DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

new suspension problem SORTED NOW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Randylover

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
new suspension problem SORTED NOW

Evening all,
Well after my suspension problem message and warning light coming on this week i diagnosed it to a leaky air strut on the back.
Replaced that today and thought all was fine, however after a few miles the i got the message suspension raising slowly, then after a few more miles got the warning message and light again, took it to dealers who cleared faults and said take it home and try it, they said it could settle down or it could be the compressor on the way out,
on the way home i havn`t had any more warnings but the front didnt appear to be at the correct height and was bouncy.
after dropping the suspension to access height then re lifting to normal height it seemed to function ok lifted quite nicely,but when i got out i could hear the air escaping from somewhere at the front, stuck my head under and it didnt seem to be coming from either side near the air strut but sounded like it was behind the radiator in the centre somewhere.
Does this ring any bells or make sense to anyone, need to get it sorted, am going away next sat,
typical it throws its toys outta the pram now ffs

any pointers appreciated

Cheers

Andy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
 05 TDV6,"S" in all colourcoded Zermatt silver,7 seats winter pack HK 6cd stereo,Dual climate,Xenons,

Mods:
Re-Con Engine,De-Tango,Reverse camera,Fog/DRl lights,Aux Battery, perm Aux socket in boot,LED Volt meters in roof panel,Built in tom tom, Strobes fitted in grille, Aux switches for trailer lights fitted in roof panel,Roof Rails,Grille conversion 

Post #95959027th Jul 2012 6:07 pm
Randylover

Problem appears all sorted now, after a lot of listening I traced a leak in the front pass side air pipe where it crosses over to the valve block on the drivers side, it passes underneath the bottom edge of the radiator, the leak was behind the heat shield for the fbh it had rubbed and worn through, fixed in about 2 minutes by cutting section out and re joining with a push fit

Cheers
Andy
 05 TDV6,"S" in all colourcoded Zermatt silver,7 seats winter pack HK 6cd stereo,Dual climate,Xenons,

Mods:
Re-Con Engine,De-Tango,Reverse camera,Fog/DRl lights,Aux Battery, perm Aux socket in boot,LED Volt meters in roof panel,Built in tom tom, Strobes fitted in grille, Aux switches for trailer lights fitted in roof panel,Roof Rails,Grille conversion 

Post #96002128th Jul 2012 6:35 pm
JDB

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

"re joining with a push fit"
What's that please- thinking it might be a usefull spare to carry when a long way from home.... and were can I get some (in case)
Thanks

Post #96002928th Jul 2012 7:06 pm
Randylover

It's the same principal as plumbing push fit connectors only designed for use with air.
Got mine from local motor factor, but ours is a good one with plenty of choice for spares, either that or a truck spares may do them or even B&Q I seem to remember have some type of them, you need 6mm ones for suspension pipes just check they are suitable for use with air,

I carry some spares now and a metre of tube.
You never know when,
This just saved me a bomb dealers wanted it in on the to fit new compressor for this problem.

Andy

Mods:

Post #96003828th Jul 2012 7:30 pm
JDB

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thumbs Up
Thanks, don't suppose you have an part numbers?
Will do a web search as well.

Post #96004228th Jul 2012 7:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >