Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
Ken

Hum forgot to say really must fit my Lightforce HID's Whistle

Post #52384723rd Sep 2009 8:04 am
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Laughing Thumbs Up
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #52385123rd Sep 2009 8:06 am
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Re: Things that really **** me off...

207 wrote:

2. drivers that come up behind you in lane 2 or 3 and flash their lights to to make you pull over because they want to do 90mph not 70.

no, ive done my fair share of being over the limit, but im not moving just cos there is some bas*erd behind flashing his lights, He can fu*king wait till i want to pull in!!!

Was it you obstructing my progress on the M40 westbound on Sunday evening then Whistle
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #52388823rd Sep 2009 9:30 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Just to add my twopence worth!

Why is that the majority of motorists seem to think that when joining a motorway/dual carriageway from a slip road that THEY are the ones that have priority over the traffic already on the road Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Why is it that the majority of motorists have forgotten what those funny orange lights at each corner of their cars are for, especially at roundabouts Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . Now they seem to think that they should only be used when performing the manoeuvre described above Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Why is that, the majority of motorists think they can be clearly seen driving around on sidelights (or worse - no lights at all) on these dark mornings or in rain/snow/sleet/fog. Dozy Censored wits! Do they think they are saving electricity or something by not switching their headlights on Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Finally, what is it about the concept of "average speed" that some dopey Censored don't understand! You know the ones, braking when approaching a specs camera and then accelerating away from it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #52390023rd Sep 2009 9:45 am
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Quote:
Finally, what is it about the concept of "average speed" that some dopey don't understand! You know the ones, braking when approaching a specs camera and then accelerating away from it

i like to think of that as "payback or karma" for the faults you mentioned first.... Rolling with laughter
 one wife.......livid  
Post #52390323rd Sep 2009 9:53 am
soundsolutions

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

http://myndasafn.bmwkraftur.is/d/9146-2/bmwindicatorrecall.gif

Whistle
 The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.  
Post #52390923rd Sep 2009 9:57 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WaznotWas

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

SS,

Does EC know.... Whistle Rolling with laughter Question

Note there wasn't one for Audi's though......... Shocked . Rolling with laughter
 FORECAST FOR TONIGHT: things have happened out there!!!
The countryside is still OURS!!
Club 3 Musketeers, Club D3C, Club Midland CB, Club Vertex PMR, Club GNVP Sump Plate, Club GNVP Sliders, Club Uncle Ray Spare Wheel Protector, Club Smooth Steering Wheel, Club McStuckie
07 HSE Z Silver, black leather, Black RRS badges,
19" anthracite wheels - off, 18" Silver / General AT2's - on,
300 TDI Disco 1 - Sheltering the lawn! 

Post #52391823rd Sep 2009 10:11 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
soundsolutions

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Warren,
Are you suggesting DC needs a recall?
Think I emailled that to EC many moons ago, not sure he saw the funny side... Laughing
 The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.  
Post #52393523rd Sep 2009 10:26 am
Roel

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I have also some orange lights on my orange D3 but I don't used because I think they are faulty. They go on and off at a set rate so I think they are not good and could damage my ECU's.
 Roel

1997 Camel Trophy Disco ex-P101JWK (traded it for a Britains 42101)
1984 90 TD5
2005 G4 Disco 3 BN55WPT

Also member of club MTR
and Club Faultmate

Interested in my 4x4 history see my website: www.mudmachine.webklik.nl
Sorry it's in Dutch and with google translator it gets funny. 

Post #52397823rd Sep 2009 11:29 am
crwoody

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

On this lane 2 / 3 (or 4) thing, how many times do you see lanes 2 & 3 or 3 & 4 nose to tail with traffic when lanes 1 / 2 are empty for miles ahead?

It really gets my goat when I think about the zillions they spend and all the ensuing disruption resulting while widenining M/ways from 3 to 4 lanes, only to find that a very large majority of drivers still insist on using only the outer two lanes. Money well spent? - Might be better spent on educating drivers instead?
 Clive

Post #52398123rd Sep 2009 11:34 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

But woody that is the very reason why they should allow under and overtaking like in the US....and believe or not, sections of the M25 Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #52398423rd Sep 2009 11:36 am
crwoody

Couldn't agree more, but drivers need to be very aware and I'n not so sure that some are capable of that.
 Clive

Post #52398623rd Sep 2009 11:40 am
crwoody

And another thing - what about the huge number of drivers that seem to have no idea of how to use a M/way slip road.
I see so many that get onto the carriageway as soon as they reach the end of the right hand side hashed area (or even before!) without getting up to the speed of the traffic and then just push their way in (as per Albourneboy, above.)

Admittedly, some will use their indicators, but it's more of a "just to let you know what I've just done" (in case you hadn't noticed,) rather than a "notice of intention".

But the really dangerous thing is when they've stopped on the hard shoulder for some reason and then, when setting off, - RH indicator comes on, then pull straight onto lane 1 from a virtual standstill. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Rant over, for now.
 Clive

Post #52400823rd Sep 2009 12:18 pm
SN

DG wrote:
But woody that is the very reason why they should allow under and overtaking like in the US....and believe or not, sections of the M25 Thumbs Up

and M42 - hard shoulders are the fastest way when the variable speedlimits are running

But not on the M60 - was overtaking some twonk in the middle lane at a 'swift' ahemm... pace yesterday afternoon and a nob in a Volvo V50 who had been up my ar5e for a mile or so swooped across to Lane 1 and sped off up the inside ... didn't get him far though - hyuuuuge jam near the Trafford Centre stopped him in his tracks Laughing
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #52401923rd Sep 2009 12:31 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

i LOVE the fact that all us D3 drivers are perfect...... Very Happy
 one wife.......livid  
Post #52402423rd Sep 2009 12:35 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >