbody Protection including Rear Bumper Guard, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, 4x4 screen enabled and Sat Nav on the move (thanks to Bodsy), Discreet LED roof lights, LED work light, BAS Re-map and EGR's blanked, V8 Brake upgrade with Grooved, Drilled and Slotted Brakes, Halo Fog Lamps, Roof Rack, 240V Inverter, CB radio and finally a Swing away wheel carrier with Hi-Lift mount...  
Post #11265944th Jul 2013 11:18 am
simoniz

TdV6Pete

On my install in a base 7 D3 its straight connection to the aftermarket Multimedia unit - screen displays camera input when reverse selected. Shows a grid courtesy of the camera itself , not additional trickery required.

Thumbs Up

Post #11265974th Jul 2013 11:26 am
TdV6Pete

right ok.

next question then... You have wired it up so when you select reverse it sends power to the camera. I am after that, but also when going forward as I am doing it for when i have a spare wheel fitted to the back which will reduce alot of the view. Im guessing a simple swtich in the cab would mean the camera comes on instead of the sat nav should I want it on while traveling?
 2inch Lift, 33inch Cooper STTs, Wheel Spacers, Hidden Champion 9000lbs Winch with recovery points, Full Underbody Protection including Rear Bumper Guard, Rock Sliders, Snorkel, 4x4 screen enabled and Sat Nav on the move (thanks to Bodsy), Discreet LED roof lights, LED work light, BAS Re-map and EGR's blanked, V8 Brake upgrade with Grooved, Drilled and Slotted Brakes, Halo Fog Lamps, Roof Rack, 240V Inverter, CB radio and finally a Swing away wheel carrier with Hi-Lift mount...  
Post #11265994th Jul 2013 11:30 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

if you fit a GVIF unit, then just wire the camera in so it comes on with ignition instead of with the reverse only. Then have an AV splitter to send the video signal from the camera to both the reverse cam input on the GVIF and one of the AV inputs. You cna then switch the relevant AV on the GVIF with either the remote or the small switch you situation (usually) within reach o f the driver. Either behind the EPB switch or nect to the 12v sockets or on the H trim etc.
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #11266044th Jul 2013 11:32 am
simoniz

Guess I am lucky that having the aftermarket unit I can and have wired the AV output of the camera to be both reversing inputs and aux inputs so can have either at the touch of the screen - no GVIF necessary Smile .

Looking at fitting a camera on the front also so can have forward or reverse views ...

Post #11266304th Jul 2013 11:53 am
TdV6Pete

simoniz wrote:
Looking at fitting a camera on the front also so can have forward or reverse views ...

or look out the windscreen Rolling with laughter
Post #11266804th Jul 2013 1:04 pm
iand3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I looked into the wifi camera option for use with my tablet, but they don't seem to make one thats outdoor proof, isn't a daft bright colour or that would mount easily.

So i went for a rear view mirror kit off ebay for about £50. It contains rear camera (with lines) a 2.4Ghz transmitter and receiver and the 7 inch colour display with two AV inputs.

See my gallery

Wired it into the sidelights as it was hard to get wires from the top boot door to the trailer socket wiring. Its all housed behind one of the number plate lights.
 Current: D3 TDV6 S; GGAT's, DIY 7inch Tablet mount, DIY Reversing Camera, Stage 1 remap, EGR delete

Previous: Freelander TD4, D2 V8, D1 TDI, Series 3 Petrol plus Numerous performance cars! 

Post #11266854th Jul 2013 1:10 pm
TdV6Pete

see I have thought about getting a kit which has just a camera and then a screen, removing the rear view mirror and mounting a small screen in place. Not sure if it would work, but could be a money saving idea. (unless anyone can think of a reason it wouldnt work?
Post #11266914th Jul 2013 1:16 pm
iand3

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

As in rear view camera to see behind instead of using the mirror? I guess it could work but you wouldn't be able to see the bumper/towbar at the same time (which is what mine is for)

Mine just uses the reflection of the screen as the mirror. Pretty effective and takes away any glare
 Current: D3 TDV6 S; GGAT's, DIY 7inch Tablet mount, DIY Reversing Camera, Stage 1 remap, EGR delete

Previous: Freelander TD4, D2 V8, D1 TDI, Series 3 Petrol plus Numerous performance cars! 

Post #11266924th Jul 2013 1:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >