40%  [62]
Multiple failures of one or both components
3%
 3%  [5]
Total Votes: 152

chocolademan

Norway 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

zimbo38 wrote:
I have a 2008 Disco 3 and the tailgate has failed 3 times now. I have tried the manual override trick (you know, holding down both the lock and unlock switches together for 15 seconds) and it only half opens. Given the cost of this vehicle, it amazes me the cheap and rubbish quality of the parts! I will NEVER buy another Land Rover again!

Congratulations on your first post, shame it was a negative one Sad

If you are using the mentioned override trick, you need somebody to open the boot whilst you press it, so thats not strange its only opening half way. Are you saying you have changed the switch and actuator and now maybe a new switch is needed?
 Faultmate MSV2 MultiVehicle
D3: Tailgate Actuator DIY: http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...IY%7E0.pdf 

Post #82436710th Aug 2011 4:56 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

zimbo38 wrote:
it amazes me the cheap and rubbish quality of the parts! I will NEVER buy another Land Rover again!

How dare you Shocked You can't accuse Land Rover of using CHEAP parts Shocked

Rubbish - Certainly Thumbs Up

Cheap - never Shocked

Land Rover may buy parts cheaply off the manufacturer but by the time they've passed on their 200% mark-up to you, the parts are anything but cheap Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

My son had a Lada once (briefly!!). Now there's cheap rubbish for you Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #82439310th Aug 2011 8:12 am
zimbo38

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

chocolademan wrote:
zimbo38 wrote:
I have a 2008 Disco 3 and the tailgate has failed 3 times now. I have tried the manual override trick (you know, holding down both the lock and unlock switches together for 15 seconds) and it only half opens. Given the cost of this vehicle, it amazes me the cheap and rubbish quality of the parts! I will NEVER buy another Land Rover again!

Congratulations on your first post, shame it was a negative one Sad

If you are using the mentioned override trick, you need somebody to open the boot whilst you press it, so thats not strange its only opening half way. Are you saying you have changed the switch and actuator and now maybe a new switch is needed?

Thanks! The last two times, I took it to the dealer to fixed it under warranty, so I am not really sure what they did before to fix it. The day after the warranty expires, it goes again. Now all I can look forward to is another huge financial whipping for my poor decision in buying a disco. I have had non-stop problems with this car from the day I took delivery of it. My other favourite is the way the lights on the dash light up like a Las Vagas fruit machine as soon as I go over 50 mph for more than about10 mins with the cruise control on. Up flashes messages about "All Special Programmes Off" and "Suspension being lowered". Had the car into the dealer 5 times (no kidding!) with this one and they still have not fixed it. I just hate this car. Big Cry

Post #82474411th Aug 2011 12:22 am
zimbo38

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 3

Albourneboy wrote:
zimbo38 wrote:
it amazes me the cheap and rubbish quality of the parts! I will NEVER buy another Land Rover again!

How dare you Shocked You can't accuse Land Rover of using CHEAP parts Shocked

Rubbish - Certainly Thumbs Up

Cheap - never Shocked

Land Rover may buy parts cheaply off the manufacturer but by the time they've passed on their 200% mark-up to you, the parts are anything but cheap Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

My son had a Lada once (briefly!!). Now there's cheap rubbish for you Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Very true! LOL!! Laughing

Post #82474611th Aug 2011 12:25 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >