Page 2 of 2 <12
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Just don't loose that email!! Thumbs Up

Post #94550522nd Jun 2012 11:19 am
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Experience with WD so far has been good, talking to a chap called Tom Hollings.

The AA were so flufffy on things and wouldnt cover the EGR's and made out that if the car was serviced as per schedule then nothing should ever wear out hence everything was covered.... (didnt make much sense to be honest.)

With WD the key is what will they be like when I make a claim........ once the 91 days are up I will be driving a lot happier.....

Appreciate your help with this, the website is such a useful tool and in this climate if I am forking out a load of cash I wont to be sure I am getting the best product possible.

Post #94550822nd Jun 2012 11:28 am
bozmandb9

United Kingdom 

Very useful information regarding betterment, I never realised it was possible to get that clause removed. When they paid out for my gearbox I had to pay half for the parts, but I was still happy that it cost me less than £500 for a full rebuild! Next time I negotiate with them I'll try to get the betterment clause removed.

Also worth noting, on the point about having to have your last service invoice, if the garage which performed the service is not VAT registered, it doesn't count. At least in theory. I got away with a non vat invoice when I had my claim, but I was extremely lucky.

I think they are pretty reasonable, clearly this provision is to prevent you getting your mate to knock up an invoice saying he serviced it! Most of their provisions likewise are reasonable, but you just have to accept their process, and do as they say.

When I had my claim on my gearbox, the first transmission place I took it to ended up refusing to deal with WD because they wanted a full breakdown of the elements of parts and labour for the transmission rebuild, plus a full description of which parts were unserviceable. They found this unreasonable, and asked for my car to be removed. I got it recovered to a place recommended by WD, and they did it all no problem! Thumbs Up

Post #94555422nd Jun 2012 1:32 pm
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

maybe I was unlucky but they wouldnt budge on the betterment clause. Did ask but they essentially said take it or leave it. think if your vehicle is older then they want to cover themselves which you can understand.

Post #94558822nd Jun 2012 2:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >