Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Tomorrow's challenge - HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Not a bad car, but if you thought D3s were depreciating badly, have you seen the prices on 54/05 Tregs?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #44154420th Mar 2009 11:57 am
Gaza

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

From what you are saying it definatley looks like all 2008.5 stock has gone. The promo and deep discounting seems to have cleared the disused airfileds of stock. The lack of used D3s suggests that a lot of the clearance stock has gone to people like me who are on our first Disco's (or coming back to the brand).

There is no doubt that used prices of all types of cars are on the rise again after hitting rock bottom at the end of 208. Last summer I was offered £9k for my X3 against a used D3. I sold it privatley last month for £9400. A BMW dealer had offered me just £6750.

I had tried one of those "we will buy you car" places on the internet just to see what they would offer. Originally they offered the same as the BMW dealer. I had an email from them last week adding another £1k to the offer.

I suspect your quest is in vain. You may have to compromise.

The Toureg is not a bad car. If you can live withiut the extra 2 seats of the Disco and you don't venture to the places you would in a Disco then it may be a good bed.

Post #44186521st Mar 2009 12:14 am
carl1

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

My local Dealer - Hereford Landrover - have a 56 HSE with 11000 miles on there forecourt for a fiver short of 30k Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I am staggered at the attitude of the dealers i have tried to spend money with. I called in at this dealer as the they sold me my FL2 (very happy with it too small for my needs) asked them to source a Disco3, how much i had to spend and to chop in my FL. They didn't even bother to ring back ( and I kep't on badgering them through out a week) and say sorry no can do you will need to put more deposit down. In the end went to Likes Landrover and got a cracking 57 HSE with just 7k on the clock. I had to put down more money etc etc but at least they bothered to get in touch. It's called negotiation, anyway Likes (and mine) gain Hereford Landrover's loss I spose. Laughing Laughing

Post #44187421st Mar 2009 12:45 am
Disco3newbie

Scotland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi Blue Manc
How's the D3 hunt going? Just read your thread about the 08 XS at s-stones,,,at that sort of price I think I will trade mine in for a new one because it seems to be appreaciating in value since last November. Local LR dealer said they are selling everything they can buy at auction and paying over the odds to buy good low mileage D3's at the auction. They had 2 G4's a week ago but now only have one on the forecourt and very few D3's left...mainly 08 HSE's around £33K mark.

Good look in your quest. Thumbs Up

Post #44188921st Mar 2009 1:50 am
blue_manc

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Still ongoing. I think my best option is to hire a car for a couple of months - I can get something stupidly small for £500 through work so long as I can stand stand the shame of being seen in a Ka or a Punto.

I will then watch the market and keep my eye out for a good deal - and if nothing in two months I will have to go for something cheaper like and estate and forget my off road fun for a couple of years. Big Cry

The deals are out there - you just need to be quick to get them - probably 4 cars of the spec i wanted have gone this week which I missed out on due to timing.

Post #44193921st Mar 2009 10:09 am
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

If you can't find the D3 you want, you could always get a defender, £10k would buy you a very nice example, and then a £15k road car (plenty of choice used at this money). Assuming you can stand the x2 tax and insurance, it would at least get you off road in something capable! Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #44194021st Mar 2009 10:13 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

I bought a new Corsa yesterday for my neighbour (they asked me to get a discount for them) and it was the first new car they sold in 11 days and it's new Reg month. It was in stock but exactly the spec we wanted and we got around 22% off the list price.

They said car prices will go up in a couple of months due to lower stock levels as manufacturers holding off production and also because the £ has weakened and lot's of the parts and raw materials are sourced oversea's and this means costs have gone up.

In my opinion now is the time to buy, it has a reached the point where there is no point selling them otherwise as it will cost money. They had to sell stock to get cash flow, but once that dry's up there is no point selling at below cost.

Post #44194121st Mar 2009 10:14 am
blue_manc

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Sadly looks like my search is not working - not prepared to compromise on age (given lack of experience want something newer for a longer warranty) and dealers not willing to shift at all on price.

I was told by a friend who bought one back end of last year that the local dealers here "seem like they don't want to sell you a vehicle" - I am beginning to see what he means.

Can't really go too far afield to look as work and other commitments means it is difficult at present to write a whole day off just to go look at a vehicle on the off chance.

Big Cry

Post #44327324th Mar 2009 10:51 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My Director has just closed a deal on a new Q7 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes But at 22% off list , all the toys he wants and 4.5k for his 7 year old 110k ML. In the showroom now and he picks it up on Friday!

Oh and his wife likes it...... At least he chose Black Mr. Green

I still prefer the Disco Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #44327724th Mar 2009 10:58 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >