Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Hand Brake
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
afp001

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: fixed squealing brake = much improved mpg?!

rory822 wrote:
My D3 developed this same awful squeal a couple of weeks ago, but only if the car was driven forwards from parked; reversing first wouldn't cause it.

My local dealership was aware of this particular problem, and the necessary work was done without any problems.

However - Shocked - I have noticed that my average mpg has now climbed from sub 24, to a much more respectable 29?!?!?! Has anyone else experienced this same "side-effect"? It's done about 7000 miles, and I reset the cpu about once a week. My driving style has most definately not been altered... 8)

Steve

Steve, Yes I noticed this. Not quite high as you though. However, I think the car has more go in it now. It really flies. I can't make my mind up as to whether it was the brakes binding or maybe my software was up-dated. The work was only done 2 weeks ago and as yet I have not had the time to ask.

Cheers, Alan
 TDV6 SE auto, Java / Alpacca
2010 Mini Cooper S Conv. Pepper White, Blue roof
2010 Jaguar XJ, Caviar with Cashew seats, B&W 1200W Hifi 

Post #565415th May 2006 6:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rory822

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

secret software updates? I like the sound of that 8)

D3 Ready>
D3 Ready> LOAD "decent_mpg.bat"
D3 Ready> RUN

something like that, d'ya reckon? Very Happy

steve
 TDV6 S AUTO | CAIRNS BLUE | SIDE STEPS
3 KIDS | SEAT COVERS ESSENTIAL 

Post #565595th May 2006 9:06 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Steve55

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mine does exactly the same thing, 14,700 miles and going for its first service.
I have mentioned it to the dealer, Startsone in Soilihull but they did not seem to think its a problem and would be fixed.
We'll if thats the case after the service.
 Discovery 3 SE Auto Zambezi Silver
Black Leather Seats
Build Date: 12th April 2005 23:40
Leave Site: 14th April 2005 04:16
Source: Land Rover Lode Lane
Reg: 1st July 05 

Post #565625th May 2006 9:26 pm
Tim in Scotland

Scotland 

Malcolm wrote:
Or ,as I did, you can get a French Hotel to by-pass the entire handbrake system Idea :-
You ask for your car to be brought round to the front of the bijou chateaux that you and HID have slipped away to for a spot of r&r. You pay your bill and with your luggage already packed by le petit homme you walk out to find several German tourists laughing themselves silly as your £30k plus super machine is held on the hill by the application of a brick under each wheel.The french garcon giving the ou est la park-brake routine
never fails, squeaks, or slips Laughing Laughing Laughing

Parking attendants at Birmingham Airport Airparks also could not figure out how to release the EPB on my Sport recently when I left it in their hands - just as well I wasn't in a rush for my flight as the guy came rushing after the couresty bus to ask me how he should let off the handbrake as he couldn't find the brake lever.................... and when I told him he replied "Oh it's the same system as them new BMW's then" "No it's not - I believe on those you push the switch down top release the brake, with D3 and RRS you just drive off" replied I. He was then totally confused!
 Now a disillusioned new Land Rover buyer and have jumped ship to something less expensive and more reliable that hugs trees.... now driving a Mini Countryman PHEV as well as my trusty and brilliant 1996 Epsom Green Defender90 Tdi300  
Post #565755th May 2006 9:53 pm
Big Fish

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Squeeky brakes

Booked in for my third trip to the LR dealer, but now I've read the above am far more happy with the approach that I will take. This time gloves off!! Thanks one and all.
 It's silver, enough said!

Live life by one rule - He who dies with the most toys - Wins!! 

Post #570548th May 2006 11:19 pm
KL

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Tim in Scotland wrote:
"No it's not - I believe on those you push the switch down top release the brake, with D3 and RRS you just drive off" replied I. He was then totally confused!

You can just drive off with the auto- but with the manual you have to release park brake first.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 7 seat Buckingham Blue
Had it since new - sold Jun 17 after 12 years and 214,000 miles 

Post #570829th May 2006 8:14 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

But with the manual you don't have to remember to apply it, does it all by itself when you take the key out Very Happy
 The End  
Post #570909th May 2006 8:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >