Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Tyre Pressures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
FamilyMan

Tyre Pressures

Off on a long trip to France with a full load, 5 peeps and a boot full. What would be a sensible tyre pressure front/rear on the standard 18' rims of the SE, thanks.

God, I hope we don't break down Confused
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #802122nd Jul 2005 10:31 am
BN

England 

Front 33 lbs sq inch and Rear 42 lbs sq inch 18" standard wheels for 5 people and whole load of luggage.

If you do break down, you have enough people to push. Wink

Post #803522nd Jul 2005 1:19 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

All pressures are on a handy sticker inside the drivers door frame... visible when you open the door. Also in the book.

-s

Post #804022nd Jul 2005 1:29 pm
BN

England 

Simon, you are boring Sheep , help the man, he is going on holiday Very Happy Anyway it may not be on his Land Rover, look at how many bits are missing from yours Crying or Very sad

Post #804222nd Jul 2005 1:33 pm
simon

Only trying to be helpful in the limited way I can... and I bet he has a Settings Menu though ???

Will stop being a boring Sheep and instead next time will offer some cynical and sarcastic remark to generate a giggle or two from everyone except the person with the question - whom it won't help of course Twisted Evil Wink

LOL Laughing Laughing

Anyway... will be off line for two whole weeks until we go on the off road mission... you will miss me of course and I will need to do a lot of catching up on the forum... and with the number of posts you have now !

Cheers,

-s

Post #804822nd Jul 2005 1:44 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

-----

Last edited by NightFox on 22nd Jul 2005 1:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #805222nd Jul 2005 1:56 pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

simon wrote:
... and instead next time will offer some cynical and sarcastic remark to generate a giggle or two from everyone except the person with the question - whom it won't help of course Twisted Evil Wink

I think you will need to deflate and reinflate the tyres once in France, as the air you have in at the moment will be in PSI, whereas in Europe I understand it legally has to be in bar. I think air compressed using bar involves French peasants trampling it in giant vats or something.

Vive le difference! (or is it la?)

Post #805322nd Jul 2005 1:58 pm
FamilyMan

Thanks for that

Thanks for the info, if I sit down with D3 manual at this stage in the packing I'm likely to get my head removed by my better half.....I'd have to ask her where it is too Confused . They'll be two adults and three childrens, not 5 elephants, so pushing 3 tonne isn't an option Smile .

Hopefully LRA are on their Tour De France at the mo' Confused
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #805722nd Jul 2005 2:32 pm
BN

England 

Familyman ignore the rest, just enjoy your holiday. The car will be brilliant. If it breaks down on a downslope who cares, coast in, but don't forget no power brakes and 2.7 tonnes takes a lot of stopping. Bon Voyage Very Happy

Post #806022nd Jul 2005 3:16 pm
BN

England 

simon wrote:
Only trying to be helpful in the limited way I can... and I bet he has a Settings Menu though ???

Will stop being a boring Sheep and instead next time will offer some cynical and sarcastic remark to generate a giggle or two from everyone except the person with the question - whom it won't help of course Twisted Evil Wink

LOL Laughing Laughing

Anyway... will be off line for two whole weeks until we go on the off road mission... you will miss me of course and I will need to do a lot of catching up on the forum... and with the number of posts you have now !

Cheers,

-s

Two whole weeks and you are only upto 973 posts, I could double that by then as I cannot afford a holiday, like the rest of you Crying or Very sad

Post #806122nd Jul 2005 3:19 pm
simon

Yeah yeah !!! your just too busy not working to book a holiday !

Mrs BN should arrange to take you away for a few weeks ! Wink

Have fun and keep posting do I can NEVER catch you Wink

-s

Post #812422nd Jul 2005 10:08 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

NightFox wrote:
I think you will need to deflate and reinflate the tyres once in France, as the air you have in at the moment will be in PSI, whereas in Europe I understand it legally has to be in bar. I think air compressed using bar involves French peasants trampling it in giant vats or something.

Vive le difference! (or is it la?)

yes, in France as in Europe (As more and more I do have doubts about England... Wink ) the pressure is measured in Bar which are also defined as kg/cm2 (Metric system anyone ? Wink ) thus it won't be to easy to find PSI measures...

And it is "Vive LA différence"... Do not forget the accent and the genre of the word, thanks ! Wink Anyway, in that case, I fear that the one being different are comming from the northern side of the Channel... Hey, they even drive on the wrong side of the road ! Smile

Post #814223rd Jul 2005 9:17 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

No No No, we are on the correct side Very Happy , even Japan, India and Aussie drive on the correct side. Very Happy We give way at roundabouts Very Happy . In Europe you hit people on the roundabouts Sad , if you see them Shocked and can only wave your left arm Laughing , we can wave the correct arm, the right one - more impact Twisted Evil .

Post #815923rd Jul 2005 4:37 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

BN wrote:
No No No, we are on the correct side Very Happy , even Japan, India and Aussie drive on the correct side. Very Happy We give way at roundabouts Very Happy . In Europe you hit people on the roundabouts Sad , if you see them Shocked and can only wave your left arm Laughing , we can wave the correct arm, the right one - more impact Twisted Evil .

Fortunately, I am here to correct your persepctive... Wink What a job !

First, nowadays, at roundabout in France, the one who is in the roundabout normally has right of way... Wink Few exceptions to that rule, the only one I know about is the traditionnal Place de l'Etoile in Paris...

As for the "right side" which IS in fact the RIGHT side... Smile Even the Canadians who are part of the Commonwealth and the American (Who are not...) have understood that one... Wink Surely, with a bit of help, you'll come to the RIGHT side in both senses of the word... Laughing

Post #818923rd Jul 2005 5:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Gurvan,
clearly the heat in Senegal is getting to you... Laughing
The Japanese are acknowleged as being at the forefornt of technology and forward thinking... the Australians will follow anything that 'just makes sense' Very Happy as for the divided northern province of america, well, once they decide upon which language to use..... Shocked Laughing Shocked

Cheers,

10forcash

speed in miles, measurement in millimetres - how screwed up are we?? Laughing Laughing

Post #819223rd Jul 2005 6:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >