Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 718 of 819 <123 ... 717718719 ... 817818819>
janthoney68

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4
Introduction

Morning all just joined and would like to thank you for letting me join the forum

Post #211670229th Jan 2020 10:55 am
adramos8090

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Afternoon everyone, just joined the forum here from SW Florida!

Post #211684829th Jan 2020 8:26 pm
krislove1986

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hello folks!

D4 MY14 owner from Oxfordshire

Post #211702530th Jan 2020 1:25 pm
shuttr

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3
Afternoon all...

Picked up my first Discovery a couple of weeks ago (mid Jan) - Disco 3 SE 2.7 TDV6 2009 - seems to be the ideal companion to my partners Defender 90 300Tdi. It was a good price, and been well looked after, with 94k on the clock, upgraded to 19" HSE black rims and LED rear lights. Only a few minor niggles that I'm working through fixing bit by bit:-

FIXED Front add-on LR driving lights weren't working - worked back to find corrosion on relay, simple fix.
    FIXED De-tangoed headlights, fitted with chrome bulbs with kit from PowerfulUK
    FIXED Oil & filter change
    FIXED Transmission fluid change
    FIXED Tracking/Alignment
    FIXED Programmed third button to switch lights on/off
    FIXED Personalised puddle lights!

TO DO Suspension error - normal height only (raises/lowers fine when no warning) - on the verge of replacing compressor, but running some tests first to see if there are leaks elsewhere.
    TO DO Rear offside parking sensor fault - replaced but still throwing error, wiring to check...

When it comes to replacing the compressor (or possibly just the air dryer unit), does anyone know of the '09 model was fitted with the upgraded AMK compressor - and if it's not, is it easy to fit the upgraded version in place of the old?

Tom

Post #211707830th Jan 2020 4:51 pm
S.W.M.B.O.

United Kingdom 

Hi !!

I thought it was time I became active on here … especially after some of the negative comments aimed my way.

I have a feeling Mrs DSL and myself will be forming an alliance at some point.

xxx

S.W.M.B.O.

Post #21178732nd Feb 2020 7:42 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Oh my!!! We are all going to have to behave now Whistle
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #21181043rd Feb 2020 6:42 pm
weety

United Kingdom 

Hi Im Weety. Recently bought disco 3. 56 plate . I like the vehicle a lot. But not sure if it will be as reliable as my old . Toyota hilux. with over 300000 on clock. lol. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thanks for brilliant site.

Post #21183994th Feb 2020 3:29 pm
stevepoole

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi all. Just joined the club, having recently bought a D4 to replace my D2. I'm Steve and I live in the South-West England, down in Cornwall. My car is a 2015 D4 SE Tech in Corris Grey. So far just standard, but won't stay that way!

Post #21184634th Feb 2020 6:44 pm
mickd2447

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Martin
I am new to the forum and have had a very prompt rely to a wanted add however I am unable to respond as newbie could you help.

regards mickd

Post #21188796th Feb 2020 10:44 am
Willienelson

United Kingdom 
Hi all

Hi everyone

Recently purchased my first Land Rover, a discovery 4 and I’ve no idea how I went so long without ever owning one!

I just didn’t know what I was missing!

Pete

Post #21189726th Feb 2020 5:46 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to the new owners Very Happy

Willienelson - and now you'll have no idea why your wallet is always so empty Rolling with laughter

mickd2447 - you need to have a minimum number of posts (i think its 5 - someone will correct me) before you can send a Private Message. So, how are you enjoying you Disco?

stevepoole - don't forget to update us with your mods Very Happy

weety - there are quite a few people on here with D3's with insane mileage - if you're lucky, these cars will easily do it Laughing
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #21189846th Feb 2020 6:59 pm
mickd2447

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Hi all,
Recently up graded to D4 having had D1 x2 D2 x2 still getting to grips with but hoping to glean more info from you guys.

regards mickd

Post #21189906th Feb 2020 7:25 pm
Brian29

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Introduction

Morning All,

Have been on here a while but now I have bought my 2006 D3 off a forum member, not sure if I can say whom but credit where credit is due an excellent D3. Just thought I would say hi and thank you for all the information on the threads very useful. D3 on the drive, silver sticker in the rear window & 2020 calendar on the kitchen wall - let the adventures begin!

Post #21194278th Feb 2020 9:09 am
166cui

Germany 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Alex - D3 TDV6 HSE 2009

Hi gents,

after being a 'lurker' on this forum for awhile, I felt the need to introduce myself and my car properly.
Since Sept 2019 I'm driving a 2009 LR3 (MY2008.5) TDV6 HSE 7-seater in Java black as a daily driver. When buying it had around 174k km on the clock and quite a few important maintenance services had been done to it by the preowner (timing belts, new turbo, oil pump 2.0).
The car has been very well looked after - exterior- and interiorwise. According to the sat nav history the elderly preowner used the LR3 primarily on long trips like Czech Republic, Great Britain etc. Therefore the interior can be described as factory-new, especially from the first row rearwards. Same thing for the undercarriage - everything fresh and clean behind the covers. And no towing or offroading so far Wink

There had been a few issues to solve nevertheless: the door-lock on the rear passenger door wasn't locking properly, new front brakes were needed and there was a rumble from the front axle on the overrun.
First I suspected worn CV joints but when the rumble didn't disappear after swapping the front driveshafts for new ones, I decided to rebuild the front differential. Voila - at least one of the two differential carrier bearings had been heavily worn. While having the front diff out I replaced both lower control arms with Meyle HD parts because the rear lower hydrabushes felt a bit loose to me.

After the front of the car being quiet a rumble from the rear could be heard. So out with the rear diff and guess what - same thing here. One of the carrier bearings were on its way out so I rebuilt the whole lot as well.

Then I changed the transmission oil (and retrofitted the metal pan + separate filter) and the transfer box oil too. After disassembling and cleaning the rear door lock actuator the LR3 will now lock all doors on a reliable basis again. On top of that I modified the FBH with the Webasto 1533 and a GSM module to pre-warm the engine during cold weather.

Except of a failed EGR nothing had been wrong with the car during the last 15k km. The car drives superb and its everyday suitability is more than sufficient for my purposes.

Just a few words about my person - I'm in my mid-thirties and am working in the healthcare sector. Turning the spanners I learned myself during the past five years with my MY 2000 Jaguar XJR which I used as a daily driver. During that period of time I rebuilt it pretty much entirely Laughing

I feel fortunate to have a Jaguar/LR IDS/SDD-system ready at hand so that any diagnosis on the LR3 is as easy as it was with the Jaguar.
And now - let the pictures speak for themselves!

Post #21198389th Feb 2020 7:47 pm
jmw

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Hello everyone.

Just joined as I’m in the process of looking for a D4 >2015 and wanted to pick up some insights about what to look for, what to avoid and what problems might lie ahead...and there’s potentially lots it seems! Not too put off, but starting to wonder if I’m mad. Looking to replace my Puma 110 SW XS Sad and the Mrs Volvo V70 D3 with just the one car....so thought a D4 might work.

I’m a member of defender2.net and SELOC (lotus forum) and know how useful these forums are to owners in terms of problem solving, tips and advice so I suspect if I go ahead with a D4 purchase I’ll soon be posting many questions seeking advice!

All the best for now....

Post #211990810th Feb 2020 10:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 718 of 819 <123 ... 717718719 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >