Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Rear PDC
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jamo

Australia 

Again, Chris, I was quite meticulous in ensuring mounting bezels and sensor went back into exactly the same location that they were in before.

10, I'll have another look at the bar later today and see if there is adjustment possible.

I'm hoping that the problem lies in the broken sensor, which was just holding together when in the bar.

Catweasel, the PDC is great and very useful and I would see a camera setup complimenting it, rather than replacing it. I tend to react to sound faster than visual as it's harder to pick things up visually.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #768878th Aug 2006 10:38 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jamo

Australia 

Ok, I've had a look.

Behind each hole in the bumper, a 2"x 1" 1mm steel plate has been positioned for the sensor bezel to slot into.
This plate is welded along the bottom edge only and looks like it can be bent forward slightly so as to angle the sensor down more.

As it's only 1mm thick it is quite springy and therefore difficeult to bend forward (but I'll give it a go). It would have been easier if they'd welded it along the top edge, as it would be easier to bend away from the bumper and thus angle the sensor downward, than the way it is now.
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #769349th Aug 2006 3:25 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Jamo

Australia 

Ok, success at last!

I've now got the rear PDC working. The drivers side sensor mounting bezel was in the wrong position, causing the sensor to point too much towards the right hand spare.

Here is a picture of the mounting bezel.

Note the four notches in the top. The outer two correspond to two keys in the mounting bezel. (The inner two appear to be superfluous). If you look closely you can see that they are off centre to the right, when they should be off centre to the left.

I think that Kaymar have welded this plate on Backwards!

So, what I did was cut myself a new key in order to rotate the bezel ant-clockwise and thus aim the sensor slightly away from the spare (as it should be).

Now it all works perfectly! Very Happy

I must thank Trevor Chapman at Gold City Landrover in Kalgoorlie, who took some time to help me fault find this problem. Two heads are better than one!
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Last edited by Jamo on 13th Aug 2006 6:50 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #7799513th Aug 2006 3:28 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Ah hah!!!!! Smile
good news Jamo. Thumbs Up
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #7799913th Aug 2006 6:17 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yep, well done fella!
guess you'll be giving Kalmar some 'feedback' eh? Laughing Laughing

Post #7802313th Aug 2006 9:43 am
Jamo

Australia 

Yes, I have sent them an email! Very Happy Shocked

BTW, They actually got me a front (angled connector) sensor the replace the one I broke. It works fine!
 Have a nice day!
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #7802513th Aug 2006 9:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >