Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Wheels & Tyres

Winter tyres or not?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

We have tested Pirelli Scorpion vs Vredestein Win 4 Xtreme in all conditions, as have very many of our customers and a good few forum members over the last few years. I know our test's are not backed up by scientific instruments but we found a massive increase in performance in cold wet driving with the Wintrac above the Scorpion, in the snow and ice it's no contest.

As for dry and warmer conditions we found no massive decrease in stopping distances and in fact hardly at all. You drive to the abilty of tyres, condition and driver experience, a good driver will quickly get used to any increase in stopping distance (if any) with a winter tyre in the summer time, but it's not as easy with a summer tyre in the winter................I know which choice I would make if I only wanted one tyre all year round.

We say it's best to change but this is not everyones findings, if you and your insurance company are happy go the route that suites your needs.

We would like everyone to have a winter and a summer set of tyres.........as this would be great for business. Wink

This debate will run and run as it does at this time every year, we all have brains and will go the route that is best for your needs. Thumbs Up

We are always happy to help if we can and always advise what we think is best for you and your needs as we want you to come back next time you require tyres. Thumbs Up

Post #98975315th Oct 2012 7:17 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
flydive

Switzerland 

AJS4X4 wrote:
We would like everyone to have a winter and a summer set of tyres.........as this would be great for business. Wink

I do not think there is much of a difference there, cost at the end would be more or less the same with one or two sets of tyres.

Post #98982115th Oct 2012 11:03 am
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Or winter tyres on the front, summer on the rear... best of both worlds? Laughing

Post #98982715th Oct 2012 11:11 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >