Battery gadget
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Tony

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Quote:
Isn't all Bush wildlife research?

No, there are a lot of Brazilians around at present.... Shocked

Antenna mounting is an issue, Mossy. The VHF ones fit on simple clamps which go on the LR Brush Bar, and I have made a mount similar to Lex's for the HF Autotune antenna, which has a thumping big base which only just fits between bar and bonnet. I only fit them up when we are out of town as things protuding ahead of the bullbar, as the mount does, attract the local constabulary. Ideally the external rear tyre mount would be the answer, but
the resident financial controller has not responded to the application for funds. Sad
 Ex Defender 110 200Tdi owner.  
Post #7251124th Jul 2006 12:57 am
Tony

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi drivesafe,

I would be taking the headphones back, or at least to a commercial radio tech who has access to a spectrum analyser. Remotes operate in the same frequency band as things like your headphones, some wifi computer devices and even crane remote controls, and if the headphone transmitter is affecting your car locking at that distance it is outputting far more power than our regulations allow, and possibly transmitting some spurious frequencies also. Sennheiser is a very reputable brand, but as we have learnt with the D3, even the best makers sometimes have problems!
 Ex Defender 110 200Tdi owner.  
Post #7251224th Jul 2006 1:12 am
drivesafe

Australia 

Hi again Tony, you will find that one of the Chemist chains, has security sensing device in the doorways of their stores and these can apparently effect the range of Disco 2 remotes. I have not come across this problem myself but have seen it posted on a number of different sites where the person posting the info was the person who had the problem, in other words, it didn’t seem to be third hand.

The problem is that the frequency set aside for the security industry is getting a bit over worked.

I use to make my own home security panels and remote controls for them. We never had a problem when we first turned them out in the late 1980s but by the time I stopped producing them ( it was cheaper to buy readily available transmitters ) things as simple as mast head amplifiers could effect the range of some wireless remote controls.

Nice industry NOT to be in.

Cheers.
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #7251324th Jul 2006 1:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >