Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Software problems?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Ecosse

Infotainment system crashes again!

Recurrence of my 12 Jan problem - shortly after starting (after vehicle been left for 15 mins), the whole infotainment system (screen, radio/cd, voice) the lot just crashed & all blank. A quick turn of engine off & on, brought the radio screen on showing station etc, but no sound & no sat nav screen or voice! Again it reset itself after being left 20 mins with engine off.
Not very reassuring - will certainly not keep a vehicle ofthis complexity outwith its manufacturers warranty period!

Post #27321st Jan 2005 5:16 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

When it comes back on, has it remembered the time and all your preset radio stations? If not, I would suspect a loose wire that is interrupting the power.

What has the dealer got to say about it? If they say they can't find a fault then I would start leaning on them to replace the whole infotainment system without question. If they say there is nothing wrong with it, then ask them if they are calling you a liar! because you know there is obviously something wrong with it.

Mine has never done this, so don't be fobbed off with "its normal"

Post #27721st Jan 2005 8:25 pm
Ecosse

This time it had, the previous time the only thing was that it had switched off the auto Traffic/News settings! From posting it the last time to the lrchroniclepub forum it appears that I am not the only one who has sufferred this. I'm basically keeping a note of this and other problems & will give it another few weeks then book it in for all to be done at one by the dealer

Post #27921st Jan 2005 11:17 pm
Ecosse

Had a further recurrence of it - this time teh radio came back on after a 5 minute stop, along with a "frozen" LR logo on the Sat Nav screen; but only after a 20 min stop did the voice & sat nav reboot itself. Clearly some sort of computer issue. Mind you, the Sat Nav now gives POI of petrol stations once the fuel warning comes on.. which it definitely wasn't doing before!!

Post #39728th Jan 2005 2:22 pm
Coffeecup

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Gareth wrote:
I can confirm most of the issues here. Altimeter is slightly out, but my only reference is a trip over the M62 to Leeds, where the summit is signed at about 1200 ft. I think it was about 150ft out.

The sign on the M62 is actually wrong. I believe the sign was moved from it's original location at some time. You can tell this as it is supposed to mark the highest point on the highest UK Motorway, but the road on one side is rises from where the sign actually is. (not by 150 but a noticable amount).

Coffeecup

Tonga Green March 2005 TDV6 S - Tonga Green - Manual
Stornoway Grey May 2008 TDV6 SE - Stornoway Grey - Auto
Tonga Green Dec 2010 SDV6 XS - Galway Green - Auto 

Post #3870323rd Jan 2006 7:48 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Next time I go to Leeds, I'll take my hand held gps, which has a spot on altimeter and I'll check that out Wink I know the gps is accurate, because I checked it on the beach at Abersoch last summer. It said 10ft, but it was high tide!

Post #3871023rd Jan 2006 8:11 pm
Ecosse

The altimeter function is definitely out by approx 150 ft - indeed my car was checked by the sat nav manufaturer (Denso) who confirmed that there was simply no way of altering it & that it is a standard issue with the system as also in the RRS ! Evil or Very Mad

Post #3873823rd Jan 2006 9:10 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >