Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Going into the dealer for work today....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Going into the dealer for work today....

Had to wait ages for a slot with a courtesy car but it's going in today for the following work;

Right hand bank EGR gone. LR Assist just pulled the pipe off. Want to understand why the engine warning light comes and goes now, surely should be on all the time. Not sure if the other one hasn't gone/going as it seems to go better some times more than others now Neutral

EPB not working, or rather it wasn't but did once Rolling Eyes Hardly use it as mine is an auto but was showing the missus that the car did indeed have a hand-brake but nothing happened, no whirs, clonks, nothing at all and no warning lights either. A week later tried it again while sitting in the car waiting and it came on but wouldn't release till the 'drive-off' function released it. Have not dared try it since then Rolling Eyes

Creaking drivers seat - had it since I got the car and just decided to do it "when next in". Read on here I think that it was a known fault with a dealer bulletin for fix. Reckon I may get "no fault found sir" or such-like on this one but it's Censored annoying

And 20 mins ago was in the car when the brake warning light came on Censored Censored Censored . Had new front discs and pads under warranty in January.

Will see what local dealer makes of all this.

Post #6560763rd Jun 2010 8:10 am
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Got car back within the day.

EGR sorted and car goes much better, especially in upper rev band. After driving it a few hundred miles thought it does feel a bit 'flat' between 1600-2000rpm, not sure if it was like that before....

Seat creak was told not covered by the warranty unless it was a 'mechanical fail' but they have "greased it" and it has stopped creaking (for now at least)

EPB - all working but no comment on what was done or what was wrong with it (reading all the tales of woe on here I'm guessing the less said being the best for them?).

Brake warning was rear disc pads worn and for expediency/convenience I let them fit new ones for just shy of £150. Discs still in tolerance (had new fronts fitted under warranty in January).

Car returned all clean and shiny, including wheels and buffed tyres and vacuum'd interior.

Post #6573096th Jun 2010 11:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >