DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

LR Assured Extended Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Martin Krutli

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Extended Warrantee

Hi All,

Well just got a pricee from Soliaire Motors (the SA Dealers) today. They were at pains to say they don't know a lot about the warantee yet as they are still being trained, however were able to quote figures:
12 mths / 200,000km - $1,290
24 mths / 200,000km - $1,620

So seems like a pretty good price compared to what everyone else has mentioned so far. I believe it is with Allianz and they will send me policy information as soon as they have it.

The really interesting question is whether Allianz still offer their 3 yr warantee separate of Landrover (as previous).

Cheers,
Martin
 MY08 TDV6 SE. White/Alpaca. BFG265/65/18 At's
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.
Rasta Plate. 110L LRA long-range fuel tank. 

Post #6810609th Aug 2010 12:45 pm
WayneD

Location: Sydney Darwin ,Singapore, USA, UK and now country NSW

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Mmmm $1000 difference Shocked
Someone is making a lot of money or someome has got it wrong Sad
Hope you are wrong Martin or we have all paid wayyyy too much!!
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #6810789th Aug 2010 1:25 pm
PerthDisco

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Those prices sound fantastic. I have the PDS info if you PM me.

I have received indication that the old Allianz 2/3 year product is not about to be discontinued. I hope this is true.

After looking at both I am not sure what great benefit the LR / Allianz product offers. Both offer some form of compenstation for towing, hire cars. The LR / Allianz product maybe has a formal road side assistance package - in the form of a RAC membership I am sure.

The LR cover is for kilometres up to 200,000 and the other is for 60,000 kilometres more than when the insurance is taken, up to 160,000 maximum.

To my mind the 3 year deal wins in terms of best value for money.

Basic prices quoted in the West are as follows;

Old Allianz Cover:
2 Year Cover $2695
3 Year Cover $3295

New LR / Allianz Cover:
1 Year Cover $2290
2 Year Cover $2620

Post #6810819th Aug 2010 1:30 pm
jonesy63

Location: Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to ...

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

PerthDisco wrote:
T The LR / Allianz product maybe has a formal road side assistance package - in the form of a RAC membership I am sure.

The LR Assured Extended Warranty does include premium roadside assistance. I don't think the standalone product direct from Allianz does. I'm pretty sure that it was about $110 for the year - to buy premium roadside assistance from LR.

Post #6812609th Aug 2010 9:59 pm
WayneD

Yep LR/Allianz does include LR Assist but this is all very confusing given that on one company issues the warranty and TandC's vary from 1 year to 3 years 200,000 k 60,000k and 75000k and prices Shocked

I am pretty happy with 3 years and 75k as I have only done 49k in the first 3 years, but $1600 seems very cheap!, thats only 1 claim in a D3
 Take the road less traveled. Dual battery system.ORS drawers,LR cargo Barrier.ARB Bull bar,side protection bars,Mickey Thompson ATR's 17" rims, Rear wheel carrier, radiator guard TPMS Mitchell Bros Tow Hitch LR RAI Steel Rims , GME UHF, Off Road GPS, Llams (yet to be fitted)  
Post #68130510th Aug 2010 4:07 am
Martin Krutli

Extended Warrantee

Well, even though they may not know much about the policy, I have the prices from Solitaire in writing!

Cheers,
Martin
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.

Post #68141010th Aug 2010 1:41 pm
WayneD

Martin it looks like they might be very busy writing policies. Good find Very Happy
Post #68160611th Aug 2010 12:16 am
rocmic

Australia 

Martin
Did you say you had the prices in writing from Solitaire? It is interesting that Trivett in Parramatta gave me the same prices (1290 and 1620 verbally) and then rang me back to say that they had got iwrong and the actual price is the same as their sister dealership quoted me - 2600 for two years. Thogh they did offer me a small discount besaude they had made a mistake.
It looks like the wholesale may be the lower figure, so there shuld be plenty of room to move.

Could you please lete us know the contact details for the Adelaide dealers.
Thanks
Mike
 Si yo no tengo idea tampoco  
Post #68161711th Aug 2010 5:17 am
vicken23

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Warranty

Guys, i also got a price yesterday from a melbourne dealer.
$2620 was the 2 year option.
Definitely think that something sounds wrong here, however, if Martins price is in writing i can't see it being an issue if we all purchased it from that dealer, still covered by LR.

Post #68162711th Aug 2010 6:24 am
Dan W

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

...as I said earlier in the post the commission to the dealer is very high - around 50% (I work in Insurance but not for Allianz) so that would roughly correspond with Martin's quotes which probably were given before the retail is applied or before "training"

Also, the roadside assistance that comes with it would be provided by Mondial Road side assist - an Allianz company.

....and if Martin's dealer will do it - put me down for a 2 year deal! - Seriously that is good value.
 2012 MY13 SDV6 SE D4 Ipanema Sand with Almond leather
2012 TDI Passat - they reckon the DSG is crap, I reckon it's awesome
2010 MY11 Mitsubishi Challenger - Gone (it was a "Challenging Year")
2007 MY08 TDV6 SE - gone 

Post #68200712th Aug 2010 1:16 pm
Martin Krutli

Extended Warrantee

Yes they are in writing. But having said that, the service manager just jotted them down on my service schedule receipt when I picked the car up the other day. Still. I think they'd struggle to refute the prices if challenged.
I'm beginning to think I'd better get in quick before they decide their prices are too cheap!!!!
Cheers,
Martin

Post #68201412th Aug 2010 1:24 pm
WayneD

Or before everyone else gets in first Embarassed
Post #68218813th Aug 2010 3:32 am
lukesky7

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol Base 7 Seat Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

when i picked up my used D3 the finance guy in parra trivett said that i could only get extended warranty if i bought in within 24 hours of signing the deal. seeing as the car was just out of warranty i didnt want to put ourselves on the spot. so can you get extended warranty at any time?

Post #68220013th Aug 2010 5:56 am
JeffD4

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

My D4 was delivered in mid April of this year. My extended warranty cost me $2,600 for 3 years, up to 175,000kms (through the south of the river dealer in Perth). It is Allianze but is a full extension of the manufacturer's warranty. So I now effectively have 6 years of full manufacturer's warranty. Given that I do 25,000 ks per year the 175,000 limit should not be a problem. Very Happy
 Land Rover Series IIA 1967
Discovery 300 Tdi 1998 (white, ARB bullbar, suspension lift, roof rack, Lightforce spots etc)
Discovery 4 3.0 Litre White, e-diff 

Post #68220213th Aug 2010 6:28 am
Martin Krutli

Extended Warrantee

Well Guys.

Had a call from the dealer (Solitaire) on Friday, all very appologetic and saying they had given me the wrong price - effectively they were in training and didn't know any better. The price is as everyone else has been quoted $2620, but they were prepared to give everyone (obviously a few) who they had misquoted a special deal and knock about $400 off.

I'm still deciding where I go with this but, given that price the original 3yr Allianz warrantee is starting to look a better deal. I'll decide this weekend if I try to get the m to stic to their originally quoted price - or just bypass that. Bottom line is, it would seem the prices I was originally quoted are off the table Crying or Very sad
Sorry if I've got every one's hopes up.
Cheers,
Martin

Post #68247714th Aug 2010 4:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >