Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

LR Assured Extended Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>
jonesy63

Location: Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to ...

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
LR Assured Extended Warranty

Hi Folks,
Just got some spam, um.. I mean advertising from LR. They now have the subject available. Looks like it is underwritten by Allianz. Two additional years and up to 200,000km is nice. 8)

Who is going to be the first to see how much they want for it? Twisted Evil

http://www.landrover.com/au/en/lr/owners/w..._term=here

Cheers,
Rob

Post #67448121st Jul 2010 7:31 am
rocmic

Australia 

Just rang Trivett Parramatta. Not too sure about it, they knew about the Allianz one that covers for the extra 60000 km. But they will look into it and email me details on both.
Will post results when I get them.
Cheers
Mike
 Si yo no tengo idea tampoco  
Post #67756929th Jul 2010 7:32 am
PerthDisco

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Nice find Jonesy63. This is interesting. Mine runs out in Nov and I have been investigating the Allianz product offered by the dealers which seems to range from $2500 upwards to $3300. There is a large markup for the dealer.

Interestingly you can buy it from any dealer so long as your car is still in warranty, so there is some ability to shop around - and the prices do differ dramatically.

Open information on the most competitive dealer will no doubt lead to healthy inquiry for that dealer from around Australia. We need a warranty TLO.

It will be bittersweet if the the current 3 year offering becomes 2 years which is a defacto price rise for the same thing!

Post #67764029th Jul 2010 10:23 am
Martin Krutli

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Extebded Warrantee

Indeed mot interesting. I've just asked my dealer what he knows about extended warantee and he's promised to come back to me with the dtails. He said he thought something new had just been releaseed by Landrover, so it will be interesting to hear.

Will keep you all posted when I hear more. My Disco runs out of warantee in Oct, so starting to get close.

CHeers,
Martin
 MY08 TDV6 SE. White/Alpaca. BFG265/65/18 At's
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.
Rasta Plate. 110L LRA long-range fuel tank. 

Post #67771529th Jul 2010 1:07 pm
WayneD

Location: Sydney Darwin ,Singapore, USA, UK and now country NSW

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

My extended warranty is 3 years 75k and cost $2394, through the steeler and with Allianz Very Happy
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #67772629th Jul 2010 1:36 pm
PerthDisco

Hi WayneD

What stealer? Lets gets some transparent pricing information up here so we can compare the value.

Post #67778729th Jul 2010 4:56 pm
WayneD

purnell Bros in Blakehurst (Sydney), but had to do a bit of haggling. Original quote was $2761. Obviously they have a bit to play with. I know that the life insurance boys get the first 12 months premium as commission.
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #67799630th Jul 2010 2:43 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There is abig sign at ALT LR advertising the warranty. S o I would think the dealers should have the details. Confused
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #67799930th Jul 2010 3:08 am
rocmic

Australia 

Trivett at Alexandria quoted me $2600 for the 2 year up to 200,000km Land Rover Warranty. There might be room to haggle, but I haven't started the process as yet.
They quoted $3590 for the Allainz 3 year 75,000 km Shocked
Cheers
Mike
 Si yo no tengo idea tampoco  
Post #67800530th Jul 2010 5:07 am
PerthDisco

Caver D3 - any chance of getting a quote for us? You might be able to negotiate a spotters fee if you know them well Very Happy

The question will be if and when the old Allianz deal drops or phases out for the new LR Allianz product.

I will add some from the West once I receive them.

Post #67800630th Jul 2010 5:19 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Would be part of new car sale I would suspect.

Rocmic has given an idea ifcost.

I would want to see the PDS though. Allianz is pretty good but if it is by Allince i would want to see the fine print.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #67800930th Jul 2010 5:32 am
PerthDisco

For the standard warranty the best I've been quoted so far is from Solitare Automotive of Adelaide;

A 36 month, 60,000 extended new car warranty - $2,565

The generic price (before discount) I have been quoted elsewhere is;

The standard price for 24mnth/50,000km is $3190.00 and 36mnth/75,000 is $3590.00

A friend of mine recently got the extended warranty from the 'Southern' WA stealer for his RR for $2700+GST

Seems to be quite a lot of difference out there.

Post #67813430th Jul 2010 1:44 pm
Dan W

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Commission on extended warr policy is about 50% so yes they do have room to move - for now.

If you are in Qld the dealers are about to lose commission on CTP insurance (they get a new business and trailing commission for up to 10 years on each renewal). Once they lose this income stream you can expect dealers to be less inclined to do deals on anything because they will have a genuine gap to make up.
 2012 MY13 SDV6 SE D4 Ipanema Sand with Almond leather
2012 TDI Passat - they reckon the DSG is crap, I reckon it's awesome
2010 MY11 Mitsubishi Challenger - Gone (it was a "Challenging Year")
2007 MY08 TDV6 SE - gone 

Post #67833530th Jul 2010 11:13 pm
WayneD

Have emailed the guy that did my extended warranty and asked if he could come back with a good price for a group buy. Lets see what happens.
Post #67838531st Jul 2010 9:51 am
WayneD

The LR extended warranty is indeed an Allianz backed warranty. The warranty is available for either 12 months or 24 months and only until the vehicle is below 200,000klm. The LR warranty also includes driver assist which I think is normally around $140.
Prices are 12 month warranty $2290 and 24 month $2620. I am told that as this is a new product there is not much room to move but could probably get around $200 off for group buy. How many that is I dont know probably 3 Laughing
Post #6790643rd Aug 2010 6:02 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >