Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Faults & Fixes (D3)

[Electrical] Suspension Height Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 16 <123 ... 567 ... 141516>
welshery

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Height Suspension Problem

Hi and thanks for that. I will have a look at the link too. Best wishes.
 Very fed up Land Rover Discovery driver.....  
Post #7158519th Jul 2006 8:30 pm
welshery

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Suspension Height Fault

Hi again chaps, sorry but I am new to this. What do you mean by an enhancement program? Best wishes.
Post #7158919th Jul 2006 8:37 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

start here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post63431.html#63431 and keep reading Wink

Post #7159119th Jul 2006 8:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
welshery

Suspension Height Fault

Brilliant link - many thanks. I will let you know how I get on after tomorrow's visit to the dealership. Best wishes.
Post #7159319th Jul 2006 8:51 pm
Ian Cowling

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3
Discovery Suspension repairs

My suspension repairs (10 days with the dealer) were all within the 3 year warranty. Recently a broken CD/Radio button was sorted with a complete CD/Radio replacement in the second year.

Post #7171420th Jul 2006 11:27 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
welshery

Height Suspension Fault

Hi got my landrover discovery back today after been at the dealership for two days. Its working perfectly once again and yes, they already had a note of the enhancement program requirements when I arrived there yesterday with the car. I had to sign the worksheet and it was listed as one of the work requirements. Have driven 82 miles in it today and no problems and no warning lights coming on either. However, I would like to thank you for your help in this matter and to the owner of the site, thank you for enabling such a helplful site for the general public's use. Its wonderful and I shall be back if there is a next time, or if I want to have a ramble through your files for assistance. Best wishes and once again thanks.
Post #7217721st Jul 2006 6:22 pm
10forcash

Welshery....don't just come back if you have problems - stick around, you might get to like it Very Happy

Glad you got sorted though Thumbs Up

Post #7218221st Jul 2006 6:37 pm
TheWelshOne

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Re: Suspension Height Failure

Shocked had mine a week and it's been back for a suspension fault - reset today by landrover?
 Griff  
Post #7219621st Jul 2006 8:40 pm
10forcash

Hi Griff,
What were the symptoms (apart from the warning light coming on and a message on the display)? did the suspension lower / refuse to raise / freeze?

Post #7219721st Jul 2006 8:43 pm
RS15

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
suspension movement

Hi folks,
got a 2 mth old HSE ( great car but...)
randomly when stopping car, engine off and closing door - rear suspension seems to vent "air" and drop by about 1 inch. Happens approx 50% of time. Has also appeared to happen when driving ( once stationary and once very slow speed). Been to dealer for software patch - no change.
2nd visit to dealer 'no fault found' as no warning lights, no diagnostic info and no 'memory' faults logged.
Promise I'm NOT MAKEING IT UP!! obviously no confidence that this will not happen at speed.

Any ideas or similar problems??
Dealer just says 'computer says no!'
£45k car - not happy!

Post #7979321st Aug 2006 3:35 pm
10forcash

the Disco3 'fart' is normal, as is self levelling when stationary with the engine running, such as when at traffic lights etc. Not sure how you would sense it lowering when moving, but the system is an active one and will move air around to achieve best-case level all the time.

hope this helps Wink

Post #7979621st Aug 2006 3:40 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

You can sense this at traffic lights sometimes if you pull up too hard... the back drops and you feel like a gust of wind has moved the car - best I can describe it.

As TFC says... its normal if a bit disconcerting sometimes.

-s

Post #7980021st Aug 2006 3:48 pm
Sean

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Suspension Height Failure

Spooky, my suspension failed on me yesterday, rang dealer in bishop stortford, told me they can have a look on friday, 3 days time, told them no thank you, rang chelmsford dealer reluctantly and they called out LR assistance to me who arrived four hours later and recovered the car, gave me a jaguar to use until mine is repaired, got a call this afternoon to say it was ready for collection, took about 24 hrs from reporting to repair, that is bloody good in anyones book, well done Lookers at Hadleigh, not Chelmsford. Sadly this is the first time this has happened on my car, air suspension failures on my previous Range Rover was the reason that we parted company, every time it went worng it cost me £1000-00. Mainly due to misdiagnosis by morons. If this starts playing up on my car then we will part company well before the warranty expires and it will definately be my last dealings with Land Rover. Shame really because I was looking at a Sport as my next purchase. Confused Confused
 70,000 MILES AND COUNTING  
Post #13406028th Feb 2007 4:53 pm
santinimarco

Italy 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
suspension fault

hi,
i have bought my disco the 24 of april, less then 2000 km today but i always have problems with pneumatic suspension.
The car will start ok but as soon as i press the brake pedal i get amber light from brakeand message like gearchange malfunction, hdc not usable, special program off, suspension lower setting and amber light for car lowered, then afther some restart the car will run ok.
I have been to the dealer twice but the fault was not eliminated.
Anyone can help me???

Saluti
Marco

Post #15657712th May 2007 8:30 am
Jara

Czech Republic 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3
Re: suspension fault

I had the same problem. Car computer displayed: HDC fault - Special program Off - Suspension lowered. Reason was faulty trigger switch on brake pedal. After change all is OK.

Post #19296922nd Aug 2007 1:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 16 <123 ... 567 ... 141516>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >