Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Land Rover Assistance - Renewal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
B16 KJR

Scotland 

Forgot to say, he also arranged a replacement Discovery from Enterprise, but I had to wait until the following day as one was not available. The guy from Enterprise said I could only have the car for 2 days max.

Post #50072528th Jul 2009 9:57 am
JLR

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

B16 KJR wrote:
I had to call out Landover Assist last week when my car would not go into gear. It was an AA patrol that arrived at the house. He arranged for an AA recovery truck to take the car to the nearest dealer.

He told me that all Landrover Assist is now being handled by the AA, they all work from the same call centre but have differant desks for Landrover, Jaguar, BMW. Audi etc etc.

LRA guys(ex mondial T.U.P.E Law) went live last monday after going through an induction the AA.The first port of call is to get an JLR Tech or in landrovers case a LRA guy to attend first and formost,then and only then a AA patrol will attend.You can request a LRA guy by appointment apparently,,but when do cars breakdown to to appointment?.

It's coming apparent, cars going into dealers after a AA patrol has attended it,,the LRA guy could have fixed it Big Cry

It's a dedicated call centre in Oldbury handling JLR customers..Audi is with the RAC and BMW are with Mondial..

Post #50078728th Jul 2009 12:56 pm
xtc

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

LR Customer Services have told me that's the way it is. LRA on it's own is no longer available, only the complete package. So it would appear LR's strategy is now that we don't want to know you or offer you assistance now your vehicle is over 3 years old. They have had several complaints about this and it was being 'looked into' so nothing to happen there then.
I will waste my time and pursue it with a letter to Customer Relations asking for the reasoning behind the abandoning of loyal customers who are willing to pay a hefty premium over standard AA rates for a LR biased service. I'll let you know..
 Off Roading is OK.... But I'd rather be Boating!  
Post #50080228th Jul 2009 1:37 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
You think you're hard done by .......

All we've ever been offered by LR over here is 3 years AA cover.Slap it on a flatbed and recover to a dealer.You then get what you're given by Enterprise as a loaner for 48 hours then if you hapen to live 150 miles from the nearest Enterprise depot you're stuck with driving the loaner back there awell.Extended Warranty ? no chance either.

Nice, considering I gave them 73 grand Thumbs Up

Am I bitter ? really ,Nah Laughing

Post #50080428th Jul 2009 1:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JimboD3

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I have to say that when LRA came out to investigate my split rear CV boot the other day, and an AA guy arrived I was a tad sceptical...............but he knew his stuff, he'd been on a LR 'course', and knew quite a bit about the vehicle - didn't know the emergency tailgate release trick, but does now, and wrote it in his little black note book Thumbs Up The AA guy arranged a flatbed taxi to the dealers for first thing the next morning (I was at home anyway); and he arranged a loaner from Enterprise (TDV8 Rangie Very Happy ).......the loaner was supposedly only for 2 days, but I was due to be away on hols and the dealer couldn't repair mine in time, so had the Rangie for 5 days in total !

On the other hand, when LRA (different AA man this time) came out a few days previous to the CV boot incident to fix my stuffed top tailgate...........he knew f'all about the Disco, didn't know where the fusebox was, and really didnt seem to know much - and in 'fixing' the corroded flappy-switch-tailgate-opening-badly-designed-thing, he's broken it..........over at the dealers today, the workshop controller took one look and said that I need a whole new outer door handle assembly Shocked , luckily it's covered by the warranty Thumbs Up
 Jim
Standard TDV6 HSE
Non-standard Td5 110 Hardtop

Club Traxide 

Post #50081528th Jul 2009 2:21 pm
Barry C-All

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hi everyone, for what it's worth,on Friday last, my D3 flashed it's suspension defect light in amber then red, and settled on the bump stops. After the requisite switch off, it recovered ,I drove home and called LR Assist.
45 minutes later, new D3 c/w flashing amberlights and body stripes, arrived at my home with LR Assist expert who explained that the AA now ran the service, and it" should be as good as before" He had a guess at the prob, confirmed it with his laptop (NSF Height sensor) Collected a replacement from Lookers Chelmsford, returned and fitted it.

First time I have ever used LR Assist, absolutely 100% excellent service, could not wish for better. Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter

Post #50081928th Jul 2009 2:32 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Barry C
are you in the standard 3 year warranty or extended Question
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #50097928th Jul 2009 8:55 pm
Barry C-All

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Hi Andrew S
D3 first registered Feb 2008, standard three-year manufacturer's warranty. I get the feeling that I would hate to run a D3 or similar that wasn't covered by somebody's warranty as I fear that to do so could seriously damage your wealth.
Regards
Barry C-All
Whistle Whistle

Post #50154729th Jul 2009 11:19 pm
Chris B.

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi all, I have just bought a 6 month old d3, obviously I have got 2 years 6 months manufactures warranty left but if I want to extend this do I do it now or can I wait till the warranty runs out?. Thanks Chris.

Post #50156229th Jul 2009 11:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AVE
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Chris B, just wait until nearer the time and you will be 'invited' to extend your warranty just before the original one runs out.

I extended with LR the first year but I've taken out a warranty with Tesco this year. I haven't arranged any breakdown cover yet, was going to get RAC using Tesco vouchers but I'm wondering if there may be any advanages by going with AA.
 As you slide down the banister of life
may no splinters point your way

Disco XXV
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY16
Discovery Sport HSE Lux MY17

Evoque HSE Dynamic MY16 (Gone)
RRS2 Autobiography Dynamic MY14 (Lovely car but preferred the Disco!)
Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE MY05 (owned for 11 years and now gone)
Range Rover Sport HSE MY11 (Gone)
Freelander2 SE (Gone but the most reliable car we've ever owned)
Disco 2 V8 (Gone) 

Post #50161230th Jul 2009 9:21 am
Chris B.

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Thanks Ave, I was in such a rush when I picked it up I didnt ask the right questions.

Post #50170130th Jul 2009 12:13 pm
paul

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I have breakdown cover through the Police Federation.

£52 a year for the Disco which is everything except Euro cover, 7 days hire car at £50 a day.
Yes they send out a garage who may or may not be able to fix it, but at least I know who is coming and haven't paid £189 for pot luck.

I just took it out on my car because its just 3 years old and it cost £24 a year because its the second car.

Not used them yet but for £76 a year I don't really care whether they fix it there and then or if the dealer fixes it and my tesco warranty pays for it.

cheers
 2006 TDV6 S Auto, Buckingham Blue, for the wife and kids.
2013 BMW 535d M sport touring. 

Post #50241131st Jul 2009 8:49 pm
Non sense

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Have got a Four yrs old D3 and asked local LR dealer about warranty they gave me a price of 875 or 975 for assist. can anybody point me in a direction for a good one?
jas
 If it moves and got an engine, can't be that bad??  
Post #50244731st Jul 2009 10:14 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Go for Tesco Warranty. Will be 50%+ cheaper and if mileage wise you're eligible for the Finest Plan, it's better cover than the LR warranty your dealer will sell you. Tesco Warranty is also administered by the same people that administer the LR warranty. You won't be able to buy LR Assist separately with the Tesco Warranty though
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #50246531st Jul 2009 11:05 pm
philhunt

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

JIMBOD3 - to save me doing a search, what's the emergency taigate release trick?
 Clubs Mantec, Tasmods, LEDS, AT2s on 18s, Maxxis Bighorns on 17s, Remote FBH, BAS. ReMap, BSS., RLD Personalised SWP., Safari Snorkel, Faultmate, Three Musketeers & MUD

Post #50247031st Jul 2009 11:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >