Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Removal 2nd row of Seats
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JohnC

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Removal 2nd row of Seats

I have just taken delivery of a D3 "S" and am currently preparing it for an outback trip. I previously ran a D2 and removed the 2nd row of seats and installed my fridge in this position. I am hoping to do the same in the D3.
The same bolts hold the seats in position; however when the seat is removed a small "white" pin which protrudes through the seat base plate remains unprotected on the floor.
Does anyone know whether or not these pins serve some useful purpose and therefore need protection, or whether they are merely locating pins for the seat base plates?
 WJC  
Post #44189921st Mar 2009 5:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discoeast

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

JohnC,
They are location pins, but I think there may be an added
safety design as well, that's just MHO. I just took out the
center seat and put my fridge there.
 D3 bullbar-spots-roof rack with spots-ladder-long range tank-swing out spare wheel carrier- upgraded tow bar-dash console-internal water tank-duel awnings-drawer system & T T.  
Post #44190021st Mar 2009 7:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JohnC

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Discoeast

Thanks for answering my query. I can see from some photos in your gallery that your fridge is positioned where I want to place mine.

Glad to see that you have a ARB bar fitted to your vehicle. I am about to have ARB fit a bar, rear wheel carrier, long range tank and snorkel to my vehicle before I headi off for the Kimberley in May.
 WJC  
Post #44256323rd Mar 2009 7:31 am
Discoeast

The nice thing of this set up is, if you have two kids in
the back, there is no fighting to be on the middle seat
Bow down Bow down Bow down Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
AND YOU CAN GET TO THE BEER ON THE MOVE Shocked
Thumbs Up in the bush of course. Post some pics
when you're done, I would love to see it. Thumbs Up
 D3 bullbar-spots-roof rack with spots-ladder-long range tank-swing out spare wheel carrier- upgraded tow bar-dash console-internal water tank-duel awnings-drawer system & T T.  
Post #44257323rd Mar 2009 8:13 am
IanR

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

For our trip last year I removed the 2nd row seats and replaced with a platform (just above floor level) which is secured to 4 of the seat mounting points (sealed up the others) - simple job that worked really well.

The locating pins are just that for the seats and can be ignored

Photos in my gallery
 'S' TDV6, Air suspension, Terrain Response, Active rear diff, Safari Snorkel, Opposite Lock rear wheel carrier, OL drawer system, Cargo Barrier, Dual batteries with Rotronics isolator, GME 3440 UHF. Codan NGT HF, Asus UMPC running TrackRanger. Cooper LT245/70R17 STTs when off-road. Tow Ultimate off-road camper.  
Post #44257723rd Mar 2009 8:26 am
MARKW

United Kingdom 

I've done the very same thing. But I removed the complete row. Made a small metal box frame that uses the mounting bolt holes and locating pins. The a sheet of ply over the top. Job done. It's now all removed for painting. I'll post some pics of it when I reinstall
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #44257823rd Mar 2009 8:27 am
Discoeast

IanR, nice set up, have you considered placing your water in
tanks under the platform, there is a lot of wasted space there.
Post #44260623rd Mar 2009 9:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >