Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Window Closing after Flat Battery
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mwestcrew

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Window Closing after Flat Battery

My battery went flat mysteriously last night. LR Assistance started the vehicle and just as they were about to leave I tried to close the drivers window and every time it got to the top it went back down about 6 inches whether I used the one shot or not. The technician called all sorts of people including Land Rover Technical, deleted the fault codes from the ECUs (There were over 100!!!) and no result. He'd heard talk of some re-set operation as it seems the window had forgotten where the top was!. Eventually pretty much by trial and error he found out that if you powered up the window using the 1st. Click (not as far as "one touch") and held it there for 5 seconds the door E.C.U. re-set was carried out. Might help someone in the future.
 2011 D4 Landmark, Mini Cooper SD Clubman, Range Rover Vogue SE  
Post #807622nd Jul 2005 4:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

The tip is great Smile . One thing for sure the D3 is certainly not boring is it Confused . A challenge around every corner Shocked .

Post #807722nd Jul 2005 4:26 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Not really suprised at over 100 'error' codes, a typical aircraft - which has a similar complexity level to the Disco 3 - will record over 600 'errors' each flight, although most of these are advisory warnings and are generally transient (wind shear, altitude, terrain, landing gear etc). that said, most aircraft have more than one engine Rolling Eyes Disco 3's have to make do with one....

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #808422nd Jul 2005 4:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jzk

United States 

A few times I have tried to raise the driver window and it went right back down! I will note that tip and try a reset if it wont stay up.
 LR3 HSE
http://www.pbase.com/jzk/lr3 

Post #102036th Aug 2005 1:58 am
grommet

United States 

The manuals says: Resetting ’Anti-trap’ operation (driver window): Drive the window to the top and keep the switch pressed for more then one second. Then drive the window to the bottom and keep the switch pressed for more than one second.

Post #102046th Aug 2005 3:23 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

This is a pretty standard procedure accross many different cars. My wifes (ex) Mini was the same, as was my Volvo and my old Vauxhall Cavalier. I am suprised the Land Rover tech did not know this.

p.s It an EX Mini - Not Ex Wife Confused (Phew Glad I cleared that one up before she saw it)

Post #103697th Aug 2005 11:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >