DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Suspension - Dealer doesn't believe me
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
DrLex

Iceland 

Coffeecup wrote:
Alex,
However, if threads are constantly being created that don't relate to the main premise of DISCO3, then I guess Martin will be the one to take the axe to them.

Personally what I would like to see is moderation in all responses (which does I feel happen in the main), whether on Topic or off. Therefore no party involved (including lurkers) is diswaded from being part of this Forum, or from coming forward with comments and input.

With you there, bro'. As to the first sentence, see Martin's thoughts on this page (if you haven't already): http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.ph...p;start=30
 Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana

Member of Club Med Sucks 

Post #1175713th Aug 2005 5:31 pm
Neil R

I Have the info to help you fix this

Hi Guys

me again just popped back from the RRS site and seen this post, if you are still have this fault then please contact me as i can help, my first D3 suffered from this fault and as the dealer couldnt isolate the fault they replaced the car FOC they then finally fix it 6 months after the delivery date which was also 3 months after the exchange..

any hello again and PM me if you need me

PS havent looked back since swoping over to the RRS...100% fault free and loving it.

Neil
 2005 Java Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 HS (GONE)
Stormer wheels, SC Grills, Tow pack,PTI,Adaptive lights,Useless coolerbox (GONE)

2010 RRS HSE Santorini/Ivory TDV8 Overfinch'd 

Post #1196014th Aug 2005 9:48 pm
Coffeecup

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Just a quick update on my sinking suspension.

Took my D3 to a different dealers today (who were also doing my 15,000 service). They took great interest in what I had to say, and asked lots of relevant questions when I dropped it off.

Picked the vehicle up tonight and they feel they have solved the problem, but... if they haven't please bring it back with as much information as possible and we will check it out further for you. Good attitude, top marks from me.

What they found on testbook was loads of errors - The print out was about 15 pages long. All seemed to centre on there having been a voltage drop at some time relating to the transfer box. They have done a software download relating to the transfer box - after first clearing all the other errors.

The first question I was asked after I was told the work that had been done (before I could say anything) was... how has the vehicle been driving, have you found it wallowing a bit... sort of seasick inducing. Well unless my dealer reads this Forum and has identified that the car was mine he won't have prior knowledge that indeed shortly after we got the D3 littlest Coffeecup was sick in it (and continues to be unless wearing her braclets). Thinking back now the wallowing car feeling seemed to start about the time I discovered the D3 sank overnight, but as it was all new to me at the time I didn't connect the two issues.

So....

I'd like to say the ride has improved and it feels firmer than when I drove it there this morning, but I can't for sure yet (traffic home tonight wasn't very helpful that way). Will see later when I go out, whether Mrs Coffeecup sees and improvement.

I'll keep you posted.

Coffeecup

Tonga Green March 2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green - Manual
Stornoway Grey May 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey - Auto
Tonga Green Dec 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green - Auto 

Post #214484th Oct 2005 8:10 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

My D3's going into the dealers this week and LR are coming down to check out my suspension as I'm now regularly experiencing the amber suspension warning and feel too that mine wallows. It's hard to describe whether it does or doesn't from the drivers seat but passengers suggested over the weekend that it was wallowing, and I had all 7 seats full.

When I had a loan D3 the other week the ride felt much firmer and hopefully too mine will ride as such soon. I just hope that LR can resolve. This was planned initially to be done last week but as you may know it wasn't a suitable time. I needed my D3 for the Friday, see my photo galley!! and on that day it behaved itself, although all other days it faulted-spooky or what Shocked

Whilst my D3's in this week, and I'm in and around London for the remainder of the week, I'm having another load D3 from my dealers. So hopefully I can notice the difference in ride. Also, whilst my D3's in they're going to replace the PDC ECU and change the software etc... as I nudged a wall (very gently) last week as they PDC didn't switch on Embarassed

My dealers have continued to be great and have kept me informed every step of the way and always tried their best to resolve every little whim of mine. I cannot commend them highly enough, but even they this time cannot work out why I'm plagued by suspension faults. If they and the LR chappie resolve this I will be mightly impressed and ALL my faults will have been vanquished Very Happy

Post #214544th Oct 2005 8:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Coffeecup

Latest news...

..........It didn't sink

For the first time really since I got my D3, I have come out this morning and not found it sat down on its bump-stops. Last night was only a short park-time, as home late and out early, so I won't know for sure how it is behaving until I can leave it parked-up for longer. However... It does genuinely seem that it hasn't sunk Smile

Coffeecup

Post #215245th Oct 2005 8:52 am
Nickhearne

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Coffeecup wrote:

The first question I was asked after I was told the work that had been done (before I could say anything) was... how has the vehicle been driving, have you found it wallowing a bit... sort of seasick inducing. Well unless my dealer reads this Forum and has identified that the car was mine he won't have prior knowledge that indeed shortly after we got the D3 littlest Coffeecup was sick in it (and continues to be unless wearing her braclets). Thinking back now the wallowing car feeling seemed to start about the time I discovered the D3 sank overnight, but as it was all new to me at the time I didn't connect the two issues.

Smell, may be?
 Range Rover Sport Estate 2.0 P400e Hse Dynamic Black
D4 HSE Santorini Black
Almond Arabica hide & Walnut trim Now sold
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE
Zambezi Silver Ebony leather Now sold 

Post #215285th Oct 2005 9:30 am
BN

England 

Big Al wrote:
My D3's going into the dealers this week and LR are coming down to check out my suspension as I'm now regularly experiencing the amber suspension warning and feel too that mine wallows. It's hard to describe whether it does or doesn't from the drivers seat but passengers suggested over the weekend that it was wallowing, and I had all 7 seats full.

When I had a loan D3 the other week the ride felt much firmer and hopefully too mine will ride as such soon. I just hope that LR can resolve. This was planned initially to be done last week but as you may know it wasn't a suitable time. I needed my D3 for the Friday, see my photo galley!! and on that day it behaved itself, although all other days it faulted-spooky or what Shocked

Whilst my D3's in this week, and I'm in and around London for the remainder of the week, I'm having another load D3 from my dealers. So hopefully I can notice the difference in ride. Also, whilst my D3's in they're going to replace the PDC ECU and change the software etc... as I nudged a wall (very gently) last week as they PDC didn't switch on Embarassed

My dealers have continued to be great and have kept me informed every step of the way and always tried their best to resolve every little whim of mine. I cannot commend them highly enough, but even they this time cannot work out why I'm plagued by suspension faults. If they and the LR chappie resolve this I will be mightly impressed and ALL my faults will have been vanquished Very Happy

The main problem BigAl is that it taken such a long time to correct things that really should not go wrong. Are you dealing with LRCS direct or still the dealer?

Post #215385th Oct 2005 9:57 am
Coffeecup

Latest update with my D3 sinking, which the Dealer thought they had fixed.... It still Sinks - just slower than before.

Prevous to the visit to the dealer it would sink from road height to Access height in about 5 hours, now it takes about 12 Crying or Very sad

Coffeecup

Post #222859th Oct 2005 11:07 pm
Big Al

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Mine CAME back, although only for the morning. LRCS had worked upon my D3 over the week, and changed all the various suspension valves etc... but after collecting mine on Saturday morning, within 1/2 hour same failure. In fact it now fails more frequently, and even now when stationary Evil or Very Mad so a call back to my dealers, and I've now their loan D3 for the rest of the week.

Shame really since I really believed that LRCS would easily be able to rectify my duff suspension. Every other part of my D3 is functioning superbly, and my dealeer sorted out the PDC issue no problems. Very unhappy and now considering rejecting my D3 as if LRCS cannot resolve there is little chance full stop. I'm giving them until the end of the week then I've already informed the MD of the dealer, who has been fantastic and most accommodating, to take up with LR regarding a replacement vehicle. I will want a cast iron statement from LR if they resolve within the week if they can and do rectify my suspension. My D3 has been in/out of the dealers on a weekly regular basis and in total the mileage upon it must be half down to them! I don't wish to be difficult or nasty, especially since my dealership and MD have been fantastic but LR need now to provide me with a vehicle which I can relie upon completely. This is my 2nd replacement D3, as the 1st suffered BIG time regarding electronics BUT at least that one didn't suffer from any suspension faults.

Time will tell, all I want is a D3 that completely works Smile When it is working there is no better vehicle, but the faults are inexcuseable, especially when LRCS cannot fix and actually make matters worse than before they worked upon it.

Post #222909th Oct 2005 11:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Coffeecup

Latest news on my Sinking D3.

It went to the dealers on Monday - booked in for 2 days to replace the Radiator Expansion bottle (Low Coolant warning) and sort out why it sinks when parked up for several hours (find it at Access height first thing in the morning). Given a Freelander (keep hitting my head getting in and out).

Phoned them up mid-day Tuesday, and was told the Expansion bottle was fixed and they were checking the suspension that afternoon - wonder what they did all day Monday. They suggested keeping my D3 overnight.

Call 5pm on Tuesday from Service Manager, wondering why my D3 was still with them and the Freelander booked out for another day. Seems the had not put enough detail on the work-sheet regarding suspension problem and had just done a test-book check (same as the first time the had it, I guess).

Eventually got a phone call on Thursday dinner time telling me they had indeed found the problem. It was a leaking pipe on or attached to the compressor. They have sent a request for a complete new Compressor and have given me my D3 back (which is great 'cause the Freelander was doing my head in - literally, and the boot space is not worth having).

They hope to have a new Compressor next week and plan to get it fitted one day by the end of the week. Watch this space.

Coffeecup

Post #2993326th Nov 2005 11:23 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Should have followed the advice I gave you in August, and the centre of sinking might have manifested itself somewhat sooner............

Post #2993926th Nov 2005 11:43 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Glad they (might) have sorted it, fingers crossed!
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #2994026th Nov 2005 11:44 pm
Coffeecup

Winger wrote:
Should have followed the advice I gave you in August, and the centre of sinking might have manifested itself somewhat sooner............
Tried that at Rockingham, but the water was too muddy to see the bubbles rising Embarassed

The technical explaination, is that the pipe/valve (whatever) doesn't leak for about the first hour. Then it starts, and gradually gets to being a quicker leak.

Coffeecup

Post #2997227th Nov 2005 3:23 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Coffeecup wrote:
Winger wrote:
Tried that at Rockingham, but the water was too muddy to see the bubbles rising Embarassed

The technical explaination, is that the pipe/valve (whatever) doesn't leak for about the first hour. Then it starts, and gradually gets to being a quicker leak.

Actually you went swimming at Tixover mate... still fresh in my memory and has to be the best DISCO3 get together moment to date !

Post #2998627th Nov 2005 5:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >