Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Breakdown whilst towing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jm

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Breakdown whilst towing

Hi, just got back from a weeks hols in Devon, my Disco was in the dealers just before we left having a replacement rad' fitted. All went well from South Wales untill we happened upon Telegraph Hill on the A 380, the Disco suddenly went into limp mode, thankfully my bowels went into shut mode, that's SHUT mode. All Special Programmes Off was displayed on screen. Not the most pleasant of experiences. I rang the AA (bypassing Land Rover Assist and going straight to the top, or so I thought, because a local garage was dispatched to help) Low coolant level was displayed on the screen by now, so after all the sceaming had stopped I had a check of the coolant level, it can be a bit confusing but it looked OK to me. The local mechanic could only overfill the reservoir and send us on our way with the offer of further help if needed. I suspect an air lock, allbeit small. So it;s back to the dealers again on Monday. On a lighter note We had a great meal at the Rugglestone Inn in Widecome on the Moor, I'd recomend it to any of you good folk who may be in that neck of the woods.

Post #6570025th Jun 2010 10:50 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

More than likely to be a known fault....if the resevoir was full, and levels ok it could be a pourus float in the coolant bottle that causes these issues.......

Its the float in the bottle, once changed ALL is ok

Post #6570095th Jun 2010 11:21 pm
jm

Many thanks for the info, it'll be interesting what the dealers say about it...............

Post #6570256th Jun 2010 12:39 am
jm

Took the Disco back to the dealers today, had a phone call about an hour later saying it was an air-lock, I'm relieved that it's not anything else developing, but I'm a tad annoyed that they allowed me to take the car after repairs, in what I would describe as being in an unroadworthy condition, I think there might be a few words exchanged when I pick the Disco up this afternoon. In all fairness to the dealers they have always looked after me in the past. We've got a trip to France looming so the car had better be OK. Cheers. JM.

Post #6574257th Jun 2010 12:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >