Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Webasto + FBH, Need some clarification, pls?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
luciogodoy

Brazil 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Webasto + FBH, Need some clarification, pls?

Morning All;

I managed to get hold of a Webasto timer from eBay (Brand new, not second hand), connected all up using Stapldm document (Nice tutorial, thanks).

I have followed up the Webasto manual to set time, duration (30 mins) and the preset time (all 3 timers set to 07:25).

It all seems to be working, I think....

1) When I press the Fire/Flame button the FBH starts makes lots of noise (Fan and Pump), then I hear few low volume short clicks, the FBH runs for about 1 to 2 minutes and shuts it down. I have tried after the system was shutdown and with temperatures above and below 4C.

Is it right to thing that the Fire/Flame button will fire-up (override) the FBH if the outside and the coolant temperature are below the optimum engine operating temperature?

2) This morning the FBH was set for 07:25 and nothing happened, or I thought it was set and it did what it was supposed to do, nothing. Since there are 3 possible start timings, do i have to do anything before to make one of these 3 timer settings active, pls?

I am resetting the FBH as we "speak" 09:00 Monday morning, as per the suggestions on other postings.

By the way I am using the W-Bus wire and the 1533 Oval Webasto timer.

Thanks

Lucio
 I'm riding a R1250GSA Triple Back
Previous love: Disco 3 HSE MY07, D4 heated Steering/W, D4 rear cluster, D4 extended roof rack, D4 grille & air grille, D4 rear bumper, colour coded arches + front bumper, side-steps, Webasto timer/ remote control, De-Tangoed Xenon headlights + HID, LEDs all around, reverse CAM (RR hack) + brightness, DLR LEDs, 3-click indicator, SatNav on the move, EGR's done, front/rear antiroll bar Polybush, gearbox pan/filter + oil mega-flush. 

Post #36536327th Oct 2008 10:15 am
luciogodoy

Hi All;

Just found the answer for question 2 on this nice Flash page:

http://www.standheizung.de/fileadmin/flash...mer_en.swf

Yes, it wasn't set! you have to select the program that you want.

Thanks

Lucio
Previous love: Disco 3 HSE MY07, D4 heated Steering/W, D4 rear cluster, D4 extended roof rack, D4 grille & air grille, D4 rear bumper, colour coded arches + front bumper, side-steps, Webasto timer/ remote control, De-Tangoed Xenon headlights + HID, LEDs all around, reverse CAM (RR hack) + brightness, DLR LEDs, 3-click indicator, SatNav on the move, EGR's done, front/rear antiroll bar Polybush, gearbox pan/filter + oil mega-flush. 

Post #36537327th Oct 2008 10:44 am
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Remember it won't work while the car is awake, you have to wait for everything to shut down, i.e radio display nothing etc. If you open a door or switch anything on it will cancel the heater.

If you hear that noise which sounds like it is starting up, it means either the heater can't fire up or the bus is still active and it won't work. If you do it three times, it will lock out.

If you want an easy way to test it, open the drivers door and let the car shut down (can take 10 minutes or more), then press the flame button.

Post #36538227th Oct 2008 11:06 am
tintenter

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

has any one got a sure fire way to reset the FBH if you think it has locked out as mine will fire up and can see the smoke from the exhaust Very Happy but only runs for aprox 1 min before shutting down Evil or Very Mad
 Tintenter
Corris Grey Discovery 4 HSE

Bigger permagrin now installed

Semper in excretum, sole profundum moveat. 

Post #36541427th Oct 2008 1:25 pm
luciogodoy

Hi Guys;

I have removed the power from the FBH while the car was in "sleep" mode for aprox. 60 mins. Have set the timer "1" to 07:25, I have full tank & full battery. Hopefully it will work.

The other way of resetting the FBH is to press the flame button on the timer for 3 seconds, remove the 20 Amp fuse (number 28, battery compartment) then insert the fuse again, repeat the operation once more and it is supposed to reset. I don’t if works! Sorry!

I believe the other way is to Hard Reset the car, remove the + and – cables from the battery, short the cables (NOT THE BATTERY) for 10 minutes and that should hard reset the car.

I am very hopeful that my FBH will work tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Lucio

Post #36553227th Oct 2008 7:06 pm
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

can anyone tell me how to set the clock? Embarassed

Post #36555527th Oct 2008 7:38 pm
luciogodoy

TazDaz;

Press and hold the "set" button, press the Forward or Reverse button as well. The time of the day is displayed and the clock symbol flashes.

Set the time now wit the forward or the reverse buttons, when finished just press the set button again,

Look at this link, is quite cool and easy to undertand.

http://www.standheizung.de/fileadmin/flash...mer_en.swf

Lucio

Post #36557027th Oct 2008 8:11 pm
tintenter

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

tried every thing except the hard reset of the car, Confused

and it was me that found the 3 second reset process from a user manual for the oval timer. so tried that one several times, Whistle
i am beginning to think it may be a fault with the FBH rather than a fault lock out. Big Cry
 Tintenter
Corris Grey Discovery 4 HSE

Bigger permagrin now installed

Semper in excretum, sole profundum moveat. 

Post #36558827th Oct 2008 8:30 pm
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

Lucio

Thumbs Up OK got it now, thanks

Post #36559627th Oct 2008 8:39 pm
luciogodoy

Hi Tintenter and All;

Quote:
and it was me that found the 3 second reset process from a user manual for the oval timer. so

Tintenter didn't know it was you sorry Shocked , but thanks also Razz

Very Happy all smiles over here now, the FBH kicked at 07:25, as per my instructions, but the wife Twisted Evil decided to take my car instead and it only operated for 10 minutes Mad

But on those 10 minutes the temp. dial moved from below the marking to aprox 1mm above the blue marking. If the FBH has its 30 minutes, i reckon i would have a warmer car.

Next i need to find out about the Flame/Fire button, but this is for this evening.

Regards

Lucio

Post #36582028th Oct 2008 9:56 am
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Looks like I have found my next modification boys,,,,,,now where do I find the information of the Webasto timer and wiring. I am used to these in my truck and would love a warm D3 in the early mornings Whistle

Post #36609228th Oct 2008 9:16 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Looks like I have found my next modification boys,,,,,,now where do I find the information of the Webasto timer and wiring. I am used to these in my truck and would love a warm D3 in the early mornings Whistle

Post #36609328th Oct 2008 9:17 pm
zaphod

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic15454.html
Thumbs Up
 Sail Fast - Live Slow...

.. / -.- -. --- .-- / .-- .... . .-. . / -- -.-- / - --- .-- . .-.. / .. ... 

Post #36619028th Oct 2008 11:18 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

or this http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic16361.html Wink
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #36627929th Oct 2008 2:22 am
luciogodoy

My D3 was nice and warm this moring -1C outside / +18C inside, we had some snow - lovely (for a Brazilian).

Post #36658229th Oct 2008 7:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >