Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Tip of the week...3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
FamilyMan

Tip of the week...3

Did you know...

There is an emergency release cable for the fuelfiller flap. Mine was sticky when I first got the car so it was comforting to know. You my never use it but it good to know it's there. You have to scrabble around for it behind the fuel filler ( access from the boot driver side panel ). It's tucked away behind the pressed metal supports.
 2005 TDV6 SE Silver/Black Manual + Alpine  
Post #447111th Jun 2005 11:27 am
BN

England 

Very useful, didn't know that one, thanks.

Post #450113th Jun 2005 7:35 am
Fbaer

See there Is one good thing about teh North American version not having a locking fuel door... we will NEVER have to use the super secret release when the lock gets stuck! Thanks! Wink

Post #66769th Jul 2005 6:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Thats because your fuel is not 93 pence per litre. That is not far off £1 UK pound per litre, which I think it will be by Christmas. It is liquid gold here and thieves love it.

After Christmas we will have to get Pilkington Security to follow us with armed guards. At the moment it cost about £80 to fill up a D3.

That is one of the reasons why G8 are fighting Mr Bush.

Post #66959th Jul 2005 5:50 pm
Fbaer

Wow! That is expensive!!!

Post #67059th Jul 2005 6:33 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

My fuel bill per Land Rover is around £12K to £14K per year, so every drop counts. That does not include servicing.

Post #67079th Jul 2005 7:10 pm
Fbaer

I noted the other day that it cost me approx $48 to fill up (ok, I knew what I was geting into when I bought the LR3) I am amazed to hear people whining about $2.50 a gallon gas, while they are drinking their $3.50 fu-fu coffee drinks or their $2.00 designer bottled water.

We are pretty damn lucky here that fuel costs are so low, and have remained remarkably low over the past 10 - 20 years. Fuel costs have not kept pace with inflation at all, and is still amazingly inexpensive compared to most other places in the world.

I have owned the LR3 since the end of december, and have put just over 6,000 miles on it as of this week. My estimated fuel costs are (figuring 12,000 miles at $2.50 per gallon and 13.5 miles per gallon) $2250 per year. Seems like quite the bargain compared to your bill. Want we to mail you some petrol for a holiday gift? Smile

Post #67089th Jul 2005 7:21 pm
BN

England 

Yes, please I have several more Land Rovers all with a similar bill.

Post #67099th Jul 2005 8:22 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I am Mr. Green with envy about you Americans. Not only do you have such cheap fuel, you get a glorious V8 in the bargain also. I'm sick of our governments attitude to fuel prices.

Global warming is a very conveinient excuse for the governments of most of the G8 to keep putting taxes up. Lets face it, if the it was proven that global warming was a natural phenomenon, that it was not going to be affected or controlled by reducing carbon emmissions, then they would have a hell of a job explaining the punitive rises in fuel costs over that last few years.

Post #67149th Jul 2005 9:56 pm
BN

England 

I know the costs in America were low compared to here in the UK, but I have never actually sat down and worked out the difference, because my fuel is paid for me when I work there.

My maths are as bad as my computing, but: if a gallon of fuel in the USA is 2.50$ and a 1 UK gallon is equal to 1.21 US gall

Then if I use 1 gall in the UK at around £4.22 (7.2$) and the US guys pay 2.5$ per gallon, it means the US guys get 2.9 UK galls for our cost of £4.22. Therefore I can reduce my running costs from £12K per year per vehicle in fuel to around £4250 if I operated from the USA, no tell me I have the maths wrong Big Cry Big Cry , please

Post #675010th Jul 2005 6:25 pm
hunterrj

In Canada ( Alberta ) it's about $70CDN for a fill on the HSE.
 LR3 HSE, Running boards, Dog Guard, Mud Flaps & side protection kit. Dodge 2003 2500 Ram Long Box Cummins with to many mods to list, Nash 27-5N 5th Wheel & looking at a Mazda Miata to replace the SLK  
Post #675210th Jul 2005 7:29 pm
BN

England 

That is still taking the mickey, it works out to about £33.80 about £46.2 less than in the UK. Most of our fuel is government tax.

Post #675410th Jul 2005 8:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >