DISCO3.CO.UK > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

WD renewal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 
WD renewal

Just had the renewal from WD through the post, £640 for one year or £1200 for two, well that's the start pos for the haggling process anyway. What's a bit of a concern is that they want to downgrade me to SecureCare rather than ExtraCare I'm presently on. They have estimated my miles at 110k where it is really 93k so may help but anyone had a renewal like this but said "oi, I want ExtraCare" and got it changed back? Starting the "treat em mean, keep em keen" process tomorrow but just trying to see what's happened with other peeps.

I also want to make sure I get all my "add ons" in there, no betterment, 13 for 12 (or 26 for 24), airbags & emissions and dealer rates. Anything I've forgotten?

D

Post #94046910th Jun 2012 3:28 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Max mileage for ExtraCare is 130k http://www.warrantydirect.co.uk/summary_m.html so unless they treat a renewal as a new policy I see no reason why you couldn't continue with ExtraCare, will be in the same position myself in a few months so interested to hear what you end up with

Don't forget no excess too Thumbs Up
 The End  
Post #94047310th Jun 2012 3:53 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

My thoughts exactly re policy change, will advise them of their "admin error". Good idea re no excess, might use that as the final "throw that in and I'll sign on the dotted line" bit.

Will keep y'all informed of progress. Thumbs Up

Post #94047510th Jun 2012 4:04 pm
Leesbay

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

They wouldnt offer me extra care on my 06 59k D3 in january when i bought the car, said it was too old and i could only have the next level down

I got all the add ons and betterment etc, for £600 ish incl 13 for 12, and really argued the point that i wanted the top level cover but they stood firm on the rules!
Still happy but havent had to claim yet!
 ....................................................................................................

If my wife ever sells my stuff for what she thinks I paid for them, you lot are gonna get some bargains! 

Post #94049710th Jun 2012 5:26 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Just renewed, ExtraCare for 25 months, no betterment, airbags & emissions, wear & tear, dealer rates, £1220 taken over 4 quarters (all paid for by 1st year on credit card). Present age 6yrs & miles 93,800. Happy days. Smile

Post #94070311th Jun 2012 9:53 am
CGA

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I recently renewed my Extra Care WD policy, and firstly rang up to confirm it was exactly the same policy as last years. Yes sir, exactly the same policy, and after some haggling got it for £570.
Sadly, when the policy document arrived, it now had a no betterment clause (2005 D£ 47k on clock), which was not the same as last year. I duly rang and spoke to someone with the same name as the person who sold it to me, and pointed out the difference. Oh yes, we changed the betterement clause earlier this year, but its the same policy. Well after a round or two of "no its isn't" "yes it is", I spoke to a supervisor, and fortunately an underwriter was just passing, and yes we will waive the betterement clause for you sir. It just goes to show that everything is negotiable (until you make a claim that is).
 CGA  
Post #94099911th Jun 2012 8:27 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

No betterment is absolutely vital, esp if the car's soon going to be over 100k miles where the parts hot would be 50%. Smile

Post #94100411th Jun 2012 8:34 pm
mcsimmo

Scotland 

Wats the 'betterment clause' please? Confused
 Man with no D3 anymore, but cant leave the forum....how sad.  
Post #94116812th Jun 2012 7:40 am
DSL

Ukraine 

If, like me, you've got an old, high mileage banger (06 & 93k) and you get, say, the gearbox replaced then they deem that your car has been bettered, hence betterment. It's a sliding scale but at 100k it's only 50% you get of the parts, but all the labour. Hence if you get "no betterment" you don't loose the 50% of parts, you get all of the caim back with just the £50 excess lopped off. Deffo worth having. Smile

Post #94117512th Jun 2012 7:58 am
mcsimmo

Scotland 

Thanks for that. I understand now. I'm considering taking out the WD policy when my LR one expires next month, so knowing all the ins and outs of the WD Policy is important to me.
Post #94119212th Jun 2012 8:54 am
DSL

Ukraine 

Worked out well worth it for me, well worth it. Thumbs Up Opinion varies between they are great to they are a bunch of thieving schiesters and everything in between. Some peeps put a little aside every month but that wouldn't have even looked at it in my case, especially for the second turbo replacement (Tesco paid for then first). Don't expect them to pay for every niggle & rattle, you'll be driving an "old" car and if you want that you need to stay in manufacturer's warranty, i.e. replace at 3 yrs. Also they have strict rules on claims, if it's not authorised before work starts (with possible delays for engineer to visit) then the caim will be rejected, also you must have the MOT & last service available or similarly it will be rejected. Try & play the system with them and you'll loose. If you go for WD make sure you do it before your LR warranty expires, then you get wear & tear (bushes, bearings, hubs, etc, but not service items, discs, pads etc) from day one, not day 91. We can coach you on what to ask for and what you can achieve, along with the weird way WD punt for your business.

Post #94119512th Jun 2012 9:06 am
mcsimmo

Scotland 

Thanks for that heads up DSL.
I'm not afraid to barter, so whats the best price anyone has managed to get for a WD warranty? Ive got them down to £540 ish so far?
Post #94526021st Jun 2012 9:00 pm
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

i have been offered £520 yesterday, mileage of 56k for a 2005 plate with extra care cover. I am trying to get the betterment clause taken out as this kicks in at 60k on the mileage. this is for an independant garage and not main dealer.

Regarding having to have the last service info might be a problem for me though. The dealer I bought it off had a stratstone dealer do the service (which is stamped in the book) but dont have any other paperwork for it.

I do have the last MOT which only had an advisory on the rear tyres being worn. Will I have issues not having the last service paperwork and just a stamp in the book ? They have refused to budge on the 91 days wear and tear ruling which I kind of understand.

Post #94546822nd Jun 2012 10:12 am
DSL

Ukraine 

From memory of posts in the past you will need the service invoice for any claim, they will just reject it if you don't have it with no discussion.

Post #94547422nd Jun 2012 10:25 am
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

guy just mailed me back and said that if it was stamped in the service book then this would be fine. also asked the dealer who i bought it from to see if they have any old paperwork for it. thanks for pointing this out and i now have a mail (saved) should i have issues in relation to this in the future.

Post #94550322nd Jun 2012 11:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >