Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Retrofit surround camera system to 3.0 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

True, but with the mods being so busy these days thought you might a bit under the weather. Snigger

Post #58985325th Jan 2010 7:08 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

No ..the prozac is working well thanks Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #58985525th Jan 2010 7:09 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Mods, busy? It's been very quiet the past 24 hours...... Whistle

Post #58985625th Jan 2010 7:09 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Calm before the storm!!! Thumbs Up Whistle

Post #58985725th Jan 2010 7:10 pm
carcollector

JF Lux wrote:
carcollector wrote:
i am ready to take the car apart if u can tell me what i am looking for.

you want to dismantle a brand new, 40k+ car.... Shocked for the sake of a couple of extras Shocked

Capable or not, there goes your warranty...

u dont wanna know what all i have taken apart so far....

warranty wont be void unless u open sealed stuff like the nav unit itself.....

Post #58988125th Jan 2010 7:42 pm
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

carcollector wrote:
warranty wont be void unless u open sealed stuff like the nav unit itself.....

or have a problem and the dealer asks how you got something added that wasn't on the original build spec...

Its your vehicle Thumbs Up And if it is possible, I only wish I was as half as confident and capable of doing that type of work Thumbs Up
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #58989025th Jan 2010 8:02 pm
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

carcollector, i personally think your first move should be to get a better understanding of your car and its components and the locations of them in the car.

You can do this by registering on this site.
http://www.landrovertechinfo.com/extlrprod/market.jsp

I think your next move should be to price all the main modules you will need EG TV areials and some of the simpler stuff which you will find on GTR by looking at the relevent wireing diagrams and connector details.
Using the module names to get a price quote from your dealer.

You will also from the wireing diagrams find out the part numbers of the connectors that connect to each module, from this you will again be able to use GTR to show you a picture of it and its location in the car.
Work out from all the collected info what your car is missing and you will be then onto the ordering of parts.

As said cant do the job for you but i am interested in your outcome, though i probabaly wont be doing the TV to mine but ill help you if needed with some of part numbers (But Microcat) as suggested would be best for you.
A warning though this is going to take a lot of your time, experimenting testing digging arround and money to complete.
But i have the therory of if LR can do it , then its got to be doable out of there factory facility as long as you have the money to fund it.

PS: Dont forget you WILL need some diagnostic tools to help diagnose and enable functions on your car as you procede with the conversion.
As you will probabaly be aware , the ONLY tool that is currently capable of such is the BBS Faultmate MSV2.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 25th Jan 2010 11:59 pm. Edited 7 times in total 
Post #58990125th Jan 2010 8:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bellautos

PS , what is the VIN number of your car and ill try get you started with some basic module names and part numbers.

The heater is a Webasto Thermotop V, it is the same build up as the D3 apart from the D3 heater had a Siemens PCB inside which was fired from pin 2 of the heater which is its diagnostic port for bench testing.

The D4 heater is the same heater execpt landrover have had Webasto change the pcb and protocall of it so the old method of firing the heater via the w-bus on pin 2 with the old 1533 timers is now different.
I would assume so landrover can sell us there kits instead of us fitting afterwards.

The protocall for the landrover parking heater module has also changed compared to the standard of the shelf version, the parking heater module is a Webasto T91 telestart unit which landrover changed the protocall to match the new changed w-bus signal on the 2010 type heaters.

The remote fob used is the same as all the T91 range. Ive fitted the Landrover T91 kit to my car but there are still some bits missing from the chain so to speak which i need to sort out.

Hope that makes sence.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 25th Jan 2010 11:10 pm. Edited 6 times in total 
Post #58990325th Jan 2010 8:25 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Wink

Post #58990925th Jan 2010 8:37 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Ah it's only a collection of bits and bobs and part numbers, just like the D3. And once upon a time that a D3 was 40ks worth too.
Fortunately a D4 scares the likes of me and Pete not one bit, in fact it's new technology draws us to it like moths to a flame and it but gives us a new and much needed incentive and challenge to aim at bettering ourselves that we never had before. While the rest of you may be willing to carry on believing that the world really is Flat, please excuse us alone for holding a belief that nothing is really beyond our comprehension and understanding. The D4 is a revamped D3, nothing more or less. We are respectively going to kick the D4's ass just as much as we did the D3's and all D4 owners will ultimately have the opportunity to benefit.

Lets face it, just because we are not actually paid or employed by Land Rover does not mean we can't fully understand the technology they produce, probably even to a better degree, and there is a certainly a very long line of people who would happily tell you that not only did we understand it, but we actually went one step better.

By allying and joining forces as we have, BBS and BAS really have, any and all D4 technology, backed into a corner from which there really is no escape and we sure as hell don't intend to let up for a second.

Post #59003625th Jan 2010 10:09 pm
carcollector

now here we go :

member @ landrover gtr
vin # sent by PM
this dear gentleman has already fitted the heater, lemme do the same Very Happy Very Happy

see, its not undoable afterall just a little persistence needed Laughing

3 more on my list : TV, DVD and Surround Camera System

Post #59075326th Jan 2010 8:52 pm
carcollector

Unnecessary quote removed

i could not find the Discovery 4 FAULTMATE MSV-2 NANO on blackbox-solutions.com .... how much is it for the single vehicle ?

thanks,

michael

Post #59077626th Jan 2010 9:07 pm
bellautos

You car has a build date of 3/9/09 so its early one Smile Nice colour btw its the same as mine.

The heater timer i have fitted is not complete yet so i dont want to waste your time at the moment with the needed parts.
You have the fuel burning heater fitted so it just needs the timer activation when ive completed it.

Re your cameras here is all the info i have at the moment.
You will also need wireing looms etc etc.

front cameras 2x LR014107
Mirror cameras 2x LR020031
fixed rear camera LR016317 225+vat 202.50+vat
pan and tilt rear camera LR016310 145+vat 130.50+vat
Module LR019346 309.75+vat

Rear tailgate handle wireing loom with front and rear cameras LR015459
Front bumper loom part number with parking sensors with cameras LR015498
Main harnes LHD with hi ice with front and rear cameras LR015829
Engine bay harnes with adaptive lights with front cameras LR015780

There is a start, the camera job does look a big job to do to be honest, both the looms dont look nice to fit, it will be a full interior out at least.

Pete

Post #59081926th Jan 2010 9:46 pm
bellautos

Re the faultmate MSV2 , i think you need hardware HW017 and equilevent to SM134 single car use software, i cant find it on the site as yet but it is very very new so may not be there yet.

Im sure Colin will be along soon to correct me if needed with what you need to order and the prices if im wrong.

Pete

Post #59083226th Jan 2010 10:01 pm
carcollector

great info !! and yes....OUR color is the best....lol

once i have all those parts, can you activate the functions via MSV2 ?

will get my man on ordering them or do you have someone good at a LR parts dept ?

thx Mr. Green

Post #59092426th Jan 2010 11:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >