Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

It comes to us all in the end...EPB...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
It comes to us all in the end...EPB...

Started a bit of screaming last night and once this morning - but only when I applied the EPB on an incline and the brake took up some of the movement of the car...

This afternoon at 5pm I applied the EPB at the traffic lights of a fairly busy side junction and it screamed like a banshee and ended up well and truly stuvk on (and yes - I was on a slight incline...)

Needed the help of LRA to actually release manually. But now I am without EPB as the warning messages are telling me it is not funcitoning... Big Cry Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #44208421st Mar 2009 7:34 pm
SN

its an auto - you don't need it Thumbs Up

actually it doesn;t come to us all in the end - in three years of typical abuse I never had an EPB screamer on my blue D3 Thumbs Up
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #44236022nd Mar 2009 7:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Have you operated the switch since the cable was pulled? If not, then operating the switch once is supposed to reconnect the cables to make the EPB ready again.

Post #44255523rd Mar 2009 3:37 am
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

GraemeS wrote:
Have you operated the switch since the cable was pulled? If not, then operating the switch once is supposed to reconnect the cables to make the EPB ready again.

Not yet - I don't want to chance it. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to ge them to look at it and do a full adjustment.
 The next American ex-pat that calls it a "truck" is going to find out what 2.7 tons feels like on their foot...

Club "yes, I too have had the EGR's replaced..."
Club "yes, I too have had the compressor replaced..."
Club "yes, I too once had the car at the dealer for a couple of weeks nearly 4 weeks over 4 weeks...5 weeks"
Club "yes, I too have had EPB failure..."
Club "yes, I too get mysterious bings and bongs..." 

Post #44258123rd Mar 2009 8:32 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

Mine failed this year in a similar fashion. Turned out to be a broken wire in the EPB circuit down the back somewhere. Took a bit of finding. The independent who did the work (an excellent one called Les Potts 4x4 in Sunderland) first tried a new switch, then slaved a new EPB module in. The fault was still there so they then did continuity tests on the wiring which led them to find this.

Click image to enlarge

You can just see the break in the circled area with a slightly thinner area to its right where the wire has chaffed through to the inner conductors.
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #44260923rd Mar 2009 9:35 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >